• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Most accurate iwc.

Cromag

Renowned Member
11/8/12
+1
XVII is kinda boring IMO. All it has going for it is the awesome bracelet micro adjusting clasp, but so does the 3777. If your wrist size is 6.5" or bigger, don't even think twice, just get the 3777 with bracelet.

J-SJ

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/11/13
Completely agree with higginsd. I have a range of watches from Omega, Rolex, Breitling, IWC, gens and top reps and the 3777 rep holds its head high in that company. Only one person ever noticed the 3777 as an IWC and they admired it. Most people have never heard of IWC even if you tell them the make. They would need to be a real IWC expert to spot it was a rep and even then, are they really going to ask you?

The 3777 bracelet is superb as well. Mine feels like a gen bracelet, not like the Breitling rep bracelets for example.

Most watches are quartz and you need to be quite close even to be sure that the 3777 secs@9 is sweeping not ticking.

For me, the rule is to wear the watch because you like it, not because someone will think it's a gen.

watchgeek41

26/3/13
Thanks everybody for all your input! I just sent payment to Ryan for the 3777. I'm very excited and think I made the right choice! I really appreciate everyone on this forum. I can't wait to add the 3777 to my collection. My only other rep so far is my TV type II that Vac has for waterproof checking and gen insert installation.

J-SJ

18/11/13
Thanks everybody for all your input! I just sent payment to Ryan for the 3777. I'm very excited and think I made the right choice! I really appreciate everyone on this forum. I can't wait to add the 3777 to my collection. My only other rep so far is my TV type II that Vac has for waterproof checking and gen insert installation.
Good luck with the process.

Looking forward to seeing pics.

Bad Gromozeka

30/8/12
Although 3777 is an awesome rep (one of the best in fact), to me it has a bit too much of everything. It's too flashy, has too many unnecessary details, and it doesn't have that cool "minimal" sleekness that Mark XVII has. 3777 doesn't fit formal business suit at all, whereas MK XVII is almost as universal as the Submariner and fits business-casual very well. No offence to 3777 owners :) Although a bit boring, MK XVII has much more style to me.

iggypop

I'm Pretty Popular
27/9/12
Thank you for all that info! I'm a noob when it comes to IWC reps so your input is greatly appreciated. I think I would now be okay with the faux PR dial. Does the huge crown of the big pilot stand out as much in person as it does in photos? To me it looks out of place compared to the smaller crown of the Mark XVII (in photos as least).

Only problem is if your wrist is small