• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pics of my new gen Navi leather

jb

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
7/9/06
I've been trying to get these posted for a about a week, but I've been too busy to get it done. I'm getting a little better at taking the pictures thanks to Pug's tutorials. I didn't think to get a good pic of the markings, but I'll take one and post it within the next couple of days.

I think I'm going to try to get a good deployent buckle for it; maybe a BOB. I have the one that came with the watch but It doesn't snap that well.

Full View:

Wrist Shot (I'm a cross between a gorilla and Robin Williams :wink: ):

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
:) Lovely - much nicer than my 21k Navi. Thinking of upgrading now, the dial on yours looks much better than the early version dial....

I'vea leather similar to the BOB, and fitted with a gen tang buckle.

jb

Advisor
7/9/06
Importr said:
:) Lovely - much nicer than my 21k Navi. Thinking of upgrading now, the dial on yours looks much better than the early version dial....

I'vea leather similar to the BOB, and fitted with a gen tang buckle.

I had both old and new in my possession before I sent the old one back. I was originally sent a 21k when I was supposed to get a 28k. I took some pics of the old one before I sent it back with the intention of posting a comparison between the two models. Unfortunately, time is very limited right now, so I haven’t been able to complete it yet.

The difference between old and new is night and day. I also have a gen dial that I haven’t installed yet. Quite honestly, the new version is so close that I don’t know if I’ll mess with it.

jb

Advisor
7/9/06
Pugwash said:
Nice pics of a nice watch. I want that strap. :D

Thanks for the compliment, Pug. Although I know I can do much better, they started looking a lot better once I figured out how to use the white balance on my Rebel.

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
Nice, looks familiar! The strap looks almost new. Forget about the dial transplant, it won't work, and looks terrible.

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
jburton said:
(I'm a cross between a gorilla and Robin Williams :wink: )
I think a lot of people would have paid good money to have seen that, to be honest.

TWP

I'm Pretty Popular
7/5/06
The strap is killer. Andrew is your mouth watering :D

jb

Advisor
7/9/06
Pugwash said:
jburton said:
(I'm a cross between a gorilla and Robin Williams :wink: )
I think a lot of people would have paid good money to have seen that, to be honest.

I'll sell tickets and take watches for payment. 8)

jb

Advisor
7/9/06
andreww said:
Nice, looks familiar! The strap looks almost new. Forget about the dial transplant, it won't work, and looks terrible.

The guy that I bought it from said he only wore it a couple of times. Based on its condition, I believe him.

I'm thinking about buying one of these straps just to get the deployent. The only problem is that I have a hang-up about buying it from a guy that calls it a "Deployment"

Or, I could go for the real deal, but it a lot of money just for the buckle. :?

I'm a sucker for this type of crap. My wife is always bitching that I can't settle for anything sub-par.

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
Don't waste your money on that cheap shit. You will always end up going back to the real one.

jb

Advisor
7/9/06
andreww said:
Don't waste your money on that cheap shit. You will always end up going back to the real one.

I would like to put a deployent on it to reduce the wear. I'm afraid that constantly pulling it around will make the stitching fray. I have the cheap one that came with the watch, but its a different style and doesn't snap tight. Did you check out the link to the gen deployent on eBay? I think she's asking way too much.