• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My current OMEGA Collection

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
takashi said:
That is certainly true... Accuracy to the gen doesn't guarantee the most wrist time (as it's happening to my own Tag Link Chrono). I keep going back to only a select few watches (Omega PO included). I think it's time to reform my collection.

I still wear my TAG regularly... and I'm certainly not going to part with it. It doesn't get as much wrist time as my Omegas but it's another excellent choice for the dressing occasions. I really like it just as much as the day I purchased it.

PS: I sold my 4th Gen PO to another member already. Not because of the flaws, but it felt small after wearing the "Ultimate". Maybe eventually I'll grab another 45mm... but in orange. ;)

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Yummy! Ultimate 45mm will look great on your wrist (since you've 7 inch++ wrist, 45mm is the size to go for).

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
takashi said:
Yummy! Ultimate 45mm will look great on your wrist (since you've 7 inch++ wrist, 45mm is the size to go for).

Actually my wrist is 8,05. I just measured it (out of curiosity).

Yeah, I love the big "boss". ;)

IMG_4393.jpg

wrist1.jpg

I loved the 42mm too. But the size matters. ;)

IMG_3526.jpg

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
lacoste99 said:
So Seamaster Pro Chronograph is hard to get?

No, I wasn't talking about the Seamaster Chronograph. Just the old batch standard Seamaster and the Speedy. Since it's rather new rep model almost all dealers carry the SMP chronograph.

lacoste99

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/1/07
By-Tor said:
lacoste99 said:

No, I wasn't talking about the Seamaster Chronograph. Just the old batch standard Seamaster and the Speedy. Since it's rather new rep model almost all dealers carry the SMP chronograph.

Nice. . I wonder what kind of collection of watches do you own?

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
lacoste99 said:
By-Tor said:
lacoste99 said:

Nice. . I wonder what kind of collection of watches do you own?

My collection is small... and nothing special compared to many others here. I just throughly review all the watches I get. If you want to see impressive and big collection check Robertk's HERE.

Puggy has collected quite large one for himself in such a short time. He's the next Tanfoglio. :)

lacoste99

8/1/07
Thanks for the link. Whoa, that guy has a ton of collections. . .

tostef

21/11/06
Wa wa wee wa

Hello By-Tor,
this is a very nice collection of Omega-Watches. After having seen the new Bond-movie I'm thinking
of buying a planet ocean. That's a great watch.

By the way, Rush's "Farewell to Kings" is a superbe record.

Tostef

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
Re: Wa wa wee wa

tostef said:
Hello By-Tor,

Tostef

Yep. But more than the old stuff I like the "newer" material. Presto is dated 1989 and it's incredible mix of pop, funk, jazz, heavy metal, fantastic lyrics and amazing musicianship. It's not an easy album though. Not all average Rush fans "get" it.

It took me a while to to grow too... because most songs have been written using weird (jazzy) time signatures. Well... at least this is what one professional bass player once told me. The tunes sound catchy and simple at first... but when you listen to it more... turns out there's more than meets the eye (or ear).

B0002NRQTS.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Ahhh...don't get me started with rock music because I can't stop... ;)

tostef

21/11/06
Re: Wa wa wee wa

By-Tor said:
tostef said:
Hello By-Tor,

Tostef

Yep. But more than the old stuff I like the "newer" material. Presto is dated 1989 and it's incredible mix of pop, funk, jazz, heavy metal, fantastic lyrics and amazing musicianship. It's not an easy album though. Not all average Rush fans "get" it.

It took me a while to to grow too... because most songs have been written using weird (jazzy) time signatures. Well... at least this is what one professional bass player once told me. The tunes sound catchy and simple at first... but when you listen to it more... turns out there's more than meets the eye (or ear).

B0002NRQTS.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Ahhh...don't get me started with rock music because I can't stop... ;)

I've listened to this record a couple of times, but many years ago. That time I didn't like it very much.
Maybe I should give it another chance...
The critics at amazon are quite good.

Sometimes the best albums are those, which grow after listening many times to it :D