• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW AP DIver 15720 with quick release strap coming from IP Factory

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
25/3/06
London
So, AP experts what are your thoughts on the below news this week from IP factory?

Iffy translation below:

As the latest release of the Royal Oak series, 15720 continues the excellent characteristics of the family, adding the most convenient and most difficult to reproduce the one-button quick release strap and quick release buckle. The IP factory does not hesitate to open the mould many times to achieve the same quick disassembly effect, whether it is disassembled or a key installation of the strap to achieve a common effect with the original exchange.

1: The head part of the case link strap is also the most difficult part, not hesitate to destroy the original head to spy on the internal structure to reproduce the same structure, to achieve a key removal, a top installation without dragging the water effect.

2: The buckle is also the first quick-release buckle introduced by Audemars Piguet, which makes it easier for you to replace the strap and replace the long buckle to meet your different needs. The IP factory is also the original effect of opening the mould several times to achieve the buckle disassembly and load.

3: The case is made of stainless steel, with an anti-glare stone crystal glass mirror and bottom, black ceramic screw-in crown, and all data materials are scanned with genuine.

4: The movement adopts the new Calibre 4308 automatic winding movement of 9015, big heart, long power, stable travel time, and no after-sales worries.

5: exclusive strongest movement plywood grinding, more three-dimensional. New special adjustment two piece colour, original on the mark.

6: The most humanized activity head grain buffer to ensure that it matches the genuine product, which is also the IP factory spent a lot of thought to achieve the activity buffer effect on the basis of quick demolition.

7: The dial is engraved with "Méga Tapisserie" oversized plaid decoration, with fluorescent stereoscopic time scale and royal oak hands, black rotating inner bezel with beige 0 to 15-minute area

8: the use of imported luminous fill, the most durable luminous and the most uniform internal scale

9: original consistent multiple magnifying glass calendar window, super permeability

10: The strap uses the latest original tape to open the mould of an imported rubber band, regardless of grain or quality all match the genuine, more advanced texture.

11: IP factory is equipped with the same integrated transparent protective shell as the original so that the watch can be protected when idle. This is also impossible for other manufacturers.

Function when accurate and stable, the appearance of the original data scanning!
The pixel level of reproduction, it is worth playing again and again!

Original

raspan1123

Patron
Certified
1/2/17
im so excited about the 15720 but unfortunately another bummer… Tachy font is wrong… check 5 and 2 :/
the wait continues

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
hopefully this is real I would love to try one out
I’m assuming the clone will not work with this model

OffshoreNL

20/2/21
Dubai
Isn't the crown wrong too? Normally the AP logo should be on ____ ( flat ) surface not the triangle shaped one. Unless thats outdated knowledge

zQe0e4.png

Reactions: g00n

Pix

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Facrory ? Come on :rolleyes:
Otherwise, very tempting...
Just wonder who will report the first AP dropped due to the quickrelease system :ROFLMAO:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Guys, as with all reps, give the factories a chance to produce a decent release.
The basic 15703 diver took more than 10 iterations to get it correct. Look at the positive side and see that they are trying to progress making new reps.
Yes none of them will be perfect and a lot of them remains flawed even for matured release. It is effortless to bash any new release, but just don't buy it if it does not meet your standards. Give it time and this may become a decent version too. The flawless and perfect gen is always waiting for those who are willing to pay the price. :LOL:

raspan1123

Patron
Certified
1/2/17
Guys, as with all reps, give the factories a chance to produce a decent release.
The basic 15703 diver took more than 10 iterations to get it correct. Look at the positive side and see that they are trying to progress making new reps.
Yes none of them will be perfect and a lot of them remains flawed even for matured release. It is effortless to bash any new release, but just don't buy it if it does not meet your standards. Give it time and this may become a decent version too. The flawless and perfect gen is always waiting for those who are willing to pay the price. :LOL:
can’t agree more. If the tachy font wasn’t totally recycled from the previous model I would give it a try. For me that’s too big of a deviation but everybody has a different threshold when it comes to what’s acceptable or not.

We’ve yet seen a ZF or JF attempt of this one and i sure do hope it’s in the making. Time will tell.

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
can’t agree more. If the tachy font wasn’t totally recycled from the previous model I would give it a try. For me that’s too big of a deviation but everybody has a different threshold when it comes to what’s acceptable or not.

We’ve yet seen a ZF or JF attempt of this one and i sure do hope it’s in the making. Time will tell.
Yes, you are absolutely correct in saying that there are things we can accept and things we cannot stand. This is very subjective and personal. This is basically all that matters at the end of the day. You get guys like @C Master and @Shylock Eins rocking their stock reps like gods and you get guys with frankens who are fussed over the small details. And of course you get the mass of guys in the middle.

I get it if the dive bezel (a tachymeter is used to measure speed and used for chronograph models) font is a turn off for anyone. I really do. The miyota movement is a turn off for me personally.
My point was that it is plain silly to see guys start whining about new models each time they are released. Of course there will be flaws, and as always, there will be versions 1 to N. This is just part of the game. There is a difference between recognizing this and commenting constructively as opposed to saying that the new release is "crap" or "shitty" which is subjective and helps nobody. When I think a rep does not match my standards, I will go get the gen, and I have done so countless times, period. It is either this, or be patient and wait for the rep to go through its usual evolution and take the plunge when it becomes acceptable.

Reps being reps, they will never be perfect. The key to enjoying this hobby is just what you implied: know what you can settle for and what you can't.

blackmark

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/2/20
great first iteration, will probably wait for the V2/3. like progress and more factories joining. is same as me not buying the JF 15400 V1 but waiting for a better tappisserie.

Reactions: Meicmo84 and legend

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Nice one @JayBee0815
What are the common known flaws of this model?
To be honest ... i see only the flaw with the wrong font on the inner dive bezel ;-)
But I don´t care. I had some "SuperReps" with rotors loud as hell and movements, that feel like someone poured sand in it. This one is silent and the movement feels soft while winding. Some members here get a heart attack when they see some minor flaws, you can only spot on macro photos. That´s not my approach to reps ;-)

p.s.: On the photos the bezel looks not good aligned. That´s my fault. I tested the functionality of the inner bezel and didn´t set it correct afterwards ;-)

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
The diver has
To be honest ... i see only the flaw with the wrong font on the inner dive bezel ;-)
But I don´t care. I had some "SuperReps" with rotors loud as hell and movements, that feel like someone poured sand in it. This one is silent and the movement feels soft while winding. Some members here get a heart attack when they see some minor flaws, you can only spot on macro photos. That´s not my approach to reps ;-)

p.s.: On the photos the bezel looks not good aligned. That´s my fault. I tested the functionality of the inner bezel and didn´t set it correct afterwards ;-)
That’s the perfect attitude toward reps IMHO. They aren’t gens and shouldn’t be worn with the pretense that they are. The watch should be enjoyed, flaws and all if one chooses to wear reps.
For the 15720 divers they are well made, period. Yes wrong movement and some details off here and there but looking at it I’m sure it exudes a nice presence on the wrist when worn. Wearing reps is about confidence and not accuracy of details, for something will always be off one place or another.