• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New C+F Explorer 2

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
C+f has many flaws, the gmf has flaws too.
Waiting for better version...

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
@CTime Has these GMTs now listed:

Time to discuss these "many flaws" that I can't see.

Orange text on dial looks a perfect match on the hands and crown looks good. What do you experts think?

Reactions: CTime

cassapanca

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/12/16
@CTime Has these GMTs now listed:

Time to discuss these "many flaws" that I can't see.

Orange text on dial looks a perfect match on the hands and crown looks good. What do you experts think?
The wrong position of the date window, in my opinion, is the biggest flaw. I would choose the gmf because of this

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
Looks like the GMF remains the best option due to the date location pinpointed above. The crown from this release looks a lot better however. If the crown on this one is combined with the rest of the GMF, we have a pretty good rep.

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Looks like the GMF remains the best option due to the date location pinpointed above. The crown from this release looks a lot better however. If the crown on this one is combined with the rest of the GMF, we have a pretty good rep.
The GMF release remains the best option with the date in the correct location. But I don’t think the SH3285 movement is a good option at the moment. I’ve now seen three broken SH3285 setting levers. This recent one was broken in two places. I suspect the metal that Shanghai movement factory is using for this part is not a strong enough alloy for the high forces that get generated by humans pushing and pulling the stem.

Trebor88

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/11/23
Hello,
Which movement do you consider most reliable? the gmf ? or the C+?
Is it possible to buy the VR3285 movement in case of breakdown?

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Hello,
Which movement do you consider most reliable? the gmf ? or the C+?
Is it possible to buy the VR3285 movement in case of breakdown?
You’ve asked this question in several different threads… so I’ll answer again: both the GMf and C+ use the same movement. The vr3285 and the sh3285 are the same movement. Both have a weak setting lever. But if you have to buy an explorer II today, then buy the GMf version since it has the date in the right place.

Trebor88

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/11/23
You’ve asked this question in several different threads… so I’ll answer again: both the GMf and C+ use the same movement. The vr3285 and the sh3285 are the same movement. Both have a weak setting lever. But if you have to buy an explorer II today, then buy the GMf version since it has the date in the right place.
Thanks for all.

orchard1

Looking Around
19/5/21
Glad I looked up this thread, this was going to be my question.. been patiently waiting for Clean to release their version. I guess I will be waiting a bit longer.
In my opinion, Clean gets everything right except white dials. I don't know why they struggle so much with white dials..

catana1981

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
14/10/12
UK
Saying that.
I ve just just received my GMF few days ago.
It broke two days ago.
The setting lever is gone. I cannot change the date or adjust the hour hand.
If I knew it s soo week I would have stayed away.
I think it s going to be an expensive repair.
Extremely disappointed. 😔

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Saying that.
I ve just just received my GMF few days ago.
It broke two days ago.
The setting lever is gone. I cannot change the date or adjust the hour hand.
If I knew it s soo week I would have stayed away.
I think it s going to be an expensive repair.
Extremely disappointed. 😔
You’ll need a new setting lever. The gen part fits:

Then you’ll need a watchmaker to do the repair for you. It’s not a huge job, but it’s also not trivial.

Reactions: catana1981

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Read through all of these looks like still no good 42mm reps yet. I'll hold.
No one can see your posts because you have more than one account on RWI, please take out a support ticket at The RWI Help Desk to get it fixed.

And mate, "no decent examples"? Are you kidding? I have a feeling you have never seen a modern rep, the "flaws" being discussed above are very minor, this watch is better than any model of any watch that was produced only a few years ago.

Last edited:

Yacht-Monster

The entertainer previously known as Roughwatch
Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
The wrong position of the date window, in my opinion, is the biggest flaw. I would choose the gmf because of this
Sorry, what's wrong with the position of the date window? Is it too low? I'm looking ata gen pic and the window seems between 14-16. Thanks.

cassapanca

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/12/16
Sorry, what's wrong with the position of the date window? Is it too low? I'm looking ata gen pic and the window seems between 14-16. Thanks.
C+f has a wrong datewheel so the date window is 1 mm to the left
Gmf has the date window like gen but the movement breaks easily
After cny clean factory should release this model with DD movement , let’s hope it will be good

Reactions: Yacht-Monster

Yacht-Monster

The entertainer previously known as Roughwatch
Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
C+f has a wrong datewheel so the date window is 1 mm to the left
Gmf has the date window like gen but the movement breaks easily
After cny clean factory should release this model with DD movement , let’s hope it will be good
Thanks. I thought the vr and sh were the same movement? Trusty has both watches listed as VR.

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Thanks. I thought the vr and sh were the same movement? Trusty has both watches listed as VR.
They are the same. But the SH/VR3285 comes in two versions: big date wheel (explorer 2) and small date wheel (gmt master 2).

Btw: this is also true for all 3235 movements: big datewheel (for 41mm DJs) and small datewheel (for subs and 36mm DJs).

cassapanca

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/12/16
They are the same. But the SH/VR3285 comes in two versions: big date wheel (explorer 2) and small date wheel (gmt master 2).

Btw: this is also true for all 3235 movements: big datewheel (for 41mm DJs) and small datewheel (for subs and 36mm DJs).
This 👍🏼

cassapanca

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/12/16
After cny clean factory will release the new Daytonas and the the exp II with dd movement. I’m waiting for this