• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Aquanaut by ZF is comming.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Using Google translate its a great forum. Thanks for sharing :)

from which country are you browsing?

my IP is not allowed... I only can gain information via the titles of the threads but not from the content itself haha

maybe i have to use a proxy or VPN...

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
Vsf canceled the production for some reason, maybe after ZF release new movement maybe there’s nautilus ZF ,that what meant , in Chinese forums people asking about VSF no one interested in ZF, vsf waiting another makers to finish there products , I’m sure will see vsf PP after ZF fat boy out

Sent from the RWI App

lol it's funny how when someone said "it looks like v6f has abandoned the project" and it turns out everyone thinks the nautilus project is legitimately abandoned.
You have to understand that developing a clone movement is not an easy task, it doesn't just take days or months to produce, it may take years, especially when it is a PP movement that we are talking about.
Noob took years to develop and produce a daytona 4130 movement, so as the VSF PAM and the upcoming Omega movement.

Always remember, patience is really important :)

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
I don’t understand your post . War between makers ? but they do all the same product

I only think Zf should make a clone mvmt and put into a 5711 instead of doing all the same things using crappy movements like eta or miyota covered with a coca cola bottle top

If you could provide the clone mvmt for them, they would happy to do so!

Hakai

11/6/18
This.

Cloning a movement is complicated. And the attempt is to clone a movement which was released around 1976, and is still considered one of the finest most precise and smartest movements ever made good luck. They will get it done not noave them some.time! That's a crazy task.the whole watch industry tries to acomplish, taking a brilliant movement clone it, then change few parts and say it's your new in house ...

​​​​

Reactions: christo14

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
From the UK, no restrictions from here.

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
from which country are you browsing?

my IP is not allowed... I only can gain information via the titles of the threads but not from the content itself haha

maybe i have to use a proxy or VPN...

From the UK, no restrictions from here. A proxy should work if you're having trouble

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
This.

Cloning a movement is complicated. And the attempt is to clone a movement which was released around 1976, and is still considered one of the finest most precise and smartest movements ever made good luck. They will get it done not noave them some.time! That's a crazy task.the whole watch industry tries to acomplish, taking a brilliant movement clone it, then change few parts and say it's your new in house ...

​​

I don't think it is possible to clone the PP movement 1:1, as the finishing and polishing is too presise, the time taken to make each movement would make the reps more expensive than most would be willing to pay (I will be very impressed if I'm wrong). Even the new omega is not 1:1, it doesn't use the co-axial escapement (probably a good thing or it'd be near impossible to find a watchsmith to service it). I think obsession with thickness for 1:1 watches is perhaps going to start pricing most out of the game. Or maybe as with submariner's they will give buyers movement options when buying. I'd take a reliable movement that's 1mm thicker than gen over a more expensive clone that will explode in 3 months with no one to fix it anyday.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
I don't think it is possible to clone the PP movement 1:1, as the finishing and polishing is too presise, the time taken to make each movement would make the reps more expensive than most would be willing to pay (I will be very impressed if I'm wrong). Even the new omega is not 1:1, it doesn't use the co-axial escapement (probably a good thing or it'd be near impossible to find a watchsmith to service it). I think obsession with thickness for 1:1 watches is perhaps going to start pricing most out of the game. Or maybe as with submariner's they will give buyers movement options when buying. I'd take a reliable movement that's 1mm thicker than gen over a more expensive clone that will explode in 3 months with no one to fix it anyday.

With Subs asian ETA over clone doesn't change the feel and wearing experience (main difference is crown position), with Pateks it would, A LOT

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
With Subs asian ETA over clone doesn't change the feel and wearing experience (main difference is crown position), with Pateks it would, A LOT

Hmmm... Talk for yourself. You should see how the purists in the Rolex subforum bash the ETA clones saying it sets time the wrong way, and the crown position is lower in the case which apparently makes them really angry and disappointed. I couldn't care less, but each to their own.

On the Patek side, the Cal. 324 is 3.3mm thick, and the ETA 2892 is 3.6mm. It's worth noting that the 2892 is twice as expensive as a 2824/36 though. So there's why we don't have a gen thickness Patek or Audemars Piguet. If people buy 5711's with crooked markers and 9.5mm thick, for almost $500, why would you go and spend more on getting a slimmer movement? (unless you want to charge $800 in which case good luck with that).

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16

Well of course, Subs are 13mm think as opposed to the 8.3mm of say a nautilus.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Hmmm... Talk for yourself. You should see how the purists in the Rolex subforum bash the ETA clones saying it sets time the wrong way, and the crown position is lower in the case which apparently makes them really angry and disappointed. I couldn't care less, but each to their own.

On the Patek side, the Cal. 324 is 3.3mm thick, and the ETA 2892 is 3.6mm. It's worth noting that the 2892 is twice as expensive as a 2824/36 though. So there's why we don't have a gen thickness Patek or Audemars Piguet. If people buy 5711's with crooked markers and 9.5mm thick, for almost $500, why would you go and spend more on getting a slimmer movement? (unless you want to charge $800 in which case good luck with that).

And Miyota 9015 is 3.9mm, therefore why pay more for just a 0.3mm difference?

Reactions: Hinclimincli

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
If an ETA 2892 is used with a better date wheel, better dial and markers it could be a deal breaker. Anything but the current PF 5711. An improved version of the current PF 5711 with improved date wheel and hour marker placement would be okay for now, until an affordable 324 SC can be introduced.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
And Miyota 9015 is 3.9mm, therefore why pay more for just a 0.3mm difference?

Completely agree, but as far as I remember the ETA datewheel has semi-correct date size and font whereas the Miyota is plain wrong. Is it worth an extra $200? Well I don't think so...

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
This.

​​​​

Its not a crazy task because its not made from ''aliens'' still made by humans... Everything can be done, doing it with REP budget.. that makes it hard close impossible...

Hakai

11/6/18
christo14 we share the same.opinion. most important imho is the outside of the rep not the inside. Im happy with a reliable movement. Of course gen specs are desired but I don't need a 100% clone movement. In case of.the PP ist hard since the watch is so slim.

However, I could live with a mm more. That mm saves me 49.500$. If I want a 100% clone I would buy gen. Or switch the watch company and stick to the pelgaos rep hahah

Reactions: christo14