• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Mini Review of VSF's Aqua Terra Worldtimer

shazer

Horology Curious
25/8/21
Nothing new to this thread but me too i have received my Worldtimer blue.
And if there is something im agree with everyone here, is that the picture never do justice of this stunning watch !
The ambiant light give a very different dial depending of the conditions.
For reference one of my pics is from gen in AD, really can't see the difference...

The last one is amazing with this strap !

Reactions: Marcu

Valaj

Known Member
15/3/23
Illinois
Nothing new to this thread but me too i have received my Worldtimer blue.
And if there is something im agree with everyone here, is that the picture never do justice of this stunning watch !
The ambiant light give a very different dial depending of the conditions.
For reference one of my pics is from gen in AD, really can't see the difference...

I compared mine to the gen and it's crazy how good the VSF is. There was absolutely nothing I could pick out to differentiate the rep from the gen!

Ramage

Horology Curious
6/5/12
Has anyone taken the plunge on going for a non blue edition? I'm drawn to the Black dial one but it seems they aren't quite as well made as the blue - is that consensus?

Marcu

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/6/23
Europe
I compared mine to the gen and it's crazy how good the VSF is. There was absolutely nothing I could pick out to differentiate the rep from the gen!

The only tell for me (excepte regulating pin on movement) will be the little color différence on USA part of the map.
Original is more green. But again, this part of the dial is 3mm...

Marcu

17/6/23
Europe
Has anyone taken the plunge on going for a non blue edition? I'm drawn to the Black dial one but it seems they aren't quite as well made as the blue - is that consensus?

Yes, the color is off on the map for the black edition. Green edition is fine.

Valaj

Known Member
15/3/23
Illinois
The only tell for me (excepte regulating pin on movement) will be the little color différence on USA part of the map.

Wow. I absolutely did not notice that. Thank you for pointing that out.

And yes. The screw in the back is different but on the wrist, one absolutely cannot see it. Haha. That's why I didn't mention it.

tbransby94

Known Member
10/1/23
England

Great catch, that’s not something I’d ever noticed.

kiasunkiasi

16/6/23
Malaysia

not sure whether each and every GEN dial produced by Omega will be having same colour etc., we might need to see more photos of GEN Worldtimer to be sure of that...

anyway, this is my VSF Worldtimer...

Reactions: john442

Marcu

17/6/23
Europe
not sure whether each and every GEN dial produced by Omega will be having same colour etc., we might need to see more photos of GEN Worldtimer to be sure of that...

Look more a N1F to me from the printing of datewheel and the map

Reactions: Ozgur85

Ozgur85

Horology Curious
21/11/23

Are you sure this is VSF? Mine is VSF and the map doesn't look like this. Especially the Seamaster writing.

Reactions: Marcu

Valaj

Known Member
15/3/23
Illinois
well, that's what the Chinese seller told me
you guys might be right
The 6 o clock marker also looks off. There's less lume filling in it compared to gen/VSF. And the date wheel number as well as the numbers on the 24 hr disc look very grainy. Mine don't look like that in photos.

Bananlaksen

26/1/17
I can just say having tried the genuine, the dial also disappointed me on the real thing. Somehow it has a hard time catching light and seems very bland and dark if not in direct light. Was about to pull the tricker on it but if the real thing is so bad...I dont want to try the rep

Ozgur85

Horology Curious
21/11/23
I can just say having tried the genuine, the dial also disappointed me on the real thing. Somehow it has a hard time catching light and seems very bland and dark if not in direct light. Was about to pull the tricker on it but if the real thing is so bad...I dont want to try the rep
Thank you for the info. I have the VSF rep. I like it very much but as you say, I have a similar problem. Please look at the image I attached. When the light hits the map at a certain angle, the map looks light blue which doesn't go well with the rest of the dial color. What do you think? Could it be the same with the gen as well?

Ozgur85

Horology Curious
21/11/23
I guess the gen's map doesn't look like this when the light hits it directly. I looked at the video reviews, it looks nice. It looks better. But you said when not enough light, it looks dark, isn't that normal? Can you share a photo of that?

Ozgur85

Horology Curious
21/11/23
Here is how the gen's map looks like when the light is direct. I guess there is a similarity.