• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW AP DIver 15720 with quick release strap coming from IP Factory

Quafra

Horology Curious
3/12/21
You are right. Fonts on inner bezel seems the ones of the 15703/15710 models (nicer than the 15720's, imho, but different anyway)
An obvious tell if you own the gen, not so obvious if you don't.
Wear it in good health, mate!

Hublot1704

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/17
As this one gets very little attention here, I made some photos. It´s a solid rep with the know flaws, but very nice finishing and a very silent rotor ;-)

Damn these are some nice pics! What a beauty and i totally share your opinion on wearing and enjoying reps :) what is your experience with the quick release system and how does it feel?

Reactions: JayBee0815

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Damn these are some nice pics! What a beauty and i totally share your opinion on wearing and enjoying reps :) what is your experience with the quick release system and how does it feel?
Let me say it like this ... it works ;-)
As I have no spare strap, I have no really need for it. Yet ;-)
Hope there will be some straps for this system on the aftermarket soon.

Reactions: Hublot1704

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Nope. But I wont rule out, that people with another shape of the arm might get problems with this, if they wear the strap super tight.
P.S.: I tried to visualise this in a photo. Because of the downward protruding base plate, the "pushers" actually have only minimal direct contact with the arm, even with a tightly fitting band.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Nope. You can switch the "lever" but can´t move the buckle.

Thank you very kindly. In the gen the lever can be released and the buckle can slide out as you know.
I’m surprised that the rep makers bothered to make the quick release straps (a great initiative btw!) and the release lever but not complete the effort with a sliding quick release buckle.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
P.S.: I tried to visualise this in a photo. Because of the downward protruding base plate, the "pushers" actually have only minimal direct contact with the arm, even with a tightly fitting band.
There is virtually no risk of the straps dislodging on either the gen or rep as the lugs are angled outward and contact with the wrist like you said, is minimal. Also the pressure required to release the straps require active and deliberate pressure and the design protects the watch well against accidental release of the straps.
Thank you for your pics and details @JayBee0815

Reactions: Allure

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Thank you very kindly. In the gen the lever can be released and the buckle can slide out as you know.
I’m surprised that the rep makers bothered to make the quick release straps (a great initiative btw!) and the release lever but not complete the effort with a sliding quick release buckle.
I am surprised too, to be honest. The quick change system for the buckle is no rocket science and its absence limits you to Rep-Straps (probably from IPF itself ;-)) with an included buckle. Maybe my model has a fault. But I don´t want to use force. I will try it with a little help of WD40 later ;-)

It'smyheritage96

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/8/20
Had my JF AP for about 8 months and it's broken down thinking of selling for parts but not sure yet.
This looks like a worthy replacement though.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I am surprised too, to be honest. The quick change system for the buckle is no rocket science and its absence limits you to Rep-Straps (probably from IPF itself ;-)) with an included buckle. Maybe my model has a fault. But I don´t want to use force. I will try it with a little help of WD40 later ;-)
Yes try sliding it out if you think it can be done. It does not make any sense from the production point of view if they included a working lever and not allow the buckle to slide out. Thank you and all the best.

Reactions: Allure

Hublot1704

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/17

Thank you man for your detailed insights ! ;)

guybythelake

13/7/14
I have been hoping for a good rep of 15720 but this is not it. It looks too low quality for me and not a 400 - 500 dollar rep. I don't know if it is the super flat hands, low qualify dial or overall lack of dept and finish... not to mention the color seems way off. I am sorry to sound negative but it is one of those situations where your heart says maybe but your brain screaming Noooo!

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
I have been hoping for a good rep of 15720 but this is not it. It looks too low quality for me and not a 400 - 500 dollar rep. I don't know if it is the super flat hands, low qualify dial or overall lack of dept and finish... not to mention the color seems way off. I am sorry to sound negative but it is one of those situations where your heart says maybe but your brain screaming Noooo!
You can´t judge the colour by some photos made under non professional light conditions ;-)

Reactions: Tompa

mew

18/12/15
Germany
What is the comfort lvl of the strap and clasp? I had the carbon XF offshore before which I loved in terms of weight, but the clasp was super sharp and dug into the wrist.

Does this one have sharp edges on the clasp? Is it generally a comfortable watch? Also any chance to get a weighting on it, I would highly appreciate it ! :)

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
@JayBee0815 thank you very much indeed, I was looking forward to details on these.
Do I gather correctly, that all it takes to “implant” the quick-release on older ROO’s is buying the IPF rep or the strap (if, or rather when they offer, like you suggested) and fitting it on an older head?

Im also quite interested in the buckle release, as @legend pointed out, it makes 0 sense to go to the trouble of setting up the manufacturing process for moving lever without the ”slide-out” step. On your photo it looks theres some tang on the axis, does that prevent it from pulling out?

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
@JayBee0815 thank you very much indeed, I was looking forward to details on these.
Do I gather correctly, that all it takes to “implant” the quick-release on older ROO’s is buying the IPF rep or the strap (if, or rather when they offer, like you suggested) and fitting it on an older head?

Im also quite interested in the buckle release, as @legend pointed out, it makes 0 sense to go to the trouble of setting up the manufacturing process for moving lever without the ”slide-out” step. On your photo it looks theres some tang on the axis, does that prevent it from pulling out?
I am on a trip and will be back home next week, then I will try to check ;-)

Reactions: Procurator

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Actually the tang is an integrated part of the buckle, everything slides out together.