• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[MINI-REVIEW] ORF/GF Omega Seamaster 300m Blue Ceramic (+ Comparison with VSF) - Picture Heavy

A-wandererX23

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/10/20
Thanks. If it had a better looking case, I'd tolerate the inferior bracelet and go with VSF because of the dial color and bezel engraving. But those wimpy CGs are a deal breaker.

Yeah, the crown guard difference is huge on this one.

I get used to the darker shade on my ORF anyways haha but yeah. VSF blue is way nicer.

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
Not a fan of Omega to buy all of them hahaha.

TWF looks alright. I was thinking to get the white dial but this has too many flaws in my opinion.

Also, those puretime pictures I just saw look horrible.

$368 is pushing it lol.
So the best version would be a mish mash of ORF and VSF? Are you planning on doing this?

I'd buy the 2nd inaccurate version from you hehe

I'd love to have the white version but with all the imperfections previously highlighted, it makes me look the other way and get a speedmaster racing or a rep dress watch instead.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

GGEuroHEADSHOT

Renowned Member
21/8/21
Canada
Great review, lots of new ORFs out there popping up, this will help a lot of people. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A-wandererX23

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/10/20
So the best version would be a mish mash of ORF and VSF? Are you planning on doing this?

I'd buy the 2nd inaccurate version from you hehe

I'd love to have the white version but with all the imperfections previously highlighted, it makes me look the other way and get a speedmaster racing or a rep dress watch instead.

If you had the time and cash, Best would be

VSF/ORF Dial and VSF Blue Bezel Insert,

ORF Rest

But that would getting pretty expensive. You might as well buy a GEN at that point haha.

VSF White dial is the best for it. ORF and the other white dials look shit. Looks plasticky. I think ORF updated their dial recently but I haven't seen enough to judge.

Reactions: VC202FanBoy

MJH89

Deskdweller
Supporter
Certified
13/1/17
Land of Cream Teas and Roast Dinners
If you had the time and cash, Best would be

VSF/ORF Dial and VSF Blue Bezel Insert,

ORF Rest

But that would getting pretty expensive. You might as well buy a GEN at that point haha.

VSF White dial is the best for it. ORF and the other white dials look shit. Looks plasticky. I think ORF updated their dial recently but I haven't seen enough to judge.

The marker surrounds and hands look way too silver on the Orf unless it's just the lighting, but in the pictures of gens and vrf the hands and marker surrounds definitely look a darker shade of even black.

Kenny73

Horology Curious
9/3/22
Very nice review.
I've one questions about it. I see now there is a VSF V2 available, what was the version in this review?

Neptune22

Horology Curious
24/2/22
CONUS
Great post OP! Thanks for sharing this. Would you be able to talk as to the bezel action? I just received my gray dial from Hont and it is supposed to be a VSF. However the bezel clicks don’t seem right. Their too crisp and loud. I also have a sub from VSF and the bezel movement is smooth, great and just light years ahead of my seamaster. I don’t have a point of comparison for the sm as this is my first, unfortunately.

didjital7

Renowned Member
30/1/21
I have a blue vsf that I put an orf bracelet on. I used the vsf clasp. I think it is the best combo. I made a post about it somewhere in the omega section with a bunch of pictures.

connery77

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
16/8/11
Thread bump:
I just picked up an ORF Seamaster and the shade of blue is definitely darker than my VSF version. More like the previous non-wave dial SMPc. My question is which is more accurate to gen? Because judging by recent instagram pics, I could swear that either Omega darkened the color silently or suddenly everyone online is rocking ORF reps. And no, I'm getting them confused with the Bond 60th Anniversary version.

Last edited: