• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My first build, a Rolex 1680 superfranken, how did I do?

Jaqueslepro

6/3/18
Dear Rwiuser88,

I did neither say 'you did buy hqmilton gen', nore say that 'assembling is not respectable' (those two things are just not written in my text and actually I found a look into the bovet assembly respectfully impressing), nore nore intend to shotgun nothing. I just used a metaphora (ok two metaphoras) to explain that putting high quality parts is not bringing you the (maybe, I am not you but have a certain feeling) intended feedback here. This might be the reason for you talking mainly to yourself over here (sorry I couldnt read all of the text you wrote, so its maily a self discussion). That is all I said.

Ok, new try:

I am happy for you being happy with your watch! I hope you love it! I hope for you to experience peace in the smoothly moving seconds hand, as I do. Hopefully you find a way to leave your angry road and find yourself in a great community. This is what we want for everyone here! The spirit of this forum. Hopefully one day you will be an 'RWI member' and not an 'RWIuser' anymore, so we can meet up in a fruitful, critical and respectful discussion about what we all love here. With a lot of love against all this anger, I wish you all the best. All accusations against me are forgiven. Have fun with your hobby for your own sake, as I do! Have a great journey from the start of today. This is my wish for you.

Regards
J.

Reactions: Stuessi

RWIuser88

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
14/3/18
Well Ok then, if you meant nothing of what you posted, then all is forgiven and forgotten :) We can go back to our respective happy places.

My main initial question was if anyone could find any specific flaws.

In fact, any answers to my requesting findings of reports of any flaws would have been helpful. Of course I am appreciative of the positive comments, but I was not fishing for them. I did not ask for conversation. My specific question was if anyone could find any flaws, and they could not. If you look again, you can see that there are positive comments, and zero negative comments about the build, so I don't know why you said there was a lack of positive comments. Seems most people read the initial post and understood it just fine. I've had plenty of positive comments both posted and more back channel about this build. Looks like you were the first to attempt to throw shade and doubt on this build if you read the thread from the beginning. You first ignorantly questioned the legitimacy of the service dial, (go back and read again- notice how nicely I informed you of the correct information rather than trying to make you look stupid)

You noticed I asked in the first post for only positive useful posts that were on topic and that my intent was to keep this a useful thread that myself and others could learn from. Now look at all the posts and see what the intent of each of the posters was. Some were here to enjoy themselves, others were here for other reasons-as you can plainly see. We are all responsible and accountable for our actions whether we like it or not. The causes and conditions we create interdependently create results. Dependent / interdependent origination is a universal truth.

But, since no one, in the now over 650 views of this thread, was able to find any obvious visual flaws, I'm calling this a very successful first build.

And now I have provided a new fix, a new benefit to any modder in the rep community, they can read this post and now learn how to make any bezel snap in place even with the low quality WSO bezels where before it was simply accepted as not possible- this is a functional contribution from me to the community.

Last edited:

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Well Ok then, if you meant nothing of what you posted, then all is forgiven and forgotten :) We can go back to our respective happy places.

In fact, any answers to my requesting findings of reports of any flaws would have been helpful. Of course I am appreciative of the positive comments, but I was not fishing for them. I did not ask for conversation. My specific question was if anyone could find any flaws, and they could not. If you look again, you can see that there are positive comments, and zero negative comments about the build, so I don't know why you said there was a lack of positive comments. Seems most people read the initial post and understood it just fine. I've had plenty of positive comments both posted and more back channel about this build. Looks like you were the first to attempt to throw shade and doubt on this build if you read the thread from the beginning. You first ignorantly questioned the legitimacy of the service dial, (go back and read again- notice how nicely I informed you of the correct information rather than trying to make you look stupid)

You noticed I asked in the first post for only positive useful posts that were on topic and that my intent was to keep this a useful thread that myself and others could learn from. Now look at all the posts and see what the intent of each of the posters was. Some were here to enjoy themselves, others were here for other reasons-as you can plainly see. We are all responsible and accountable for our actions whether we like it or not. The causes and conditions we create interdependently create results. Dependent / interdependent origination is a universal truth.

But, since no one, in the now over 650 views of this thread, was able to find any obvious visual flaws, I'm calling this a very successful first build.

And now I have provided a new fix, a new benefit to any modder in the rep community, they can read this post and now learn how to make any bezel snap in place even with the low quality WSO bezels where before it was simply accepted as not possible- this is a functional contribution from me to the community.

:jeff:

bobandshawn

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
29/10/13
Florida
Veeery nice build. Good job. Who's a good boy? Who's a good boy???

tjNcG2c.gif

RWIuser88

Banned
14/3/18
wut da fuq is going on in here now lol

Open your eyes a little wider. I've just posted one of several new mods that you thought were unable to be accomplished, thereby proving by actual experience example that my modding skills already far surpass yours. I've been told via email that you are already steamed about this, but yet you act as if you know nothing of this in public.

Since you wanted to add negativity to my post- now you can enjoy that. Too bad your mind it too weak not to think about this as you go to sleep tonight, and wow, your mind is just stuck on it. Lawnmower man is in your head now.

Hey, for everyone's benefit. Remember when I told you I fixed the crown threading that you said could not be fixed. Then after I accomplished it you said there were all kinds of ways to accomplish it? You said like rethreading the crown or tube, and crazy swings - and misses like that.

Please, show your "relative" prowess by explaining how any of your suggestions would have worked, because the way I see it, they would not have.
Example, your suggestion to rethread the crown- exactly how would that have changed anything? You don't even know what you don't know when you are clearly pretending to know.

