• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My first build, a Rolex 1680 superfranken, how did I do?

Jaqueslepro

6/3/18
It is neither polite, nore diplomatic, but I agree on being "ignorant" on not reading correctly. In that lume shot part I thought that I read it was "lumed with gen superluminova" and you were "not sure if I am happy with the results yet".

I am imperfect and full of flaws. I am ignorant for not knowing what was written before the edit. That made me wonder and join this fruitful exchange of opinions.

Still... arms wide open man....

Reactions: tripdog

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Wonderful,

Then we can all agree to drop this and let the fire burn out like sparks that shoot out of a fire, they go out on their own if you don't add any fuel.

My apologies to you directly for thinking your words had their common useages and meanings.

My use of the word "ignorant" was not meant as a swipe, as it is the proper common consensually agreed on definition that I was using that word for:

From the dictionary:
ig·no·rant
-lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular.
In this particular case, you did not know (were ignorant of) the fact that some red service dials use luminova.

So I hope you can see that it was the appropriate use of the word, per common english, per any english dictionary.

D'accord?

You are such a kick to the nuts. I can't imagine anybody wanting to be anywhere around you.

RWIuser88

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
14/3/18
photoshop?

msYZSjw.jpg

HQ?

any other possibilities?

Time and the right equipment?

Last edited:

RWIuser88

Banned
14/3/18
You guys are going to make me rich.

I foresee more red sub dials becoming available in the near future on ebay and chrono24

Last edited:

RWIuser88

Banned
14/3/18
Lol the thread that keeps on giving

And it appears you feel the need to be relevant here? Why might that be?

At any rate

Do you guys think the new red lettering on SUBMARINER is the exact correct color??

msYZSjw.jpg

2fake4u

Put Some Respect On My Name
20/9/16
And it appears you feel the need to be relevant here? Why might that be?

At any rate

Do you guys think the new red lettering on SUBMARINER is the exact correct color??

msYZSjw.jpg

in an effort to be helpful and not trolling...

font is too thick. color isnt too bad, but maybe a touch too bright.

rolex-submariner-1680-red-letter.jpg

RWIuser88

Banned
14/3/18
You are comparing the wrong dial. You are showing the tritium dial. Mine clearly is the luminova dial.

Got to compare apples to apples

see here from a legit source DRSD.com
http://www.drsd.com/watch-info/red-s...a-red-sub.html

Luminova Red Sub

The Replacement Dial from Rolex for the Red Submariner by Ed Delgado

Rolex has responded to collectors requests by sometimes replacing their tired old red dials with a newer red dial.

The font is slightly different but the main difference is that the markers contain luminova and will glow bright green in the dark.

The most noticeable difference is that the dial is also labeled as "SWISS" at the bottom but some also have "T SWISS <25".

Photo courtesy of M. Reitzel

bobandshawn

Patron
29/10/13
Florida
OP asked to stay "on point"...what the hell does the red lettering of some other watch have to do with your stupendously wonderful first build?

Sorry - just trying to stay relevant...

RWIuser88

Banned
14/3/18
OP asked to stay "on point"...what the hell does the red lettering of some other watch have to do with your stupendously wonderful first build?

Sorry - just trying to stay relevant...

This is still my first build. Same watch, same dial, new red ink.

RWIuser88

Banned
14/3/18
Seems I've gone beyond "merely assembling quality parts"

try to keep up

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Seems I've gone beyond "merely assembling quality parts"

You are so desperately seeking attention. What's going on in your life right now? Family issues?

2fake4u

20/9/16
You are comparing the wrong dial. You are showing the tritium dial. Mine clearly is the luminova dial.

Got to compare apples to apples

see here from a legit source DRSD.com
http://www.drsd.com/watch-info/red-s...a-red-sub.html

Luminova Red Sub

The Replacement Dial from Rolex for the Red Submariner by Ed Delgado

Rolex has responded to collectors requests by sometimes replacing their tired old red dials with a newer red dial.

The font is slightly different but the main difference is that the markers contain luminova and will glow bright green in the dark.

The most noticeable difference is that the dial is also labeled as "SWISS" at the bottom but some also have "T SWISS <25".

Photo courtesy of M. Reitzel

font is still too thick on yours and the wrong shade of red.

please tell me you did this to a rep dial and not a gen dial

RWIuser88

Banned
14/3/18
new gen case- ebay score $1000 ! Well, first saw it on ebay at least. Wrong serial for red, but still a gen 1680 case!

But same dial, the gen dial. hands new crystal, gen movement tube, now gen crown

This was only my first build. Just getting out of the crib.

Last edited: