• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[MINI-REVIEW] ORF/GF Omega Seamaster 300m Blue Ceramic (+ Comparison with VSF) - Picture Heavy

A-wandererX23

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/10/20

Hi! I'll be reviewing this ORF Omega Seamaster that I have owned for a few weeks now. Having owned a VSF Omega Seamaster (Blue) as well. I can tell you my thoughts on both of these and hopefully help you make your decision on which is a better bang for your buck! Let's start my break down:

Watch Face and Dial
The Blue on the ORF is definitely a darker shade compared to my VSF. There is definitely a difference in color (especially in the Blue model) so I assume they are using different manufacturers.

Whether which is better for you is dependent on your preference.

I can say that the VSF Blue color is a lot more vivid and rich. The ORF has more of a darker teal shade. Personally, I prefer the royal blue of the VSF compared to the ORF.

Regarding the Lume plots, ORF is a superior white in every lighting condition which is a big improvement to the VSF which can appears slightly greenish/yellowish depending on lighting conditions.
I did notice some differences between the bezel numbers being thicker on the ORF compared to the VSF.

Under Sunlight:
My camera isn't picking up that well but under sunlight, my ORF has a darkish teal shade to it compared to my VSF which is just a vivid royal blue.

I personally say that the ORF shines well under indoor lighting:
The ceramic blue becomes more vivid and closer to royal blue shade. The whole ceramic blue becomes much nicer shade. Regarding the watch wave engravings, they are identical in both the VSF and ORF.

Watch Crystal
There is a slightly Bluish AR coating on my ORF. My VSF had a Clear/invisible AR Coating which closer to Gen in my eyes. Not the biggest deal breaker but something I noticed.

Bracelet
It's really great. The quality is way better than VSF. Way more comfortable. My VSF was a little sharp and uncomfortable after wearing a couple hours. ORF bracelet is also better polished, you can see that in the polished parts which has a more 3D effect while VSF is more flatter with sharper corners:
Watch Bezel

The ORF has a more solid feeling and tighter bezel with a LOT LESS Back play than my VSF. I hate back play with my bezels and my VSF had an extremely unsatisfying bezel action and became very loose only after a few weeks of use. This seems to be a common problem with VSF

Luckily, my ORF didn't have this and the bezel was extremely nice sounding (better than my VSF at least) and the bezel click felt more secure. At first, the bezel was a little tighter than I would like but after a few weeks. It loosened up and became more usable with a nicer bezel detent.

Watch Case Shape and Crown Guards
I'm no expert on crown guards and case shape but you can clearly see ORF wins. The crown guards on the VSF are too short while ORF gets much closer.
I would like to add, operating the crown on the ORF (both helium escape valve and normal crown) feel SO MUCH BETTER than VSF. It just feels great to operate albeit the hand winding is a bit noisy.
Rotor noise is pretty similar in both ORF and VSF.

Steel Quality and Finishing
I'm not sure why but I feel like this ORF uses better quality steel than my VSF. I've been using this for about 3 weeks and the steel is really holding up well. Minimal scratches and polished surfaces still look lovely!

Note: ORF has a thinner Omega Logo on the clasp compared to VSF

Movement Finishing on the "Co-Axial 8800"
As we can see, ORF is clearly closer to GEN than VSF. VSF finishing is way too shiny and looks like an oiled up body builder compared to the other. While the VSF is better to look at imho, it's definitely different from Gen. This is your call whether that's a good or bad thing.

The one thing I can say is that ORF had improved the balanced bridge and make it look way closer to GEN than VSF:
Sapphire Crystal Test
Real Sapphire on the Front and Back. Great news for everyone that loves sapphire!

Watch Movement Quality and Accuracy

Here's something to note, when buying these decorated 8800 coaxial movement, it's very important to know that regulating these are pretty hard. Since the levers are hidden, you need to lift the decoration up to regulate it so a bit of hassle.

Luckily, my dealer picked me up a good one with great timegrapher reading and good time keeping. My VSF was running at +7 seconds a day while my ORF is at +1.5 seconds a day

Rubber Strap
This was Free with my purchase, not sure why some TD's charge for it but I can tell you the quality is pretty good on the ORF. The blue shade is definitely a shade lighter than I would like but a nice plus side is that IT FITS EASILY. No bending or curved spring bars needed with my ORF strap, simple plug and play with this strap.

Attention to Smaller Details of this ORF:

Better Date wheel and Centering

Lume Plots seem to be flatter than my VSF and more accurate to Gen
My Nitpicks:
Bad Engraving on the back
My dealer showed me this in the QC but I GL anyways since I liked the watch overall and getting one of these was a pain due to shortage. The engravings on this are lacking unlike VSF which had great engravings.

Stiff Links
Some of the links were pretty shit and the screws themselves were pretty bad. Stripped some of them trying to remove it. You can fix the stiff links with some light sand paper to free it up but it should fix itself with use. I decided to leave it be.

FINAL THOUGHTS and CONCLUSION

Personally both watches (VSF and ORF) have their own strengths and weaknesses. There is no such thing as a perfect replica.

If you are more on the color of the watch and don't bother with the quality, VSF has superior colors compared to ORF.

If you enjoy the quality and finishing of a watch and the premium feel of a watch, ORF is just superior in my experience in almost every aspect to VSF and way more comfortable.

I can gladly say this ORF worth it for me! It's a great watch while colors may not be the best on the blue, the quality and feel will surely make up for it!

The Overall quality of my ORF makes my VSF Seamaster feel like a shitter.