I know I broke first rule of low grade modders club of "Don't talk about how easy it really is"

See the bezel fix was as simple as putting a square peg in a round hole, all I had to do was make the hole round, duh
The WSO bezel (cheap crap) was slightly too small to accept a gen insert and the channel was the wrong shape. Several modders said that is all there is to it and you can't expect to fix it. Except the fix was easy, simply slightly enlarge the shape and make the slope have a bias of holding the insert in rather than pushing it out.
Yes it was super easy, and you will now say how simply and easy it was and how anyone can do it, which is true

- after I showed you how-

- So back to your fixes for the crown- you still have not provided a working solution. Are you able to?

See the student has now become a teacher.

So, tell me now 2fake, are you happier that I now treat you in kind?

See now those who enjoyed the fireworks can have some more.

Last edited:

2fake4u

20/9/16
Open your eyes a little wider. I've just posted one of several new mods that you thought were unable to be accomplished, thereby proving by actual experience example that my modding skills already far surpass yours. I've been told via PM that you are already steamed about this, but yet you act as if you know nothing of this in public.

i literally do not care...

curious who thinks im steamed. thats kinda funny

anything can be accomplished with the right tools and time. congrats

RWIuser88

Banned
14/3/18
i literally do not care...

curious who thinks im steamed. thats kinda funny

anything can be accomplished with the right tools and time. congrats

And yet the evidence speaks LOUDLY otherwise:

1. You responded within seconds of my posting this, proving you are unquestionably 'very' attentive to the developments here.

2. You are sidestepping your claims of how you could have easily did what I did with the crown- do you want to respond or just drop it here while you are only "a little behind?"
3. It is not the tools and time that fixed the bezel- it was recognizing the slightly undersized dimensions and incorrect shape and then figuring a way of how to fix it. Modders for years have simply accepted that as status quo-per my for sale post. It was the recognizing you can put a square peg in a round hole, if you have the ability to change the dimensions and shape of the hole, which we do.

Now would you like more of my direct attention to your requests?

Last edited:

RWIuser88

Banned
14/3/18
How about we try to keep the post positive and useful, because otherwise you will feel just like you do right now, and everyone will know it.

This could have been a positive and useful post where people (including me) could have happily learned a thing or two, but the off topic posts with the clear and obvious intent to start trouble have pulled the original intent off line.

Do you want to agree to attempt to keep my posts useful positive without you thread crapping?

Last edited:

2fake4u

20/9/16
And yet the evidence speaks LOUDLY otherwise:

1. You responded within seconds of my posting this, proving you are unquestionably 'very' attentive to the developments here.

2. You are sidestepping your claims of how you could have easily did what I did with the crown- do you want to respond or just drop it here while you are only "a little behind?"
3. It is not the tools and time that fixed the bezel- it was recognizing the slightly undersized dimensions and incorrect shape and then figuring a way of how to fix it. Modders for years have simply accepted that as status quo-per my for sale post. It was the recognizing you can put a square peg in a round hole, if you have the ability to change the dimensions and shape of the hole, which we do.

Now would you like more of my direct attention to your requests?

i get a notification someone quotes or likes a post, i click it, i respond. thats how the interwebz works.

as i said, anything can be fixed or modded to your liking. all it takes is tools and time. congrats

Jaqueslepro

6/3/18

Omfg. I say love, you say I am ignorant. The first time I read this post, it wasn't as offending and accusing. Good you edit every of your post with your hateful alter ego. Dr. RWImember and Mister RWIuser. This is just such painful thread. I would take everything back, but I still wish you will, one unangry and humble day of your life, find a start here. Or somewhere else.

Just for some logic lesson.

1. Noone been on the venus yet, doesnt meant that everything is made of red cheese there.

2. Noone (of the poeple opening this thread, shaking their heafs on you attitude and leaving in silence) saying "I found an obvious flaw.", doenst mean your build is perfect.

THAT IS NOT LOGIC! IT JUST MEANS YOUR ATTITUTE AND BEHAVIOUR HERE IS ROTTEN LIKE AN OLD ATHLETE FOOT.

2nd attempt:

You are still invited to join the club. Join the light and bright side! Apologize to the crowd and open a thread in the Rolex or vintage section where it is supposed to be and start over. Humble, friendly, fair... I will be the first to like and comment.

Regards in second attempt
J.

RWIuser88

Banned
14/3/18
There is a life lesson to be learned here.

No one wins a war.

There are only degrees of loosing. The "winner" can only claim to be so by claiming the relative damage to the other side was greater.

I waited until there were no less than 3 infractions before responding.

Read all the posts from the beginning and see who injected shade into this thread first, and see how it developed.

Jaqueslepro

6/3/18
Actually there is no war man. This is a hobbyist forum.

Now honestly. The lesson here is: Join the club. Be friendly. Be humble. Be accepted. Dont offend people. Post a new thread in the vintage area and drop a link here.

RWIuser88

Banned
14/3/18
Wonderful,

Then we can all agree to drop this and let the fire burn out like sparks that shoot out of a fire, they go out on their own if you don't add any fuel.

My apologies to you directly for thinking your words had their common useages and meanings.

My use of the word "ignorant" was not meant as a swipe, as it is the proper common consensually agreed on definition that I was using that word for:

From the dictionary:
ig·no·rant
-lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular.
In this particular case, you did not know (were ignorant of) the fact that some red service dials use luminova.

So I hope you can see that it was the appropriate use of the word, per common english, per any english dictionary.

D'accord?

Last edited: