• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Memorable movie scenes 🍿

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
@DarioM6611 since you mentioned it a while back, thoughts?

DarioM6611

‘Good fences make good neighbors.’
Supporter
6/8/23
Italy
Romanticism, for me, it's a fundamental part of this story. And looking at the trailer, is present. Good. But the fighting scene are more violent, I believe because there has been a change in filming this scene, in the last twenty years. Also the look of Eric is different and it' s understandable. New generations, different behavior. Yes, you have reason, for us Brandon Lee will always be Eric. But I also think that a story like that is eternal, and probably there will be other films in the future.

Reactions: g00n

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
I didn’t even know this was in the works 😂

Reactions: DarioM6611

DarioM6611

Supporter
6/8/23
Italy
Really appreciate your new avatar @g00n!

An off topic news, but important for me and wanted to share.
I was waiting for the movie of Guillermo del Toro, that should be a mix of Frankenstein and The bride of Frankenstein. Now I have discovered that there are TWO movies with almost the same subject. The second one being directed by Maggie Gyllenhaal. Considering she is a brilliant, smart actress and director I am really thrilled. And a story like that, with a female point of you, it's interesting. The first picture of Christian Bale as the monster put on an high level my expectations. All right, back to the thread now.

Reactions: g00n

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
Been just reminded of this one
trainspotting GIF by MIRAMAX

Reactions: g00n and DarioM6611

DarioM6611

Supporter
6/8/23
Italy
Been just reminded of this one
trainspotting GIF by MIRAMAX
Believe it or not, when I was young, in my neighborhood, there was a fellow, not really a friend, someone that I met sometimes and I was scared of ; he was exactly like the one portrayed by Robert Carlisle. A sociopatic, irrepressible guy, with the same story beyond his shoulder ( father alcoolist, mother depressed that committed suicide when he was about ten or so). Even the police was scared of him, because he simply didn't gave a fuck of anybody. He died about thirty years old, for heroin.

• Sad
Reactions: Feefo

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
Believe it or not, when I was young, in my neighborhood, there was a fellow, not really a friend, someone that I met sometimes and I was scared of ; he was exactly like the one portrayed by Robert Carlisle. A sociopatic, irrepressible guy, with the same story beyond his shoulder ( father alcoolist, mother depressed that committed suicide when he was about ten or so). Even the police was scared of him, because he simply didn't gave a fuck of anybody. He died about thirty years old, for heroin.
Sad story, but there's people like that al right. Drug addiction is better than serial killing I guess...

DarioM6611

Supporter
6/8/23
Italy
Another off topic, sorry @g00n if I occupy this space but I don't know where to place it.
@C Master that fellow citizen of yours is my new best friend:

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Another off topic, sorry @g00n if I occupy this space but I don't know where to place it.
@C Master that fellow citizen of yours is my new best friend:

Good old Mick. His best friend lived across the road from me when I lived in Wexford. So I met him a few times.

Reactions: DarioM6611