• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New AP 43MM releases

aksingh

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/10
Looks real good, was going to take a couple of months off reps to buy some nice fragrances but might have to pull trigger on this now. I take it build quality is similar to other ROOs?

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Looks real good, was going to take a couple of months off reps to buy some nice fragrances but might have to pull trigger on this now. I take it build quality is similar to other ROOs?
solid build quality, the rotor is not loud at all ... but I am no movement expert and can says anything about the "interior quality" ;-)

aksingh

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/10
solid build quality, the rotor is not loud at all ... but I am no movement expert and can says anything about the "interior quality" ;-)
Cheers and I take it the strap is decent, doesn't let the watch down?

fletch512

9/5/06
Beautiful rep, but how important do you think the sub dial spacing is on this model? In the gen, the 3 and 9 o'clock sub dials are slightly higher than the middle of the watch (closer to the 2 o'clock and 10 o'clock markers). The rep of this model has the sub dials perfectly centered at the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock markers. I know that was a big issue with the original daytona reps that used 7750 movements.

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Beautiful rep, but how important do you think the sub dial spacing is on this model? In the gen, the 3 and 9 o'clock sub dials are slightly higher than the middle of the watch (closer to the 2 o'clock and 10 o'clock markers). The rep of this model has the sub dials perfectly centered at the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock markers. I know that was a big issue with the original daytona reps that used 7750 movements.
Honest? I don´t care ;-)
It´s a 500 Euro Rep of a 45k Watch and this is one of the first versions ... of course there are some flaws.

Last edited:

aksingh

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/10
I think the gen looks clumsy and out of balance, much better to have them perfectly centred so prefer the rep here, my gen 44 and ROC has perfectly centred subdials as for me thats how it should be.

sunnydale

Respected Member
29/8/09
Thank you for the pictures, highly appreciated! The watches look just stunning.

Daytona22

22/6/23
South Germany
Schöne Wiederholung, aber wie wichtig ist Ihre Meinung nach dem Abstand der Hilfszifferblätter bei diesem Modell? In der Generation sind die Hilfszifferblätter bei 3 und 9 Uhr etwas höher als die Mitte der Uhr (näher an den Markierungen bei 2 Uhr und 10 Uhr). Bei der Wiederholung dieses Modells sind die Hilfszifferblätter perfekt auf die Markierungen bei 3 Uhr und 9 Uhr zentriert. Ich weiß, dass das bei den ursprünglichen Wiederholungen der Daytona, bei denen 7750-Uhrwerke verwendet wurden, ein großes Problem war.

No one can see it on the hand, but it's true

VenomGT3

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
29/4/22
USA
This watch is pure ass. My damn pusher fell off as I was unpackaging it and now I’ve got to glue it back on. Next is the shit winding feel and super wobbly crown when setting the time. Total turn off for a watch of this high a price. Probably my biggest regret in recent memory, I don’t know if I’d pay even $350 for it.
I had super high hopes and waited a long time to finally get my hands on one.

• Sad
Reactions: Daytona22

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
This watch is pure ass. My damn pusher fell off as I was unpackaging it and now I’ve got to glue it back on. Next is the shit winding feel and super wobbly crown when setting the time. Total turn off for a watch of this high a price. Probably my biggest regret in recent memory, I don’t know if I’d pay even $350 for it.
I had super high hopes and waited a long time to finally get my hands on one.
Damn! I hope you can fix and live with it. All the best.

VenomGT3

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
29/4/22
USA
Damn! I hope you can fix and live with it. All the best.
Thanks. I just glued it back on so hopefully it works and I didn’t apply too much to the point where it seeps into the pusher mechanism and blocks it.
Winding and setting the time is still bad though. But from what I’ve heard they’re all like this.
I can’t wait for the clone chrono movement to come out…

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Thanks. I just glued it back on so hopefully it works and I didn’t apply too much to the point where it seeps into the pusher mechanism and blocks it.
Winding and setting the time is still bad though. But from what I’ve heard they’re all like this.
I can’t wait for the clone chrono movement to come out…
What a bummer, that's a real shame of course. But I can at least confirm that this is not a general problem. At least my two 43mm APPs can be wound without any problems and the date and time setting is also completely normal. The crown grips firmly and does not wobble. The only point is that the Chinese have - as is so often the case - saved on oil.

Artyfowl

You a college guy or something….?
Supporter
Patron
Certified
3/5/24
UK - London
From what I've heard, APF and APP both got raided 1-2 weeks ago.... so right now Offshore chrono models are a no go from the two best factories for them...

Just got my QC for a JJF offshore chrono last night. Been waiting about a month

Reactions: Reaps

VenomGT3

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
29/4/22
USA
Darn. I must’ve used too much glue and it seeped out to the point where I can’t press the pusher to activate the chrono. Oh well, it’s not like I was going to use the chrono function anyway

Reactions: Daytona22

aksingh

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/10
Darn. I must’ve used too much glue and it seeped out to the point where I can’t press the pusher to activate the chrono. Oh well, it’s not like I was going to use the chrono function anyway

It still looks great and as these are reps that is all I am really looking for, if I'm wearing mine around the house I don't even bother setting the time half the time, that's what gen's crowns and pushers are for. :)