• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

MR - 42mm PO

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Approve and get it on your wrist!

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
He ok
Logo ok
Serial ok
Globe ok
Ar ok
Pearl acceptable
And is that a swiss movement?

Sent from my Desire HD

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Too bad the newer cases have the HEV lower now. GLWS!

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Too bad the newer cases have the HEV lower now. GLWS!

WTH? Why did they lower the valve on these? Why mess with a good thing?

movadobaby_2178_524351990

If it is ok with you skimpy proceed. I am just flustered that the rep factories would make in the right place all this time and then move it. For what reason? IDK.

Otherwise it looks like a great clone.

shirazi_r

Renowned Member
12/10/10
The crown is a bit domed at the end, wonder if that's with all the 5th gens.

I'd accept and enjoy it either way :)

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
The crown is a bit domed at the end, wonder if that's with all the 5th gens.

I'd accept and enjoy it either way :)

I agree on the crown but that is totally fixable with a gen. And I wholeheartedly agree on the enjoy either way comment.

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
Nice pics...Looks very good...The more I see of this dealer, the more I want to buy from him.

shirazi_r

Renowned Member
12/10/10
I agree on the crown but that is totally fixable with a gen. And I wholeheartedly agree on the enjoy either way comment.

Agreed R2, PO reps are best enjoyed with a gen crown, HE valve, and a nice swimming pool!

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Is this new He repositioning just a temporary blip or a permanent offering now? Also the crown shape is a bit disconcerting aswell? What's next from the factories, increase the size of the pearl and put some happy feet back on? ;)

Also the 12 oclock marker on this looks as crooked as fcuk.
Otherwise rep looks nice OP. :)

tbh I'd reject it, and ask if one can be got with correct he position, old crown (not too much of a bother if changing it) and also with straight 12 oc markers. They have a cheek to be charging similar prices as previous offerings now complete with He downgrades etc!

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Yeah I'd say fair enough, go for it if it's the only one you'll get, but might be worth putting in a mention about the He issue etc so that sometime in the future with enough complaints we might get the factories to go back to where we were 6 months ago.

Either way they are small issues op, watch looks nice, the 12 oc marker if really crooked and not just the lighting and reflections can be repositioned at home easily.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Contact MR and see what is up or if another is available. If not, ask them to fix the 12 marker, I totally missed that. MR rocks btw. ;) Then report back here. If this is the new crop we need to know. Also, ask if the swiss model is a different factory and get a pic of that if possible.

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
:) It really is an easy job but fair enough, you'd get help on the forums if you wanted to try it.

If any doubt skimpy or not fully happy then it's worth questioning it, see what they say. I'm just a little surprised to see most of the dealers now shipping the lower He valve etc without even mentioning it...as if none of us would notice :)

Some other dealers when pulled on it miraculously produced a replacement previous version with the Higher He valve. At the end of the day though it's still only a minor blip, but still, we are all anal bstards ;)

I agree with R2 above, MR is a great dealer, and is very accommodating so worth persisting with and you'll be sorted out!

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
The 12 marker issue may just be due to the camera angle. But the He valve crown is too big on the reps. Small matter compared to its position on the case, IMHO.

I'd be more interested in that small tail of brass that's hanging around on the retainer near the cloverleaf. If that thing breaks loose, it could mess things up.