• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Major Williams' Collection Post - either a beautiful thing or a sad thing

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Thanks to all of the appreciation! I noticed the last time I updated was in March! Here are some of the other watches that have been through my collection since then.

ZyUgVp.jpg

^^ The new VRF Pepsi. I have plans (1) to keep this watch for awhile and (2) upgrade the crystal to a prof 2xAR.

ZmGaKk.jpg

^^ The ZF 116610LV Hulk. It's simply the best rep I've ever owned. I haven't owned the VSF, but I'd love to compare.

Za9bVK.jpg

^^ The AP desk clock. I love this piece and it sits on my computer desk.

Z18XU4.jpg

^^ ZF Vacheron Constantin Fifty Six self winding. A superb rep but the gen dial I got had major scratches so I walked away from this project.

Z18dQI.jpg

^^ Ulysse Nardin Le Locle Diver by unknown factory. Great rep, but ultimately too big for my wrist I think. And it overlapped for the same use-case as the Aquanaut which I prefer.

Zj0AtD.jpg

Zj02eY.jpg

^^ The spongebob project - Tiffany & Co stamp on the PPF v4 dial. An absolute beauty!

ZjlIuj.jpg

^^ A 1675 Milk blueberry. I don't think I gelled with the lugs or the color so this was a quick in and out one for me.

bgmrt.jpg

^^ One of my gems - a genuine 14790 blue dial by Audemars Piguet with a nicely serifed genuine date wheel as well. Placed in the BP 14790 case. A rare sight all around.

f7HqR.jpg

^^ The Breguet 5177 Classique with the blue grand feu enamel dial by FKF. They nailed everything about this watch - EVERYTHING (at least from the front and the sides). I just competed in the same space as my gen sector dial Patek Calatrava so I elected to keep that. I highly recommend this watch if you need a blue dress watch in your collection.

NhslJ.jpg

^^ The XF Vacheron Constantin Ultra-thin overseas 2000V. This is an excellent watch. I have it next to the BP Factory with gen dial 4500V overseas for comparison.

vG5ik.jpg

^^ Just an interesting photo comparing a 2xAR (the larger 15300 black dial) to a non-2xAR crystal (the smaller blue on the right). Big difference.

TMcrn.jpg

^^ A finished project - so earlier Legend installed all of the parts, but the crystal had some major dings and scratches. I sent it off to get a 2xAR from prof. The results (while not necessarily gen-like) are absolutely breathtaking.

ZhaFEQ.jpg

^^ A rose gold two tone Datejust by GMF. I ultimately got rid of this because my wife learned that she doesn't like two-tone watches haha.

Z1rXkk.jpg

^^ My 'working watch' for yardwork etc. A gen dial, gen date disc IWC that's waterproofed with a 2xAR.

Z1rpvs.jpg

^^ A new project, someone lost the click springs to the green factory 126610, so I ordered some and will try to fix this up for a gift for my bro-in-law.

ZmGmMJ.jpg

^^ An interesting photo comparing 2xAR (16800), no AR (16610LV Kermit) and ZF's new AR (116610LV Hulk). Same lighting, watches in different positions.

More to come later. I have more projects in the pipe!

watchoself

3/6/20
UK
Followed you from Reddit earlier in the year and have watched your 4500 with interest - love seeing the updates and evolution

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: McDuck888

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Wow mate! I'm out of words with these latest updates. Specially the AP desk clock is fantastic, where did you get that btw? And also the 14790 built is amazing. Would you mind sharing some more photos of it? How is the thickness of it compared to the gen (did you do any mods/thinning of the BP case. I know a lot of questions, only answer if you find the time :D It's just amazing to see these. majwilliams0308

museguy

19/10/12
Thanks to all of the appreciation! I noticed the last time I updated was in March! Here are some of the other watches that have been through my collection since then.

NhslJ.jpg

^^ The XF Vacheron Constantin Ultra-thin overseas 2000V. This is an excellent watch. I have it next to the BP Factory with gen dial 4500V overseas for comparison.

Dear majwilliams0308

Happy New Year !

Thank you for all of your work educating me on genuine and replica watches, very much appreciated.

Which do you prefer the VC 200V or the 4500V?

​​​​​​​Cheers

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Update time!

je0gp2.jpg

je0Gvi.jpg

Noob/IPK Blaken Daytona. Absolutely stunning piece I was lucky to snag just after noob was announced as gone. IPK did an excellent job modding this piece.

je0cat.jpg

VSF Starbucks 126610LV. Great piece! I held on to this for 2 days before moving on. Too similar to the Kermit I have!

je0JJF.jpg

je0bOp.jpg

ZF Vacheron Constantin Fiftysix complete calendar. Franken project. Installed a gen dial on this piece. Absolutely lovely.

je0xk5.jpg

VSF Hulk 116610LV. Going to hold onto this for a bit. One of the GOATs OOTB.

je00jb.jpg

je0F6X.jpg

Audemars Piguet 15300 genuine white dial. Ordering a BP 15300 to put this into. Got the dial for cheap!

je0f2c.jpg

My submariner collection at one point. Way too many (2 of them I am holding on to for a friend)!

je0NFI.jpg

VSF 226659. I was once opposed to this but now I think it is a sublime piece for weekend wear.

je0MOK.jpg

je0El4.jpg

AP 14790 Quartz dial project finally underway. I have a gen date disc that I've sent to a watchsmith along with the dial. Just waiting on the completed project now!

je07aj.jpg

BP Factory Rolex yellow gold daydate, coated by Flandad. A great color - done for a friend in the UK, but I was holding it for him so I got to take a peek at it!

je0sdv.jpg

VSF Rolex Yellow gold submariner, also coated by flandad. Same story - just holding onto this for a friend and I got to enjoy it temporarily.

je0uJ1.jpg

Audemars Piguet 15202IP, with midlinks polished per gen by backwoodsmods (jonj480). This is an EXCELLENT dressy piece, the polished bezel and midlinks has a very different feeling than the typical brushed look.

je0d6L.jpg

je04j8.jpg

Green vs PPF Factory 5712. The wrist shot is the PPF. They are the SAME dial! Breitlingboi on Reddit was kind enough to lend me his rare green factory watch for comparison. Great watch!

je0kuR.jpg

ZF Blancpain Fifty Fathoms Baracuda 40mm. GREAT watch, but it wore a bit thick given the smaller size. I wish it was a bit slimmer and I would have loved it. I consider the ultimate 'rubber luxury watch' that's a good replica to be either this, the Aquanaut or the VSF 226659. For me personally the 226659 is the best of the lot, which is hard to say as a Patek fanboy.

je0X2Q.jpg

IPK/Noob Factory Blaken Paul Newman heritage daytona. Phenomenal execution, but the dial felt 'small' due to the black minute ring. The other IPK I have in the beginning of this post is my Daytona that I am keeping of these two. Regardless this is such a fantastic piece, and quite rare as well.

je0PfS.jpg

BP Factory Patek 3800. Working on a Franken project for this potentially. I have a gen date disc, working on finding a cheaper sigma dial if I can find one, though it seems prices have inflated recently for this model.

je0ClW.jpg

ZF Patek Calatrava 5227J YG. Such a great 'honey' color from ZF, and it just feels great on the wrist too when wearing a tan/blue outfit. Highly recommended.

je0pWP.jpg

All genuine Vacheron Overseas dials for franken projects. Absolutely bonkers deals on these dials too.

je0QxJ.jpg

VSF Rolex 126619LB. Probably my favorite submariner of them all. Well executed by VSF as well, needs no 'high priority' mods OOTB.

je0Bdo.jpg

Ginault Ocean Rover with blue bezel and sand lume. Really enjoyed this piece, but I found I preferred my Rolex 16800 or Kermit more than this when I wanted the older 5 digit styling.

As always, more updates to come.

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
je0Bdo.jpg

Ginault Ocean Rover with blue bezel and sand lume. Really enjoyed this piece, but I found I preferred my Rolex 16800 or Kermit more than this when I wanted the older 5 digit styling.

kind of like this Ginault, how much are they going for?

Last edited:

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove
I think list is around $1,400. I got mine for $1,100. I've seen them as low as $900. Great watch!

Been conversing with John as I want to buy OR 2 with blue insert, no-date. Below is the pricing I got him last week. Hope this helps.

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove
Forgot to mention that Phase 1 is over, so the current pricing is based on Phase 2

sscarm

Certified
27/10/21
Amazing collection! Just ordered that VC FiftySix Complete Calendar, now waiting for QC :D

Vorenus

15/2/15
Holy moly my dude! Thanks for sharing this insane collection. You sure love watches : ) :thumbsup:

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Update time, it's been awhile:

jf6qGY.jpg

^^ ZF 5726 blue dial

jf6ops.jpg

jf6aVn.jpg

^^ ZF Fiftysix with gen dial

jf6mi3.jpg

^^ VSF Starbucks

jf6WkE.jpg

jf6A85.jpg

^^ AP 15300 from BP factory w gen white dial

jf6UY2.jpg

jf62Ap.jpg

^^ AP 14790 by BP factory with gen tropical dial and date disc

jf65zt.jpg

^^ All reference 14790 but different time periods

jf6LvF.jpg

^^VC Perpetual calendar ultra thin 4300V

jf63aX.jpg

^^ 4300v rep dial vs gen blue 4500V dial

jf6KFb.jpg

^^Nautilus Collection

jf6Hpi.jpg

^^ VSF Datejust stock

jfnVv1.jpg

^^ VSF left vs ARF right. Dial has better sunburst from ARF

jf6jJc.jpg

^^ 3KF 40th anniversary with BUFF anniversary font date disc

jfn0F8.jpg

^^ 3KF 5227J (plans for a franken here)

jf6ZkI.jpg

ZF (left) 5227J vs 3KF 5227J (Right)

jf6DO4.jpg

^^ VSF PAM 683

jfngzj.jpg

^^ ZF 15400 blue dial - one of the best replica AP dials I've ever seen

jfnJ6v.jpg

^^ GMF v5 pepsi with VR3186

jfnxAK.jpg

^^ 3KF nautilus with BUFF green dial and anniversary font date

jfnSlR.jpg

^^ VC overseas by BP factory with gen dial

jfnGaL.jpg

^^ (not mine, but photographed for a friend) John Mayer Daytona by Noob

WolfKissed

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/6/21
California
Amazing collection!! I spent an hour on your post and could spend many more im sure!

I love the depth of your collection. It’s like a well curated collection across the great brands.

Thanks for sharing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: majwilliams0308