I bought this for around $300 from my Chinese Dealer (Watch-VS) which isn't a TD here. Any TD here can get you this watch, just make sure they can since it appears they have a shortage of these. I don't necessarily recommend you get the strap since it's not the best color and if it's costing you like $88 to get the strap additionally, I don't recommend it.

I hope you enjoyed reading my review and learned something new.

Ecender

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
26/10/18
Miami, Fl
Thanks for the review, first time I hear about ORF. Seems like a strong contender to VSF.

lfarcos

Renowned Member
30/4/16
Thank you mate for the helpful review.

I would prefer the ORF one, no doubt.

Regards

keisuke_z

Renowned Member
22/1/13
Amazing review!! Thanks for taking the time to do it in such detail.

Rusty_Shackleford

15/4/21
Thanks for the review! I’m leaning hard to OR factory.

If only they had a brighter blue it’d be perfect. But alas such is reps. I don’t think the dark teal is terrible anyways.

Last edited:

A-wandererX23

5/10/20
Thanks for the review! I’m leaning hard to OR factory.

If only they had a brighter blue it’d be perfect. But alas such is reps. I don’t think the dark teal is terrible anyways.

Yup I agree on you. Personally, if you're looking for color accuracy on the ORF, I would go with Black. It's just a color they can't fuck up haha

Reactions: leo6929

numbpops

30/9/20
I've been seeing these ORF's pop up everywhere and was wondering all of this. Thank you for such a great side to side comparison! It really helps make that purchase decision.

Reactions: zinduna

Toksic

Known Member
25/10/18
Great read and quite tempted to order ORF myself but going for a white one.

A-wandererX23

5/10/20
Considering switching my order from VSF to ORF.

What is the consensus on the white dial version Seamaster 300m?

https://trustytime.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_66&products_id=22715

Have no clue on the current White Dial of ORF/GF but I can say old white dial was shit, looked like plastic lol.

I seen someone talking about ORF updating their white ceramic dial to be more accurate. Can't confirm but the pictures he showed me do look better than before. More ceramic like.

Toksic

Known Member
25/10/18
I wanted a white dial but then changed to black as that was the best of the lot. Should have gone for the blue one on second thoughts now …

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

tle

Horology Curious
14/9/21
College Station, TX
I apologize for the daftness of this comment (it’s my first), but where would I contact either of these sellers? I don’t see either VSF or ORF listed in the trusted dealers.

I’ve read several of the newspapers member guides/FAQs, but I feel like there’s something I’m missing here…

Ecender

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
26/10/18
Miami, Fl
I apologize for the daftness of this comment (it’s my first), but where would I contact either of these sellers? I don’t see either VSF or ORF listed in the trusted dealers.

I’ve read several of the newspapers member guides/FAQs, but I feel like there’s something I’m missing here…

Any listed TD would be able to offer you these models.

Reactions: tle

tle

Horology Curious
14/9/21
College Station, TX
Any listed TD would be able to offer you these models.

Great, thank you for the feedback! Yes, late last night I started figuring out that the TDs are different from the manufacturers... haha.

Is there a place that I can see a list of some of the more prevalent manufacturers (is that the proper terminology?) along with the names behind the acronyms y'all are using for them? I'd like to be able to see the models they produce and take a look at photos for scrutiny.

Toksic

Known Member
25/10/18
Great, thank you for the feedback! Yes, late last night I started figuring out that the TDs are different from the manufacturers... haha.

Is there a place that I can see a list of some of the more prevalent manufacturers (is that the proper terminology?) along with the names behind the acronyms y'all are using for them? I'd like to be able to see the models they produce and take a look at photos for scrutiny.

You asking for too much. Best suggestion would be to READ.. read and read more. Go through the new members section

Sent from the RWI App

tle

Horology Curious
14/9/21
College Station, TX
You asking for too much. Best suggestion would be to READ.. read and read more. Go through the new members section

Sent from the RWI App

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize that asking for clarification on the information posted on an internet forum was asking too much. I just assumed that if someone didn't find it worth their time to provide the requested info, they'd simply not respond. My bad.

As for reading - I have read most of the stickied posts in the new member's area. I still haven't found info about the factories/manufacturers that are mentioned here or where I can learn about those acronyms. I figured one of these posts might have it - maybe I am lacking reading comprehension:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...s-guide-on-how-to-find-the-best-replica-watch

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-faq/34902-forum-terms-abbreviations

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-faq/233990-guide-how-to-purchase-your-first-rep

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-faq/66103-compete-noobs-guide-to-buying-you-first-rep

I'm sorry if the time it took for you to read my reply wasted 14 valuable seconds of your day.

Toksic

Known Member
25/10/18

Sent from the RWI App

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
Thanks. If it had a better looking case, I'd tolerate the inferior bracelet and go with VSF because of the dial color and bezel engraving. But those wimpy CGs are a deal breaker.

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
incredible and valuable post OP! this wil be very handy for users to refer to
but a new player has entered the game! is it possible for you to have the TWS and compare it with the other two you got?

A-wandererX23

5/10/20
incredible and valuable post OP! this wil be very handy for users to refer to
but a new player has entered the game! is it possible for you to have the TWS and compare it with the other two you got?

Not a fan of Omega to buy all of them hahaha.

TWF looks alright. I was thinking to get the white dial but this has too many flaws in my opinion.

Also, those puretime pictures I just saw look horrible.

$368 is pushing it lol.

Reactions: jcagara08