• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 5711 Nautilus Modder/Factory - BUFF?

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
What exactly is the “anniversary” date wheel? That also from buff?

also I’ve gone through the thread, don’t see any buff green dial pics as such

jt0uF5.jpg

Buff Dial

jnQw23.jpg

3KF dial

jYbq2s.jpg

Anniversary font date disc

Reactions: Kmmas

Burbizia

29/8/20
Buff dial / hands and DW are just for 3KF movement if I understood correctly?
But the best case is the PF due to thinner bezel.

Is it possible to reshape the bezel of the 3KF to make it closer?

Thanks and regards

Alberto

Ac1013

Renowned Member
Certified
23/3/13
y don’t u feel comfortable pulling it off if it’s the closest to gen? Also don’t see any buff green dial pics around here.... if I’m looking at the wrong thread, can u be kind enough to point me out to the right thread. Thanks

I dont think many of us will feel comfortable pulling off an over half million dollar watch. I think most of us can afford a gen blue , maybe also gen green. But as you know mostly very special people only in the world got the gen green by patek. so even you have the money to pull off that watch , you might not have the position to. Just like the tiffany blue.
sometime its bot just how close to gen is the rep. Its also if you could carry the watch.

Reactions: Kmmas

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia

Thanks and regards

Alberto

You can’t use the ppf case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA

Thanks and regards

Alberto

Well yes, the best base to go with, is the 3KF

Kmmas

7/4/15
thank you for the info. I didn’t know the green dial was so rare. Tiffany I know but the green I thought was more or less similar the blue in terms of availability and scarcity

I dont think many of us will feel comfortable pulling off an over half million dollar watch. I think most of us can afford a gen blue , maybe also gen green. But as you know mostly very special people only in the world got the gen green by patek. so even you have the money to pull off that watch , you might not have the position to. Just like the tiffany blue.
sometime its bot just how close to gen is the rep. Its also if you could carry the watch.

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20
How much is the buff dial, and what do the set of hands and dial go for? Anybody got a clue?

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE

Don't get me wrong, Your watch is very nice and would certainly pass for gen in many situation. You manage to reach a nice level of finish, your dial and matching hands are very nice (better than genuine somehow), nevertheless I still believe the 3KF case is wrong on the crown guard side, unfortunately from your pictures I have the feeling your watch is no exception to that. For this reason, but it is certainly a question of approach, I prefer the PF as a good base of work.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Don't get me wrong, Your watch is very nice and would certainly pass for gen in many situation. You manage to reach a nice level of finish, your dial and matching hands are very nice (better than genuine somehow), nevertheless I still believe the 3KF case is wrong on the crown guard side, unfortunately from your pictures I have the feeling your watch is no exception to that. For this reason, but it is certainly a question of approach, I prefer the PF as a good base of work.

The gen has slight variations on the size of the crown guard cut out, and this one is within that variation.

The PF bezel is pretty much wrong from very angle. (But there was a time it was the best out the box)

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
that is true ... the PF also requires some work to look right ...

PF has the satin part of the bezel of the correct size but has the external shiny part of the bezel too small in size compared to the gen. Increasing the portion of the shiny part would reduce the satin part too much. So the PF bezel is not editable.

Reactions: 2841

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
Nope, the satin part of the bezel may also vary on genuine watches according to generation ...
jJmg5s.png
jJmVb3.png

Last edited:

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
There were several variation in the gen specimen as well so shape is not that important....

My personal opinion.
The nautilus is a nice watch, but if i compare it with my Rolex (vintage) or Ap (jumbo as well), the result achieved by Patek is mainly due to finish and not by design (a bit too rounded shape imo).
As a consequence the watch is much less exciting on the wrist once used than a nicely used or abused Rolex or Ap which keeps it design and personality.
In short, if you get a nice metal brush/polish by a professional you'll get all the excitement of wearing a nice Patek with the touch and feel of a gen, when it get worn give it to the next generation :) ....

Hence the difference between gen and rep nautilus...In both case you'll give it to the next generation, but the rep worth nothing while by selling the gen your son/daughter can get a nice flat .... LOL

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
There were several variation in the gen specimen as well so shape is not that important....

My personal opinion.
The nautilus is a nice watch, but if i compare it with my Rolex (vintage) or Ap (jumbo as well), the result achieved by Patek is mainly due to finish and not by design (a bit too rounded shape imo).
As a consequence the watch is much less exciting on the wrist once used than a nicely used or abused Rolex or Ap which keeps it design and personality.
In short, if you get a nice metal brush/polish by a professional you'll get all the excitement of wearing a nice Patek with the touch and feel of a gen, when it get worn give it to the next generation :) ....

Hence the difference between gen and rep nautilus...In both case you'll give it to the next generation, but the rep worth nothing while by selling the gen your son/daughter can get a nice flat .... LOL

To each their own. I think Genta's Nautilus design is classic, well recognizable and eternal. These watches thanks to their case and bracelet size / contruction perfectly fit even thin wrists like mine or ladies'. Regarding the bezel/bevel ratio I like PF's better than even a reshaped 3KF V2's. And this preference of mine is independent from how gen cases look like. Also, I will proudly and happily transmit my Nautilus reps to my son for wearing (not selling) purposes provided they will still be in operation.

Reactions: Erinoush and gilrob