• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Memorable movie scenes 🍿

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
@DarioM6611 since you mentioned it a while back, thoughts?

DarioM6611

‘Good fences make good neighbors.’
Supporter
6/8/23
Italy
Romanticism, for me, it's a fundamental part of this story. And looking at the trailer, is present. Good. But the fighting scene are more violent, I believe because there has been a change in filming this scene, in the last twenty years. Also the look of Eric is different and it' s understandable. New generations, different behavior. Yes, you have reason, for us Brandon Lee will always be Eric. But I also think that a story like that is eternal, and probably there will be other films in the future.

Reactions: g00n

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
I didn’t even know this was in the works 😂

Reactions: DarioM6611

DarioM6611

Supporter
6/8/23
Italy
Really appreciate your new avatar @g00n!

An off topic news, but important for me and wanted to share.
I was waiting for the movie of Guillermo del Toro, that should be a mix of Frankenstein and The bride of Frankenstein. Now I have discovered that there are TWO movies with almost the same subject. The second one being directed by Maggie Gyllenhaal. Considering she is a brilliant, smart actress and director I am really thrilled. And a story like that, with a female point of you, it's interesting. The first picture of Christian Bale as the monster put on an high level my expectations. All right, back to the thread now.

Reactions: g00n

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Been just reminded of this one
trainspotting GIF by MIRAMAX

Reactions: g00n and DarioM6611

DarioM6611

Supporter
6/8/23
Italy
Been just reminded of this one
trainspotting GIF by MIRAMAX
Believe it or not, when I was young, in my neighborhood, there was a fellow, not really a friend, someone that I met sometimes and I was scared of ; he was exactly like the one portrayed by Robert Carlisle. A sociopatic, irrepressible guy, with the same story beyond his shoulder ( father alcoolist, mother depressed that committed suicide when he was about ten or so). Even the police was scared of him, because he simply didn't gave a fuck of anybody. He died about thirty years old, for heroin.

• Sad
Reactions: Feefo

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Believe it or not, when I was young, in my neighborhood, there was a fellow, not really a friend, someone that I met sometimes and I was scared of ; he was exactly like the one portrayed by Robert Carlisle. A sociopatic, irrepressible guy, with the same story beyond his shoulder ( father alcoolist, mother depressed that committed suicide when he was about ten or so). Even the police was scared of him, because he simply didn't gave a fuck of anybody. He died about thirty years old, for heroin.
Sad story, but there's people like that al right. Drug addiction is better than serial killing I guess...

DarioM6611

Supporter
6/8/23
Italy
Another off topic, sorry @g00n if I occupy this space but I don't know where to place it.
@C Master that fellow citizen of yours is my new best friend:

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Another off topic, sorry @g00n if I occupy this space but I don't know where to place it.
@C Master that fellow citizen of yours is my new best friend:

Good old Mick. His best friend lived across the road from me when I lived in Wexford. So I met him a few times.

Reactions: DarioM6611

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
My favourite film maker. Possibly my favourite film of all time. Hands down, one of the best final scenes from any film. He gives the audience what they want. Pure Clint class at its best.