• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

May I inquire the Connoisseurs please: 15400 or 15202 ?

Adrenix

5/12/18
How much would that cost? I am starting to like the AP RO (after originally hating it!) and am thinking of taking the 15202 route over 15400 after reading this thread as I have small wrists (5 digit rolex sub fits a whisker large, but still looks good)

Phantomtech

I'm Pretty Popular
28/12/12
Having owned both I definitely prefer the 15202 but have to say the lume is a bug bear in certain angles / lighting. If you’ve got concerns about it before pulling the trigger, don’t go for it as they won’t go away. Re-lume however, bingo

I was actually concerned about the lume before purchasing, and seeing all the magnified photos didn’t help, I was planning on sending it in for reluming and AR job as soon as it arrived. But once I had the watch in hand I can honestly say it doesn’t bother me which is surprising because I’m usually very into these small details. I hardly even notice it anymore, the hour markers are just so thin and the lume part is even thinner that it just doesn’t stand out to me. I probably won’t even bother sending it in anymore...

Just my opinion...

Last edited:

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
I was actually concerned about the lume before purchasing, and seeing all the magnified photos didn’t help, I was planning on sending it in for reluming and AR job as soon as it arrived. But once I had the watch in hand I can honestly say it doesn’t bother me which is surprising because I’m usually very into these small details. I hardly even notice it anymore, the hour markers are just so thin and the lume part is even thinner that it just doesn’t stand out to means I probably won’t even bother sending it in anymore...

Just my opinion...

Should get it next week , but she is getting An AR job... so while at it why not relume it, but I will tell you my impressions when at hands. Thank you so much for your insights in any case you did sell it to me very well :):):)

jsbaker88

Known Member
3/8/15
I was actually concerned about the lume before purchasing, and seeing all the magnified photos didn’t help, I was planning on sending it in for reluming and AR job as soon as it arrived. But once I had the watch in hand I can honestly say it doesn’t bother me which is surprising because I’m usually very into these small details. I hardly even notice it anymore, the hour markers are just so thin and the lume part is even thinner that it just doesn’t stand out to me. I probably won’t even bother sending it in anymore...

Just my opinion...

Very true and I’m actually in the same camp. If I had easy access to a modder I’d perhaps consider it but it doesn’t bother me day to day... the counter is if you’re one to obsess over the finer details it may niggle at you

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
Some shots from this morning to confirm your decision :)

32a1545d9b1b83d8b02ccc13555f77c5.jpg

964f2655a58cf30c6b295bcf739d55f0.jpg

44d13629f46799f9fcefec4177e4dfc9.jpg

4467cf331beb8392d60717eafaa27fb7.jpg

ddb724826b43708927ed5e7eafa8640f.jpg

I LOVE that color. Kinda wish I’d gotten that color vs the blue dial I have.

I’m fairly new to APs but I’m LOVING my 15400. The only thing I would change is the size of it. That is why I’m considering the 15202. However, I HATE that it doesn’t have a seconds hand. That just bothers me for some reason. Maybe it’s because I’m OCD about setting my watch and if I didn’t see a second hand move, I’d be freaking out thinking it isn’t running.

Overall though, I kinda want a 15202. That grey one looks amazing.

Anybody wanna trade for a week or 2? Lol. I wouldn’t mind seeing how a 15202 looks on my wrist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
I LOVE that color. Kinda wish I’d gotten that color vs the blue dial I have.

I’m fairly new to APs but I’m LOVING my 15400. The only thing I would change is the size of it. That is why I’m considering the 15202. However, I HATE that it doesn’t have a seconds hand. That just bothers me for some reason. Maybe it’s because I’m OCD about setting my watch and if I didn’t see a second hand move, I’d be freaking out thinking it isn’t running.

Overall though, I kinda want a 15202. That grey one looks amazing.

Anybody wanna trade for a week or 2? Lol. I wouldn’t mind seeing how a 15202 looks on my wrist.

It is actually a blue 15202 :):) the lack of secs sweeps makes it even more appealing to me, that is Genta design to his purest form;)

Reactions: bc1221

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
Well. Either way, it looks great.