• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Most accurate BP with working PR

HerbieDerb

Looking Around
16/9/09
Hi,

Im trying to find the most accurate rep BP with working PR. All of the BPs seem to have a floating day window.

Thanks

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
It is not possible to have it with working power reserve, at the same time correct subdial spacing.

This issue has been discussed extensively. Even then, to achieve 7 days power reserve in the reps is similar to like chasing a pipe dream at the moment.

Good luck sourcing genuine dial + movement + hands. It is possible but will probably cost you thousands of dollar.

So to me, the appearance is more important than a working power reserve in the rep.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Well, the modification is possible through implantation of genuine movement.

So to answer more directly, you can't have an accurate BP rep if you want working power reserve. Subdial spacing and caseback are wrong (it is for platinum edition).

HerbieDerb

Looking Around
16/9/09
takashi said:
Well, the modification is possible through implantation of genuine movement.

At that point I think that any smart person would just buy the real thing.

I'll ask my question again.. are there any reps that have a working reserve subdial and a non floating date window. It seems like you can have one or another. If not, is it possible?

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
I think I have answered to this before... Not possible to have accurate BP with working power reserve. Subdial spacing will be wrong.

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
I have BP with working PR and correct caseback words, Platinum, not Fiatinum, like on most dealers replicas. Great watch, and I don't care, if PR subdial is 0,004mm off place, to me- it's not a watch, if it's fake PR, period.
I have my personal dealer in GZ.

Exploder

I'm Pretty Popular
23/3/08
I have BP with working PR and correct caseback words, Platinum, not Fiatinum, like on most dealers replicas. Great watch, and I don't care, if PR subdial is 0,004mm off place, to me- it's not a watch, if it's fake PR, period.
I have my personal dealer in GZ.

0.004mm - Cool! Let's see some pics! It's not that I'm questioning the 0.004mm, it's just that... eeehh... Well, ok, I don't really believe you! :D

Xplodr

Luthier

30/9/09
See? Even you don't know, how much it's off place. It mean need to compare gen. and rep. side by side, mean it's practically undetectable. But fake PR is no-no for sure.

Exploder

I'm Pretty Popular
23/3/08
See? Even you don't know, how much it's off place. It mean need to compare gen. and rep. side by side, mean it's practically undetectable. But fake PR is no-no for sure.

That's an odd response. I know how much off the PR subdial is on the rep 5004 with working PR, and for me that is such an obvious visual flaw that I would never consider one of those. However, your statement having a rep with a working PR being off only 0.004mm and that you say I need a gen-to-rep side-by-side comparison to see it certainly is intriguing and I would definitely like to see some pics of it. But I guess that is a too big request?

Cheers, Xplodr

rarebear

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/7/09
I think Luthier is being sarcastic and just saying he thinks your to critical...

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
I doubt so... even without gen and rep comparison, to me the different subdial spacing is a glaring and obvious flaw and can be seen straight away even at a distance.

Sorry, to me this is a much more obvious flaw than a non working PR.

Luthier

30/9/09
No, it's not too big request, I just don't own genuine BP. And I'm sorry if you took "0,0004mm" literally, it was OBVIOUS joke. Anyway, I compared my BP picture with genuine BP picture, and the subdial misplace is practically undetectable.
My point is - if somebody will ask you, what this subdial shows, you'd be forced to say- Well... it doesn't work, it's a FAKE subdial. I can say- it's power reserve.

I think Luthier is being sarcastic and just saying he thinks your to critical...

Not sarcastic, but joking.
I just don't think anyone except watch lovers can see the microscopic subdial misplacement, but everyone, who will like your watch, probably will ask, what this subdial shows, and then... you're in deeeep... you know, what.
I've been in this situation. A guy asked, what watch is it, blah-blah, and asked what's this, what's that...

Beowoulf_1

Looking Around
19/9/08
No, it's not too big request, I just don't own genuine BP. And I'm sorry if you took "0,0004mm" literally, it was OBVIOUS joke. Anyway, I compared my BP picture with genuine BP picture, and the subdial misplace is practically undetectable.
My point is - if somebody will ask you, what this subdial shows, you'd be forced to say- Well... it doesn't work, it's a FAKE subdial. I can say- it's power reserve.

Not sarcastic, but joking.
I just don't think anyone except watch lovers can see the microscopic subdial misplacement, but everyone, who will like your watch, probably will ask, what this subdial shows, and then... you're in deeeep... you know, what.
I've been in this situation. A guy asked, what watch is it, blah-blah, and asked what's this, what's that...

I really doubt some one is going to be staring at you watch long enough to see a PR needle move, even if it was working. Btw, I think the lug width on the working PR models is wrong, which is even a bigger tell.

One more thing, don't get too hung up on trying to pass your reps off as gens. It's a slippery slope. Reps should be purely for your own enjoyment.

Luthier

30/9/09
I really doubt some one is going to be staring at you watch long enough to see a PR needle move, even if it was working. Btw, I think the lug width on the working PR models is wrong, which is even a bigger tell.

One more thing, don't get too hung up on trying to pass your reps off as gens. It's a slippery slope. Reps should be purely for your own enjoyment.

All cases for all Pilots are the same, and come from the same factory in HK.
They also make casebacks, and some of them are with serious mistakes in wording.
I never tried to pass my reps as a gens, it's stupid, and shameful. I have plenty of gens, and i love reps same way I love gens.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
I don't think so. The rep with working and non working PR Big Pilot are clearly made by 2 different makers. Even for 3717, there are more than 2 makers doing it concurrently.

I still stand by my argument that the non working PR version will look much better (or I should put it, closer to the genuine watch) than the working PR version. The distance of the subdial from the centre of the watch is really noticeable. I agree with Beowolf too that to observe the PR indicator decreasing movement will takes minutes if not hours. In less than full circle, you have 7 days indicator... Imagine that. Let's assume it's 270 degree to contains 7 days. 1 day will take about 40 degree. Divide that by 24 hr it will be 1.6 degree per hour... Per minute it will be 0.0257 degree. Let me know if your eyes can detect 0.0257 degree even with the help of 10x magnification.

Luthier

30/9/09
I respect your opinion deeply, but I have my own. I don't think somebody will stay near me for a day to see, how PR hand moving, my point is - if I have a feature on my watch - it must work. Period. Also I don't care how close it to gen. It's NOT a gen. watch! No 1:1 rep. exist. To me- replicas is absolutely different category of watches. I never compare it to gen. watches, it's useless. 99,9% of people will never see, is it rep. or gen. If I drive 911, and wear PAM, they'd assume it's a gen. If I drive Toyota Camry and wear Rolley, even if it's gen. one - they'd assume it's a fake. I just don't care. I love replicas, and I enjoy 'em.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
To each of his own. No objection here :) Glad that if you like the working PR version.

Sorry but the cars + watches analogy does not necessarily work here.

Exploder

I'm Pretty Popular
23/3/08
I respect your opinion deeply, but I have my own. I don't think somebody will stay near me for a day to see, how PR hand moving, my point is - if I have a feature on my watch - it must work. Period. Also I don't care how close it to gen. It's NOT a gen. watch! No 1:1 rep. exist. To me- replicas is absolutely different category of watches. I never compare it to gen. watches, it's useless. 99,9% of people will never see, is it rep. or gen. If I drive 911, and wear PAM, they'd assume it's a gen. If I drive Toyota Camry and wear Rolley, even if it's gen. one - they'd assume it's a fake. I just don't care. I love replicas, and I enjoy 'em.

I see your point, although I do not fully understand why you buy reps when it is the features of the watch you are after. Wouldn't it be better to buy "no-name" gens with those features with better quality and for less money? Anyway, it is not only the visual flaw on the one with working PR, I realize that you have the one with the obvious displacement of the PR dial, another problem is that the PR of course not is 7 days and for that reason there is also a "PR needle moves considerably quicker than on the gen" flaw and on your watch that feature is therefore not correct. I of course also have PR on mine and my PR subdial does not work correctly either (ie not at all). Not sure what is worst, and non-functional feature or a wrong working feature? Again, this would be a reason for you to get a good non-rep instead. But to each his own of course, I certainly respect your choice. However, I am surprised that you think that it is hard for you to spot the difference between your watch and the gen with regards to the PR subdial location. As Taka, I can definitely spot that, and that is the first thing I look for, without inspecting the watch up close. I would really appreciate pics of your watch. (I'll trade you for a few on mine! :D)

Cheers, Xplodr

Luthier

30/9/09
Sure, you and Taka would spot the difference with gen. immediately, but how many people are so professional, as you, guys, are? Just a few. Rest wouldn't see it ever.
About working and non-working PR - I know, that power reserve on BP is approximately 42-44 hours, my point is - MY PR indicator WILL show me, when it's time to wind the watch, but yours - never. So, if you don't wear the watch every day, or if you don't have autowinder- you'll be forced to adjust time and date every time your watch stops.
Not with my watch - I always see, when I have to wind it. So, it's WORKING Power Reserve function.