• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need advices for a vintage Tudor build

kalys

Horology Curious
22/10/23
Hi everyone, this is my first post here :giggle:.

First of all, it's good to mention that I'm not a watch expert nor a rep game connaisseur. I might say some dumb/incorrect things.

Sooo I am willing to launch myself into a vintage Tudor build (Probably a 94110). I did some research and came across bivintage, raffles and yuki but I still have some interrogations about the whole process.

My plan was to order bivintage dial, hands, case, toss an ETA 2824-2 in it and wear it for some time.
I would like to know if there's a lot of work to do on the case as I need to buy some tools too. From what I've seen the crown guard seems a bit inaccurate.
Also I've seen a lot of people upgrading to an Athaya crown and tube, would I need to re-thread the case if I do so ?

One other thing to mention is that it will be my first ever build so don't hesitate to tell me if I'm driving straight into a wall :LOL:.

Thanks !

kalys

Horology Curious
22/10/23
Thanks for the quick reply, I will definitely be checking out those threads !

Reactions: Karbon74

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
looks like you're on the right track! bivintage build is pretty accurate :) not sure about the tube sorry! but this sounds like a sick build... my buddy did the same ( using a diff ref tudor - no athaya crown/tube) but i do recommend a viet insert as bivintage is pretty weak!

HVag42.jpeg

Last edited:

kalys

Horology Curious
22/10/23
looks like you're on the right track! bivintage build is pretty accurate :) not sure about the tube sorry! but this sounds like a sick build... my buddy did the same ( using a diff ref tudor - no athaya crown/tube) but i do recommend a viet insert as bivintage is pretty weak!

HVag42.jpeg
Wow that's a sick build ! It's about close to what I would like to achieve for now.

Wdym when you say the insert is weak, is it prepone to fall off randomly ?

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
may i also recommend a tigerconcepts hands as well, i think they have the edge over raffles

HVi3Ss.jpeg

kalys

Horology Curious
22/10/23
may i also recommend a tigerconcepts hands as well, i think they have the edge over raffles

HVi3Ss.jpeg
Thx for the tip, I will look it up

nahh weak as in not that close to gen :)
Oooh okay, honestly it is kinda hard to spot the diffs on pictures ( at least for me ) so it's good to know.

By any chance do you know what's the bracelet on your mate's build ?

Singapore9

Renowned Member
Patron
9/8/10
Another vote for Bivintage (case, dial, insert, pip) for a budget build and then look to upgrade over time, when you learn more!

Reactions: kalys

kalys

Horology Curious
22/10/23
Thanks guys !

I'm getting into it once I find a decent 2824-2 for a good price.

alligoat

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
17/3/06
This Trusty Time watch could be a 9411/0 maybe
These are decent watches and with a few mods can look really good- for not too much money.
I did a 79090 rep a few years ago and was very happy with the results.

I have my little process on these cartel reps- drill the lugholes to gen spec size, remove the crown and tube, trim the crown guards and install a new 7030 tube and a 703 Rolex crown. I like the bezel insert on this rep and was happy to see that the lume glows well into the night.
For less than $400 I have a nice rep that passes the WR test and looks good.
The nice thing about Tudor reps is that no one knows anything about them other than a few WIS.

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
I recently built a Tudor sub 79090 for a member here on the forums.

bivintage case
phong dial
He originally went with a yuki but it was night and day difference in quality and appearance so bought the Vietnam dial

Hu5kQk.jpeg

my only criticism of the bivintage case was the case back. It was not gen in appearance.

Hu5Bn2.jpeg

other than that the case was quality

cacti

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
27/10/23

HVag42.jpeg

What dial is this?

dax007

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/4/23
Usa
I had BIvintage build me a 79090.(actually selling it over on repgeek).
Over all I was happy!! However I always prefer a ETA movement over the 2824 clone or whatever they used...

I had to have the PIP CHANGED now it looks great!! I have read people are not happy with the BEZEL movement .. It was to tight on mine so I removed the friction washer and it moves not to loose but not to firm either.. I thought about upgrading the BEZEL but honestly I cant see a big difference since I changed the PIP which makes it look real nice... Reason I am selling I bought a 9411 with GEN MOVEMENT from a RWI memeber.. Wish I can keep everything but cant..;o).. To much money in watches laying around..lol

cacti

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
27/10/23
I had BIvintage build me a 79090.(actually selling it over on repgeek).
Over all I was happy!! However I always prefer a ETA movement over the 2824 clone or whatever they used...

I had to have the PIP CHANGED now it looks great!! I have read people are not happy with the BEZEL movement .. It was to tight on mine so I removed the friction washer and it moves not to loose but not to firm either.. I thought about upgrading the BEZEL but honestly I cant see a big difference since I changed the PIP which makes it look real nice... Reason I am selling I bought a 9411 with GEN MOVEMENT from a RWI memeber.. Wish I can keep everything but cant..;o).. To much money in watches laying around..lol
any chance you have a photo?