• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

MoonWatch Dark Side of the Moon V2

pixel_junkie

Renowned Member
28/1/12
Conus
Apologies in advance if this has been discussed. Do any of you know anything about that modified A7750 that is used in that watch. Is it any good? Has two stacked working second hands at 3 o’clock.

Matty369

Supporter
Certified
24/8/16
EU
It seems that they shaved off some thickness - V1 was 18.5 mm, V2 is 17.2mm. Gen is approximately 16mm, which makes V2 bearable considering thickness.
I cannot find any other improvement.
However, on Black/Black model bezel is left "rough" around numbers (at least according to pictures on TT website). I really hope that's just light trick because I cannot see that under different angle or on video.

Last edited:

webby48

Known Member
8/11/19
The description says it has functional subdials. From my untrained eyes, it also appears they could have the same spacing as gen. Would the only real tell on this thing be the extra thickness?

Flyin_gnome

13/12/18
Usa
They also fixed the missing dot above the 110 marker from V1 which besides the girth was the largest visual tell

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
OMF is in general trash, I would rather go gen than pay $600+ for their junk. VSF sets the bar for excellent quality vs gen for a good price.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: pretender

rabl253

Supporter
Certified
1/2/19
The DSOTM is one of the watches on my radar/wishlist, but 8k is more than I can stomach for the gen. I wish VSF did a convincing rep of this, there's no reason why they couldn't, it's not like the normal speedmaster where the dial spacing is always going to be screwed up unless they clone the gen movement, there's only two dials on it...

OMF is in general trash, I would rather go gen than pay $600+ for their junk. VSF sets the bar for excellent quality vs gen for a good price.

I seem to remember reading this from multiple people on the forum. What bad experiences did you have with OMF that caused you to have this opinion / why do they have such a shoddy reputation?

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
VSF don't make a moonwatch though...
Exactly. I wish they they did, I would literally throw money at them for days

On a side note, VSF makes the greatest Omega reps known to man, other than the Speedmasters, for some reason...

Last edited:

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
The DSOTM is one of the watches on my radar/wishlist, but 8k is more than I can stomach for the gen. I wish VSF did a convincing rep of this, there's no reason why they couldn't, it's not like the normal speedmaster where the dial spacing is always going to be screwed up unless they clone the gen movement, there's only two dials on it...

I seem to remember reading this from multiple people on the forum. What bad experiences did you have with OMF that caused you to have this opinion / why do they have such a shoddy reputation?
OMF has incredibly poor quality control, and the dial, movement and pearl for instance are completely off compared to gen in every case. VSF blows OMF away and sometimes for cheaper too. OMF is only known for making Speedmasters, which VSF does not make. That is the only reason why they are still in business. Of VSF made Speedmasters OMF would be run out of town

Reactions: saucin and XLR8R

SRBJKU

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/9/19
As a new guy here, I was rather surprised when I started looking for SpeedMasters that there are really no great reps of any version of the Moonwatch or even the pre Moonwatch SpeedMaster. I wish VSF would step in t this market, I do think they would sell well.

Armcandy

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
19/12/15
CONUS
Agree with almost everyone. This is one of my favorite watches, just cant justify the price tag to quality/ what is missing. I've been following it for years waiting for a good rep. OMF is $618 on intime...way too much. Keeping my fingers crossed that 2020 will be the year.

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

Potatoe

Looking Around
3/11/19
Is anyone planning to order one of these, I would love to see some real pictures.

Rex32

2/5/10
I'm following this thread intently, have wanted both a Moonwatch and DSOTM for ages now.

Reactions: ChronoMega

Watchloverz

23/6/19
EU
I've bought a V1 from a member last year. It's a great looking watch but the overall quality is not as good as my Seamaster.
It lasts 40 hours but recharges little (or not) by wearing it. The dial date is too deep, ...

The V2 looks better but the price is too high

katak

1/5/20
Hi, anyone got on hands this V2 ? only dot at "110" fixed ?
I love this watch... even if cost is high.