• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My first Rep - AP Volcano QC Pics

GLG20

Looking Around
20/2/11
First I have to say that this is great forum (upgrading to VIP as we speak) and I have learned tons from my reading. From my reading I have decided to dive into the hobby and ordered my first Rep, an AP Volcano. As has been advised I ordered it on rubber and plan to pick up an AP Bands strap.

I just got my QC pics and I can't find anything wrong, but as I am a rookie when it comes to these things I was hoping I could get a confirmation that everything looks right.

Thanks!

Volcano_1.jpg

Volcano_2.jpg

SpootyPuff

I'm Pretty Popular
19/6/10
WELCOME and congrats!!

Mine is stuck in customs as we speak. I'm estimating it should be @ my door by Monday :D :D :D

AP as a first rep! tsk tsk.... prepare to shell out $$ :D These AP's are SO addicting!!

Everything looks to be in order!
You have 'real' orange tachy ring, bezel screws are well in place. Aside from the usual/common flaws and tidbits, this ROO is good!
Are those pics from MR?

bigdeal

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/10
I have the same watch except on a bracelet. It's actually my favorite rep. Comparing it to your pics, I cant find a difference...

looks great to me...

w@tchlume

Known Member
9/5/10
My first rep is also an AP but bAP black themes. ^^

your watch looks fine on the exterior! the orange is so attention seeking; i cant take my eyes off it... haha..

howz the night glow like?

First I have to say that this is great forum (upgrading to VIP as we speak) and I have learned tons from my reading. From my reading I have decided to dive into the hobby and ordered my first Rep, an AP Volcano. As has been advised I ordered it on rubber and plan to pick up an AP Bands strap.

I just got my QC pics and I can't find anything wrong, but as I am a rookie when it comes to these things I was hoping I could get a confirmation that everything looks right.

Thanks!

Volcano_1.jpg

Volcano_2.jpg

PecMan

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/09
and u can c that it will look even sexier if u do the ar

GLG20

Looking Around
20/2/11
WELCOME and congrats!!

Mine is stuck in customs as we speak. I'm estimating it should be @ my door by Monday :D :D :D

AP as a first rep! tsk tsk.... prepare to shell out $$ :D These AP's are SO addicting!!

Everything looks to be in order!
You have 'real' orange tachy ring, bezel screws are well in place. Aside from the usual/common flaws and tidbits, this ROO is good!
Are those pics from MR?
Thanks to all for the confirmation on QC photos, like I said I was pretty sure it was close to perfect but I guess I just wanted one more qualified eye to verify...

Yep, from MR. From reading around I gained confidence that he was one of the best dealers and I was really impressed by the quality and number of QC photos he sends.

I have been on the fence for a few weeks about which way to go as far as brand to buy, I own a Gen DJII and a Gen Breitling SA so I was wanting something different. It came down to Hublot, Panerai, or AP and AP won out. Though I think I will be adding then others very soon.

I have already spoken to Francisco about the modding of the movement, and will probably ship it out to him at some point for service.

My first rep is also an AP but bAP black themes. ^^

your watch looks fine on the exterior! the orange is so attention seeking; i cant take my eyes off it... haha..

howz the night glow like?
Don't have it yet, but from what I have heard the Volcano isn't lumed so not sure what to expect on it.

It's funny, when I first saw a picture of the watch I was thinking, "Orange?" that's terrible. But over the last few months and after trying on a Gen awhile back I was hooked.

Edgematic

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/08
Congrats! Stunner!!!

Gen and rep are not lumed :). This one has become very close with the updated dial!

Jonny5

18/1/08
I am about to buy this watch also.

What are the flaws for this watch, and what are the recommended mods?

Jonny5

18/1/08
I tried the Volcano on at an AD last week and fell in love! so much wrist presence!