• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW ARF DATE JUST 36

Watchmaker38

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
12/4/20
The problem is the date wheel. It can't be a super rep because you need to change a part. But once changed, it's bloody good.

Mine cost:

Gen dial - $250
Dw - $100
Date jumper - $40
604 crown, tube, stem - $120
Incidentally, gen crown fits perfectly on rep tube
Crystal and gasket - $250

The autowind module isn't a must, it's a lovely addition but not essential.

Hands are really bloody good. Visible under a loupe if you know what you know what you're looking for but still superb.

My sh died very quickly. The winding bridge gearing and auto wind were bone dry. Barrel arbor fucked. Balance and impulse jewel set too high. On the other hand I bought an sh on its own to go in my yachtmaster Franken which previously had an sa3135 that died and it arrived from the factory absolutely fine. So these movements are very hit and miss and to be really do need an expert eye over them if you want any kind of longevity.

The bezel, btw, is rhodium plated. Who'd have thought it?! A real sign that ARF are into getting the aesthetics bang on.

Long term I guess it would be good to replace with a white gold aftermarket bezel, which WSO sell for around $300, and fits perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

how cLose to the gen dial is the wso one?? Same dimensions??

um52

Known Member
Certified
11/4/12
Just finished up on some additional work on my wife's franken ARF the she has had for a couple years now. Added a gen crystal, hands, and winding assembly to the already gen dial, dw, crown, and aftermarket diamond bezel. Also switched out the movement to a serviced VR3135.
ZqeiVW.jpg
ZqeakP.jpg

Last edited:

Watchmaker38

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
12/4/20
Just finished up on some additional work on my wife's franken ARF the she has had for a couple years now. Added a gen crystal, hands, and winding assembly to the already gen dial, dw, crown, and aftermarket diamond bezel. Also switched out the movement to a serviced VR3135.
ZqeiVW.jpg
ZqeakP.jpg

Nice! How’s the vr3135 performing?

Esavy

Renowned Member
31/5/12
This is gorgeous! Well done. The timing couldn’t be more perfect to see this as I am just about to dive into starting a 36mm Franken DJ for my lady as well. I think ARF will be the starting point too!