• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New C+F Explorer 2

Winni

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
🇩🇪
Yes, yes, the winding crown

TBH I even like the looked more than on the gen 😅 it’s so slim and if you wear sub, gmt and Daytona you’re used to that bigger one… But I see the similarity with the crown to my Milgauss of course ….

FedeROLEX

Horology Curious
2/9/06
Italy
TBH I even like the looked more than on the gen 😅 it’s so slim and if you wear sub, gmt and Daytona you’re used to that bigger one… But I see the similarity with the crown to my Milgauss of course ….
My friend, if Explorer II crown is thin in the gen, I am looking for a thin winding crown in the rep. Why not???

Winni

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
🇩🇪
My friend, if Explorer II crown is thin in the gen, I am looking for a thin winding crown in the rep. Why not???

You did not get my point... I was just saying that i like the look of the bigger crown on the rep more then on the gen...! This type of crown is used also in my milgauss and the standard oyster models, but i don't think that it suits the explorer naturally... that's why i even like the bigger crown by the look on the GMF more!

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Has the reliability issues of VR3285 (https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/dogwoods-watchmaking-journey.10922197/post-11304856) been addressed in the C+ release?

I’ve seen enough reliability problems with the SH3285 that I’m waiting for a DD3285 version of the explorer 2 before I pull the trigger. Obviously I have a biased sample since people don’t send me watches that are working perfectly… well, actually they do (for service), but they also send me watches that aren’t working properly. And I’ve seen more issues with the SH3285 than with the DD3285. But it’s important to know that we’re talking single digit numbers here. I DO NOT have a sample size large enough to draw a conclusion with any statistical significance.

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
I’ve seen enough reliability problems with the SH3285 that I’m waiting for a DD3285 version of the explorer 2 before I pull the trigger. Obviously I have a biased sample since people don’t send me watches that are working perfectly… well, actually they do (for service), but they also send me watches that aren’t working properly. And I’ve seen more issues with the SH3285 than with the DD3285. But it’s important to know that we’re talking single digit numbers here. I DO NOT have a sample size large enough to draw a conclusion with any statistical significance.
Well yes but the sh version has been out a lot longer hasn't it?