• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW ARF DATE JUST 36

silentflight

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/6/13
Curious if there is a model without engravings or crystal withiut LEC and AR. Mid 2000’s?

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
White dial? Im not sure which one to get white or silver.

Is there a difference in white and silver compared to gen? Which is closer?

Silver dial sucks imo.. Rep is almost beige/yellowish. White/blue is the dial to go for if you don't plan on adding a gen dial.

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
Curious if there is a model without engravings or crystal withiut LEC and AR. Mid 2000’s?

There are models of the 6-digit DJ WITHOUT Rehaut engraving.
But LEC have all 6-digit DJ's
AR only have the newer one

LEC was introduced in 2003
Rehaut engraving came un 2007/2008

So the models until 2007 are period correct without rehaut engraving and crystal without AR but with LEC

Eugeneyu

Horology Curious
20/6/18
Silver dial sucks imo.. Rep is almost beige/yellowish. White/blue is the dial to go for if you don't plan on adding a gen dial.

I would disagree. If you do a simple google search, you’ll see the silver dial is not bad, gen has a touch of beige as well. But ar blue seems a bit off

Reactions: Nivka

GregH

Known Member
25/6/18
i understand that the black hole effect on the arf is not present, and with the DW and the Bluedial not perfect, are the only indicator of the rep nature.
While DW and Dial is a very common mod here, i don't understand what's needed to obtain the blackhole effect in the cyclope. The crystal maybe? Could a AR on the arf crystal and cyclope change the thing ?

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
I would disagree. If you do a simple google search, you’ll see the silver dial is not bad, gen has a touch of beige as well. But ar blue seems a bit off

Right is gen (obv)

mn3UB7m.jpg

Reactions: Nivka

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
It's a completely different colour not to mention the bold printing all around.

the massakretor

23/8/13
This is literally my favourite all time watch. Do you have any bad experience with the movement? I am a poor student and can't afford a 200/300$ repair. I can save and buy a 380$ watch, but I'd rather stay safe.

I am watching the Oyster Perpetual by BP that it's still good, with a more reliable movement and it's cheaper

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
This is literally my favourite all time watch. Do you have any bad experience with the movement? I am a poor student and can't afford a 200/300$ repair. I can save and buy a 380$ watch, but I'd rather stay safe.

I am watching the Oyster Perpetual by BP that it's still good, with a more reliable movement and it's cheaper

If it’s your all time favourite, you should buy it. The movement’s reliability has improved over the past year or two,but the reputation has lingered. If it dies you can service it for less than $200

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
wow, that’s really different. Thanks for the gen comparison

The light is really playing with that picture.

I've owned the rep and the gen dial, trust me the difference is negligible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eugeneyu

Horology Curious
20/6/18
The light is really playing with that picture.

I've owned the rep and the gen dial, trust me the difference is negligible.

ive recently bought this rep, and checked numerous gen pics online, seemed pretty close. But hey, I was shocked to see the difference in dial color. I do not have a gen dial to compare and am not planning to buy one.

Hopefully you are right about the light. Cause I still remember reading other posts on this 116234, most would say the white and silver dials are both very close to gen, only the blue is off.

The reason I chose silver is because the off-white yellowish kind of vintage warm feel, but if the color is way off, I would have just bought the white instead. Anyway, I’ll still enjoy this watch, and still gonna change to a noob date wheel and give it a service as well.

Reactions: stufuse

Presidential1

Horology Curious
27/5/18
I have noticed ARF now do a two tone DJ with a black dial does anyone have experience of this model in particular I have scrolled through this thread but cant see any pics?

happydappy1231

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/6/18
If they can fix the date font, that will bridge the gap for May potential buyers.