• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nautilus date wheel project

guessit

Known Member
17/11/19
That is not a good business practice. I hope we get our refunds without any problems. I'm already out of around $140.00 including modders fees, shipping to and from the modder and the DWO itself.

Fortunately I used PayPal, I already opened a complaint.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Fortunately I used PayPal, I already opened a complaint.

That's not very nice, you could have given them the chance to refund you the proper way ... be aware that doing that with any TD here will result in an instant ban from all rep forums ...

guessit

Known Member
17/11/19
That's not very nice, you could have given them the chance to refund you the proper way ... be aware that doing that with any TD here will result in an instant ban from all rep forums ...

Seller is not a TD and anyway he took my 108$ and never shipped nothing, neither he answered me when I wrote him an email asking what happened. I think the instant ban should happen for those who sell things and don't send them, not for those who want their money back. What do you think about it?

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Seller is not a TD and anyway he took my 108$ and never shipped nothing, neither he answered me when I wrote him an email asking what happened. I think the instant ban should happen for those who sell things and don't send them, not for those who want their money back. What do you think about it?

If i can chime in you should slow down your attitude towards respected members of the forum who did more for the community and got a bigger reputation than you are ever going to have with this kind of mind set - i understand your point of frustration but in this regard those claims should be fired with care.

guessit

Known Member
17/11/19
If i can chime in you should slow down your attitude towards respected members of the forum who did more for the community and got a bigger reputation than you are ever going to have with this kind of mind set - i understand your point of frustration but in this regard those claims should be fired with care.

I understand and I agree with you until it is clear the circumstance that I paid and never received any response from the seller. In a normal community, like this forum, it would be necessary to ask the seller for explanations, instead of attributing blame to a buyer simply for asking for his money back. If despite this I will be found guilty of something, and consequently I will be banned, I will take note of it.

Last edited:

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
I understand and I agree with you until it is clear the circumstance that I paid and never received any response from the seller. In a normal community, like this forum, it would be necessary to ask the seller for explanations, instead of attributing blame to a buyer simply for asking for his money back. If despite this I will be found guilty of something, and consequently I will be banned, I will take note of it.

You just joined, didn’t do any research found a product that many among us spent time and research to make it happen and accused a well established person for stealing you100$.

You would be the first one to pay and not receive the dw from @spongebob

And I highly doubt that....

guessit

Known Member
17/11/19
You just joined, didn’t do any research found a product that many among us spent time and research to make it happen and accused a well established person for stealing you100$.

You would be the first one to pay and not receive the dw from @spongebob

And I highly doubt that....

I do not accuse no one, and you know it. I just said that I payed a product that has never been sent without receiving any explanation from the seller. Do you think I can claim my money back? Or should I give them away just because the seller is contributing to the forum with his work (merits I don't naturally deny)?

I don't think I have less rights or I can't ask for a refund just because I just joined the forum. What do you think about it?

Last edited:

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17

Well, now that you repeated what I've said previously (never claimed he was a TD, re-read the post).

What part of "you could" have you confused with "you have" ?

You can do what you want, it's indeed not a TD, but still, we try to be nice to each other here, and waiting a bit more would have gotten you way further than doing a dispute.

You won't be banned for that, I never said that, I said that this attitude show that you are quick to use the dispute button, which is a worrisome attitude, and I preferred to warn you that this would not fly with a TD

guessit

Known Member
17/11/19
Well, now that you repeated what I've said previously (never claimed he was a TD, re-read the post).

What part of "you could" have you confused with "you have" ?

You can do what you want, it's indeed not a TD, but still, we try to be nice to each other here, and waiting a bit more would have gotten you way further than doing a dispute.

You won't be banned for that, I never said that, I said that this attitude show that you are quick to use the dispute button, which is a worrisome attitude, and I preferred to warn you that this would not fly with a TD

I understand your point of view, but I have no choice if seller doesn’t not answer after 11 days after payment. I have no attitude to nothing, my only attitude is fair play. If you prefer, I retire dispute and I’ll patiently wait for an answer from the seller here, in this discussion. No problem, I’ll be happy to solve the problem.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I understand your point of view, but I have no choice if seller doesn’t not answer after 11 days after payment. I have no attitude to nothing, my only attitude is fair play. If you prefer, I retire dispute and I’ll patiently wait for an answer from the seller here, in this discussion. No problem, I’ll be happy to solve the problem.

You do as you want, I told you, it's just bad form, 11 days for someone working on this without being it full time, is nothing.

I don't say that it's normal to have zero communication, you should have had some sort of exchange that's for sure and it's not your fault there, but it's not that long.

guessit

Known Member
17/11/19
You do as you want, I told you, it's just bad form, 11 days for someone working on this without being it full time, is nothing.

I don't say that it's normal to have zero communication, you should have had some sort of exchange that's for sure and it's not your fault there, but it's not that long.

Ok, I've never had any news or communication for 10 days, but seeing that the seller never intervenes even in this discussion, I thought he simply disappeared. I will wait patiently for him to show up, there is no problem. Thanks for the help.

Reactions: stanevo6

guessit

Known Member
17/11/19
the issue here is the lack of patience - you just confessed what Glaude was speaking about (hypothetically) with this statement.

It is certainly so, my mistake. I thought it took less time to send and receive messages from China. Obviously I was wrong :)

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom

I wouldn't close the dispute because you can only do it once... your on your own. That said, I wouldn't have raised a dispute myself yet. Spongebob is a good guy and I'm sure there must be a reason, real life does happen and get in the way. So yeah I think you were a bit quick to jump into that dispute. You should have given him more time to respond... and that is partly due to how new you are here. But now that it's open... unfortunately I think you need to leave it open.

It is certainly so, my mistake. I thought it took less time to send and receive messages from China. Obviously I was wrong :)

But these responses... now you're being a dick. Quit whilst you're ahead.

Last edited:

guessit

Known Member
17/11/19
But these responses... now you're being a dick. Quit whilst you're ahead.

I think the messages that have been written about me are more inappropriate, it was just an ironic way of responding to an equally ironic message. It is not difficult to understand.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
the issue here is the lack of patience - you just confessed what Glaude was speaking about (hypothetically) with this statement.

Yes, lets talk about patience for a bit. If you go back to page 1 of this thread, you'll find that I was interested in the project at the start and that was a long time ago. I was even interested in a DWO for the Nautilus before that in some other threads, notably by some other member but his plan never materialized. Remember that one? The guy was full of hot air, as you and Kelog74 agreed.

Flash forward to the not so distant past, the MKF portion of the Nautilus DWO project is doubtful because of technical problems. A bit of a let down after months of waiting, but its not the end of the world. Then all of a sudden to my surprise, the MKF DWO project was on again, a few weeks later, Keylog74 announced it was available for ordering. I immediately ordered one and about a month later it arrived. I sent the DWO and my watch to a RWI approved modder who has done this type of work (Nautilus DWO installation) before. A few days later, the modder sends me an e-mail with pictures, showing it was the wrong DWO, the date was very right justified. I contacted Kelog74 and informed him of the problem, he in turn referred me to Spongebob. Spongebob asked to see the pictures and the modder provides it to him. About 3-4 days later, Spongebob confirms its the wrong DWO and it was their fault. At this point I'm a bit upset but not much, who wouldn't be? After all mistakes happen. Weeks pass and then I receive a message from Spongebob, he states that he received the right DWO from the factory and he would test fit in and inform me of the results the next day. Well that next day is now many days ago and he still has not contacted me as he said he would. This is whats trying my patience. I have copies of the messages we exchanged to verify that what I stated above is true.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11

who did he file a PP dispute against ?