• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

MR - 42mm PO

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
Dear R2D4,

I think I may need to buy a black bezel white numeral version of this watch soon.

Your friend,
amptor

:)

skimpybeardy

Known Member
15/8/11
Rule Britannia (UK)
Dealing with M has been a joy, although we have been back and fourth with regards to the HE and the 12 marker he has always kept me informed and up to date with the progress.

I have decided to change the order to the IWC 3717, as im still not fully happy with the HE valve - its such a small thing but because it has been highlighted to me I can't get it out of my head.

Hopefully the factories will be going back to the old cast of HE's & I can have my PO in the near future.

Craig88

Renowned Member
25/8/11
I find it funny how everyone goes on about the He valve... Firstly I'm sure that the majority of gen owners wouldn't notice the mm difference and it all depends on the angle. He can look so different depending on what angle you look at it so would be hard to be called out.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I find it funny how everyone goes on about the He valve... Firstly I'm sure that the majority of gen owners wouldn't notice the mm difference and it all depends on the angle. He can look so different depending on what angle you look at it so would be hard to be called out.

Dude, you are so right! :lol:

Wait.........Oh no, here they come! Oh no.........oh no........ http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/rolex-sea-dweller-16600-86554

No. you better hide that HEV under your shirt sleeve or jacket. :rofl:

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10

Agreed, I could never understand why somebody would get even remotely concerned about 'being called out' ....I never got it, even if a rep owner was to be called out, why give a fcuk?, for those that fear being called out it must be some self-esteem issue or something? I think it's more in their head than anything.

On the other hand while some fear being called out, most just dwell on the minute because they are anal bstards and they'd have sleepless nights if these parts such as He valves are not within 0.1mm tolerance to the gen. Tis sad but it's part of the addiction. :)

dbrinch

Renowned Member
31/1/10
Calgary, Canada

I beg to disagree here... I used to own a 5th gen PO myself and I've been called out twice...one by a co-worker and another one by a perfect stranger in a mall...both noticed the much bigger HE valve...I only wear a Pam now for my rep.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09

Let me try it again........

Which would you buy as a PO rep?

a) watch that resembles the Gen the best

b) watch that used to resemble the Gen best

Think about that and it might not seem "funny how everyone goes on about the HEV".

Which PO do you have BTW? The one without SN# and low HEV? :thinking: