• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Mini Review of RXF's 116610LN

Kayatsu1

12/10/19
If you have both in hands and turn them around you see the difference to the gen crystal. The gen one has a much better anti reflecting coating and better cyclops with a bit more magnification.
You can shoot photos where the RXF crystal looks as good as the gen if you have to correct light and reflection but in real there is a difference.
But I have to say that it is the bEst crystal from what I have seen compared to Noob and ARF, I don‘t have a ZZF.

I was honestly sure that RXF cyclop, although amazing, wasn't really gen spec. It's their first try after all.
Anyway, could you please tell us if the rest of the crystal (not cyclop) is as clear/reflective as gen or if it's milky? Thank you!

Last edited:

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Probably the nicest rep xtal we’ve had. You can still see it’s rep tho, there’s something about the shape of the outer edge of the cyclops on gen. when looking down on it, just seems a little more compact neater. And looks like it has a thick edge all around it. Hard to explain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ro13x

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
Certified
10/11/19
Europe
In my opinion the crystal is definitely not a game stopper it is the best stock crystal I have had on all my Sub reps.
No one talked about the date wheel till now! I think the date wheel is also very good on the RXF.

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
In my opinion the crystal is definitely not a game stopper it is the best stock crystal I have had on all my Sub reps.
No one talked about the date wheel till now! I think the date wheel is also very good on the RXF.

Thanks for the photos and information you shared. I can’t wait to see your RXF LV to gen LV comparison. Very excited to see the dial/bezel on the RXF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I thought the gen didn’t have any AR coating (apart from under the cyclops- hence reason for the black hole effect)?

This is correct. The gen AR can still be better than the rep AR, which is all that was said.

Koric

Known Member
4/6/18
Do I need to remove the bezel to replace the crystal with a gen crystal?

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
This is amazing this watch.i also really like the new vsf.116610 with the new insane vs 3135 will be the best ever sub c it's the same factory as rxf so the same case and bracelet but with the 3135 that takes gen balance with no mods plugged and play

Koric

Known Member
4/6/18
This is amazing this watch.i also really like the new vsf.116610 with the new insane vs 3135 will be the best ever sub c it's the same factory as rxf so the same case and bracelet but with the 3135 that takes gen balance with no mods plugged and play

Idk why but this seems like a paid comment. I trust you but everyone is gonna blow their load reading this. I'm glad I already put my vsf 3135 order in with trusty.

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
If Smoke says so, given all his experience, I trust him, because our seniors are more knowledgeable. Thank you for your opinion sir. I strongly believe the same :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
Idk why but this seems like a paid comment. I trust you but everyone is gonna blow their load reading this. I'm glad I already put my vsf 3135 order in with trusty.

I respect a skeptic but looking at the trends, smoke has endorsed subs from different TDs (vsf from trusty, noob v6s from angus, Etc.) which to me means that even if he’s paid, he is first loyal to finding the best sub

thinker1

26/11/17

He is getting one for himself at full cost. Without a doubt one of the most knowledgable member on the forum.

[mention]trustytime[/mention] you owe smoke at least a review unit free of cost for such high praise.

Last edited:

jodelaplaya

2/4/14

If the rehaut would be better or as the ZZF one it would be a really nice rep for the price. Maybe with the 3135 we will have some surprise (I really doubt about this but still..)

Edit : speaking of bracelet any feedback comparing to arf one or zzf ?

Last edited:

kk169

Known Member
7/1/19
Ha ha no I just saw a few that had the exact same serial number .I'm going to get one of these and compare to the zzf v3

This is going to be epic! Thanks you for doing this.

marco130

Renowned Member
29/2/08
kennygconspiracy thanks for the review. I pulled the trigger on this one shortly after you posted. I’m an ootb kind of guy. It was the first watch I’ve ordered since the pandemic. Whoof! Shipping was a different experience than it was in the past. It just arrived, resized and is on my wrist. I’m still not sure if I got all the plastic off. I thought ARF’s were wrapped.
I may start a thread detailing the path that it took to get here. Thanks for the evenhanded review and the confidence to make it happen