• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Daytona

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove
it seems that there are at least 3 factories doing the working chrono daytona. TW, Fake noob and S factory. He said that Shanghai Factory (producing movements) has released a new 7750 movement which is slimmer. There is even a version of the TW Daytona that comes with clean v3 bezel. Tw is 13.2mm and actually looks quite good but the problem is some dealers put noob stickers on them to deceive people.

I got a Noob sleeve from the seller so I guess I have one of the brands you mentioned above. The winding is tight even after servicing so I am just going to shake it when I put it on my wrist. Chronos still work but not something I probably will attempt too often.

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove
138 is the clasp code I've seen on all the BIAO's. It's also been used by Noob and ROF on their GMTs, and the Noob YM as you said.

This combined with that post on reddit showing the photos of the 4130 movements, supposedly back in production might just mean more Noob wannabes and genuine successors - I am sure we would end up paying more than than $688 we were used to. Happy to be wrong in this department, though...

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
This combined with that post on reddit showing the photos of the 4130 movements, supposedly back in production might just mean more Noob wannabes and genuine successors - I am sure we would end up paying more than than $688 we were used to. Happy to be wrong in this department, though...

Arf is trying to buy noob contract for the 4130. Gonna be interesting how get that contract at the end.

Reactions: weezkid

Flyzone

Known Member
13/5/21
Italia
4bca92f6b3749755ecc74dfb5f333c66.jpg

12.5mm and cost me $247! Does the chrono function work? Umm. If you count ALWAYS being on, yea it works. Haha. Don’t ever try to stop and reset it though. But uh…. 99.99999% of people have no clue it’s fake as hell.

3ecc3ecadbe1a4df03792fad3992aedc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What factory Is this?

Flyzone

Known Member
13/5/21
Italia
I got a Noob sleeve from the seller so I guess I have one of the brands you mentioned above. The winding is tight even after servicing so I am just going to shake it when I put it on my wrist. Chronos still work but not something I probably will attempt too often.

sorry but just shaking it does not remain in operation. to me it stops immediately

Flyzone

Known Member
13/5/21
Italia
So i been investigating for the last couple of days on Chinese websites about this particular watch. It seems that now that noob is gone and the daytona being the most sold rep, a lot of factories are try to make big bank.

I talked with user pmtu om reddit (he also did a post yesterday about the fake noob Daytona posted in here https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/com...m_source=share ) it seems that there are at least 3 factories doing the working chrono daytona. TW, Fake noob and S factory. He said that Shanghai Factory (producing movements) has released a new 7750 movement which is slimmer. There is even a version of the TW Daytona that comes with clean v3 bezel. Tw is 13.2mm and actually looks quite good but the problem is some dealers put noob stickers on them to deceive people.
j2FeGY.jpg
j2FULD.jpg
j2FAi3.jpg
j2FLps.jpg

And biao with Chrono functioning. Tw Is more thick

Reactions: KJ2020

bleedinglottery

Patron
Certified
7/8/19
Germany
I don't understand why they teases the biao daytona models in gold with the Newman dial but clearly nobody carries them.

Reactions: Obelard

WolfKissed

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/6/21
California
What factory Is this?

I’ve honestly no clue as I did NOT buy this from a TD. It was a miracle I got a watch at all. And super cool that I got one that works… kinda. Haha
I LOOKS fantastic!! But to any trained eye it’s a tell 100 meters away that chrono is constantly running. Lest you come up with an excuse.

I’m not in the business of promoting non TD’s so I won’t mention it on the threads. If you’re Uber curious just PM me and I can share the link where I got it. Oh yeah it runs fast… about a minute a day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove
sorry but just shaking it does not remain in operation. to me it stops immediately

I try to do it this way as much as I can, probably a bit of a phobia after this happened

I was just too excited on that morning

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove
I should have said the above happened with another Noob 116520 unit that I have, not the 'mystery' unit

Pam297Pam299

Known Member
1/12/17
You have to thin them yourself bro. It's easy to do. Install them on the crystal (use a junk crystal if you feel better) and lay some 400 or 320 grit sandpaper flat on a bench. Then exactly like reducing the diameter of an aluminum insert, hold the crystal plus gasket on edge and swipe roll it across the sandpaper. Go easy at first to assess how much is coming off. Do 3-4 swipe rolls covering about a 30° arc, then rotate to the next arc. Overlap arcs slightly. Use calipers to measure progress and increase or decrease sanding amounts in areas where necessary. Don't use black sandpaper, it can discolor the gasket.

Thank you for the tip!

Reactions: KJ2020