• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ferrari Panerai watch screw out crown came off

clinterik

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/11/06
I went to unscrew the crown and it just came off in my hand... Does anybody know how to fix this, or were I can get parts or is there some one on here that I can ship it to that could fix it?

Thanks for the help, Clint

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Does the crown include the stem? If yes, you may want to open up the caseback and install it again. If it's the crown only, you need to check if the crown is damaged. If not, you need a pin vice and a little bit of epoxy to reinstall the crown to the stem.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
The stem looks like a threaded rod which bridges the crown with the movement.

clinterik

3/11/06
the crown does not include the stem!! I have pictures of it but i don't know how to upload them?

astig

10/9/06
use imageshack, photobucket, etc, to host your pictures...

owdeguy

10/2/08
Doesn't sound that serious if the stem is still in there, you didn't fubar the keyless works which is good. Find someone local to you that can remove it, get a new stem (and possibly a crown unless the old stem can be extracted), then reinstall and you're back in business.

pete2528ca

Renowned Member
14/1/07
ive had this happen to a panerai. it just unthreaded itself. there isn't really lots of thread that actually goes into the crown. it may just need to be put back in. use a bit of loctite blue on the thread too...