• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Affordable Speedmaster Alternative from Omega x Swatch (pics inside) "MoonSwatch"

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Everything looked great until i realized that what I assumed was a steel case on the moon-model was plastic/bioceramic (my own fault). Nothing wrong about the price or idea but that wouldn't get any wrist time for me, gen or not.

I'd rather see they double the price and give it a real SS case.

Last edited:

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Everything looked great until i realized that what I assumed was a steel case on the moon-model was plastic/bioceramic (my own fault). Nothing wrong about the price or idea but that wouldn't get any wrist time for me, gen or not.

I'd rather see they double the price and give it a real SS case.

yeah but then it wouldnt be a swatch , they are known for their plastic watches

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09

They have them on display already and they are absolutely amazing. What Noob, OMF, VSF, and any factory didn’t manage to do has been done by no less than Swatch (and Omega itself!).

They won’t allow more than two per person and not the same model, or that’s what the saleswoman told me.

Exciting times, fellas!

Ferax

Supporter
Certified
17/12/17
Yes, these watches are great. However, the fact that you have to line up in the morning and wait there for hours to be able to buy them is embarrassing for me. If they are not limited they should be available online and in every swatch store.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Yes, these watches are great. However, the fact that you have to line up in the morning and wait there for hours to be able to buy them is embarrassing for me. If they are not limited they should be available online and in every swatch store.

And then you would have zero chances to get one as all the bots would buy them massively. Look at what happens with the PS5.

Only if you buy it in person and 2 maximum is a decent solution. And remember this is just for now, as Swatch has already admitted it will be available online later this year.

Ferax

Supporter
Certified
17/12/17
Ok, ok. No problem, I can buy it in person. But in my country there is only ONE swatch AD that will be selling these watches. This is madness. I am not in a hurry, I can wait until they will be available online.
There would be no problem if I could buy this watch at any swatch AD.

Reactions: Hinclimincli

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Ok, ok. No problem, I can buy it in person. But in my country there is only ONE swatch AD that will be selling these watches. This is madness. I am not in a hurry, I can wait until they will be available online.
There would be no problem if I could buy this watch at any swatch AD.

I’m pretty sure everyone that wants one will get one before summer. That’s probably less than the waiting times for some reps with the current situation, lol.

Reactions: keisuke_z

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Really nice. Mars and Uranus are strong candidates, let's see when I have time to visit a Swatch store.

Reactions: mari115

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
Omega watch (albeit collab with swatch) with a price cheaper than rep?! Finally a gen factory outrepped the rep factories in terms of pricing. Brilliant!

Right right amen to this, their SNOBBERY (the rep factories and rep project managers) costs them, just cause "The Speedmaster is not in demand inside the Chinese Domestic market" brilliant and amazing feasibility studies and due diligence from their part. I am lining up for this and scalping it here in Dubai.

Kiss my gen speedy x swatch greedy Rep watch makers and sellers!

Reactions: Hinclimincli

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Right right amen to this, their SNOBBERY (the rep factories and rep project managers) costs them, just cause "The Speedmaster is not in demand inside the Chinese Domestic market" brilliant and amazing feasibility studies and due diligence from their part. I am lining up for this and scalping it here in Dubai.

Kiss my gen speedy x swatch greedy Rep watch makers and sellers!

HahaHa, PREACH!

I completely agree. Swatch will sell these like hotcakes at €250 each and the cost is probably peanuts.

Although something tells me our Chinese friends will start selling these soon at way less than €250

(think about it, repping the MoonSwatch is probably the easiest thing ever)

Robsen

The Local Hero ⚫️⚪️⚫️⚪️⚫️⚪️
Supporter
Certified
8/2/17
Geordieland
Swatch in U.K. has confirmed there are 40 of each planet in each of its stores, 3 in London and 1 Scotland. 11 planets. So if in a queue bigger than 220 people there’s not much point in waiting hours to be told they have gone

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Swatch in U.K. has confirmed there are 40 of each planet in each of its stores, 3 in London and 1 Scotland. 11 planets. So if in a queue bigger than 220 people there’s not much point in waiting hours to be told they have gone

Fuck that im out. Was going to que, no chance now. Ill wait until its online.

Robsen

Supporter
Certified
8/2/17
Geordieland
Read stuff online that resellers have ‘street teams’ they are paying people 50£ to stand out in queue from early hours, pathetic!

Reactions: k4jun

Robsen

Supporter
Certified
8/2/17
Geordieland
Read stuff online that resellers have ‘street teams’ they are paying people 50£ to stand out in queue from early hours, pathetic!

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09

The staff I talked to this morning said they have way more stock of the Mission to the Moon than all the others. I'll still take my chances tomorrow when they open (definitely not queueing before that!), and if there are none available I'll buy it online in a month or two.

Robsen

Supporter
Certified
8/2/17
Geordieland
Where you headed? Edinburgh for me