• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My TC 16610LV honest review (and like, billions of pics!!!)

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
To be honest I didn't quite get that but can't you understand from the pics?

Sent from my S6 Edge+
He's asking if the minute lines on the dial have a bolder font at every five minute interval. I believe they do but maybe you can confirm

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
He's asking if the minute lines on the dial have a bolder font at every five minute interval. I believe they do but maybe you can confirm
OK now I got it. It seems that they do have a bolder print but it is a very tiny variation and even with a macro shot is difficult to distinguish..

Sent from my S6 Edge+

bgreg

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/12
Florida
c4d9653b14df18068d457d1cd7f4e778.jpg

Is the new V2 bezel insert a little darker green?
Wore my TC LV today.

boonper

Known Member
21/4/15
Thanks for the confirmation! It was really hard to figure out from the pictures as some looked to have while some not. Not sure if it's the same for LN. Have dropped the same question in another thread. Then I can figure out which one to get ;)

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
c4d9653b14df18068d457d1cd7f4e778.jpg

Is the new V2 bezel insert a little darker green?
Wore my TC LV today.

Cannot really tell because under the light changes constantly so only if you have both of them side by side you can be sure I suppose
Thanks for the confirmation! It was really hard to figure out from the pictures as some looked to have while some not. Not sure if it's the same for LN. Have dropped the same question in another thread. Then I can figure out which one to get ;)
No problem dear! To be honest you need an excellent pair of eyes to see it or a good macro lens lolol

Sent from my S6 Edge+

B&E355

9/2/15

All part of the gen dial variations. Some are pronounced while others are barely noticeable. TC is one of the barely noticeable ones. It is there, but ever so slightly.

rfireteanu

Renowned Member
19/12/12
Here is a noob question, can i swap my tc insert black with the new lv v2 ?

Ssikon

Known Member
7/10/15
of course you can, actually TC is shipping the last sub with both inserts and they are completely interchangeable

lukko

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
Your TC on instagram LOL

6c1681734982d09b653db69678eb17b6.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Prudentis

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/9/15
MaronAckay - it's C1 Superluminova - http://blog.tc-sub.com/2013/11/tc-16610-sub-v6-first-look.html

Take a look at TC's review of the KH dial.

My statement is that the TC dial, when charged properly, will last 8 hours. It will be dim in the morning, but it will still glow. It's not rep lume at all..

Are you serious? I have to retest this in sunlight then :)
Did a test by charging it with my Lamplight yesterday for 15 minutes and the lume was invisible after 30 minutes

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Are you serious? I have to retest this in sunlight then :)
Did a test by charging it with my Lamplight yesterday for 15 minutes and the lume was invisible after 30 minutes
These are very conflicting information now. I've been told the lume is fantastic compared to regular rep lume. That it glows bright and lasts hours. I've never heard of anyone re-luming a tc, so that would make sense to me.

I've got an orange monster and a sumo so unfortunately I compare everything to that

rfireteanu

Renowned Member
19/12/12
I had orange monster but not even that glows all night, all the watches get dimmed lume after a while, is normal

Prudentis

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/9/15
These are very conflicting information now. I've been told the lume is fantastic compared to regular rep lume. That it glows bright and lasts hours. I've never heard of anyone re-luming a tc, so that would make sense to me.

I've got an orange monster and a sumo so unfortunately I compare everything to that

Than you will be badly disappointed by the TC. Because I sure am, since I also believed the BS.

I can only tell you my experience. Maybe other members just got better dials, no idea. I left it in the afternoon sun for about two hours as I finished writing my last comment.
Now I had it on my wrist for about an hour. Then I wend to the cellar and switched off the lights: barely visible anymore.

Either TC just sold me a crappy model or the other praise is over the top.

And to rfireteanu I am talking about two hours bright afternoon sun and checking an hour later. Even my Mido can do better than that and it's lume is quite bad

Right now my TC is:
- looks really great and feels nice.
- Case has a great gen look and feel
- Dial, hands and pinion are excellent as far as I can tell without a ready comparison at hand the look really great
- movement seems good but this only time can tell (I left it lying for 20 hours and the accuracy was still as set)
- the bracelet clasps are a bit too hard but this will wear in. No problem here.
- the absolute horrific, clearly visible bluish AR on the cyclops is a real shock
- the bezel is a whole new experience of disappointment on the watch I received - not a hint of gen feeling or function on that

rfireteanu

Renowned Member
19/12/12
Again, try not to think is comparable to any gen diver superluminova. I had rolex gen and the lume is pretty much like my tc