• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Major Williams' Collection Post - either a beautiful thing or a sad thing

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
majwilliams0308 Amazing, really appreciate your diversity in the collection.

but let’s be honest, you wear your shark the most, don’t you? That might be the one that catches my eye the most lol

Haha that Shark watch is actually a really cool piece that gets the most attention (mostly because the colors are intended to do just that) but it's a great piece to throw on when going to the beach.

Photography skills over 9000

But do you wear your watch on the right or on the left wrist ?

Thanks man! I am a lefty so I wear my watch on my right wrist. However, with my DSLR, the trigger to take a pic can only be pressed with the right hand, so I am forced to wear the watch on the left (correct) hand when using that camera. It works out though because most people wear it on that side anyways.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Thanks man! I am a lefty so I wear my watch on my right wrist. However, with my DSLR, the trigger to take a pic can only be pressed with the right hand, so I am forced to wear the watch on the left (correct) hand when using that camera. It works out though because most people wear it on that side anyways.

i'm righty but i wear on my right since crib era

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Some updates to the collection:

1a5t8.jpg

1aeeR.jpg

1aA0L.jpg

1aHgW.jpg

Richard Mille RM035-02 by ZF. Feels a bit thick to me, I may move on from this piece but am awaiting different straps in the mail before I make that decision.

63R0K.jpg

63NP8.jpg

63EmR.jpg

63vgL.jpg

63u4Q.jpg

63syS.jpg

Genuine Grand Seiko SBGN003. The finishing is insane, however I REALLY dislike the curved sapphire crystal and the lack of microadjustment. My wrist is slightly too big for one fitting, and way too small for the next half-link size up. It's an impressive QUARTZ GMT with jumping hour hand - which actually I really like. I keep it on my desk while on COVID19 containment and it's a very reliable desk clock - I never have to wind it. I may actually put a prof 2xar crystal on this.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Some more updates. legend installed some parts including genuine dials, and thinning of 3 watches. The package came in last night. Tagging jm_brc_7057 because I know he is a fellow Vacheron fan!

1. Vacheron Constantin Overseas 4500V with genuine blue dial.
Notes:
The genuine dial I had previously was not shaved very low due to risk of the markers falling out. I had written it off as a broken build. Then a new genuine dial popped up on eBay, and because my old dial had been scratched, I saw this as an opportunity to try again. Legend was able to shave the new dial to be slimmer, and I found some extra hands from BP, so it was successfully installed. Legend did the following work:
- Service the movement (Miyota 9015)
- Shave and install new dial. He shaved it quite slim this time and did not have to bend the hands
- Shave and slim the case from 11.75mm to 11.03mm thick like gen.

6Ptgo.jpg

6PRtc.jpg

6P4MK.jpg

6PQmJ.jpg

6P6HY.jpg

2. Audemars Piguet 15300 by BP factory

Mods done:
- Install genuine black dial. Cost ~$900 for the dial.
- thin case from 11.5mm to 10.1mm. I chose to keep the movement decorations otherwise we could have got it to gen thickness of 9.4mm.

6PN5I.jpg

6PvTj.jpg

6Puo1.jpg

6PMgv.jpg

6PXNL.jpg

6tOSi.jpg

3. Audemars Piguet 14790 by BP factory

Mods done:
- Install genuine white dial (original cost ~$700)
- Install genuine date disc (Original cost I think was around $100)
- Chose not to thin the case due to not getting much out of it - was only going to be 0.3-0.4mm and it is already quite thin

6P704.jpg

6Pw18.jpg

6PTtQ.jpg

6Pr4k.jpg

6t63F.jpg

And here's the gang all together:

6Pp0W.jpg

Overseas is 41mm, 15300 is 39mm and 14790 is 36mm

Last edited:

BatJoro87

Known Member
22/6/17
@majwilliams0308 Insane collection really, you move that hobby to a different reality with your builds. I am curious how big is your wrist, 14790 fits pretty well. I always been tempted by 36mm ROs like moon phase 25594 or annual calendar 25920ST or tantalum versions, but my wrists is 7.5 inch and I am not sure how will work.

nennca

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/5/15
Holy Sh*t! Thats an incredible collection man! I don't think i would have been able to part with any of them lol., i like keeping all my watches but you've had so many it's impossible to wear them all. I currently own a Noob Yatchmaster, BP Seadweller, Noob Seadweller 4k V2, ARF Red Seadweller V3, Noob Explorer 2 ICHS, Noob Pam 243, Noob Pam 127 and Pam 351. Currently looking for the next one and deciding between ZZF Hulk, Yodog 1675 PCG or ZZF AP 15500, can't decide.
Anyways wow! Looking forward for more on this thread!

Riverwind85

26/4/18
Fantastic watches man! And you are amaste of finding dials! Thanks for sharing

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
The same inquisitive mind jm_brc_7057 recently asked me the same question... so naturally I went off to work it out and came back with a list of 91 watches (40 of which were Pateks).

I’m gonna try and dig up photos of all of them and do a post too... got time on my hands right now after all!

DC

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
The same inquisitive mind jm_brc_7057 recently asked me the same question... so naturally I went off to work it out and came back with a list of 91 watches (40 of which were Pateks).

I’m gonna try and dig up photos of all of them and do a post too... got time on my hands right now after all!

DC

Yes my friend!!! Your posts on RWG started me on my Patek journey, which led to quite literally everything else. I cannot wait to see your collection post. Please tag me when you get it up!

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Yes my friend!!! Your posts on RWG started me on my Patek journey, which led to quite literally everything else. I cannot wait to see your collection post. Please tag me when you get it up!

Will do buddy... I may have owned a few more than you but mine are spread over about 8 years, so you’ve certainly been a busy boy!!

DC

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Will do buddy... I may have owned a few more than you but mine are spread over about 8 years, so you’ve certainly been a busy boy!!

DC

HAHA he's been very busy om M2M!! Some watches have gone few days after he got them in :D

DC we're excited! Please tag me too. Would love to see your collection post. mmmmmmhhhh :p

shaidx

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/7/12
majwilliams0308 incredible collection!!! i should have never sold that VC dial to you :D :D. How did you manage to use a gen date wheel with your 1680 ?????

NF1965

I'm Pretty Popular
11/4/14
United Kingdom
I’ve been trying for the longest time to get hold of the ALS Saxonia moonphase. Like rocking horse do do!!! Really really want one if I can.
Was it the size that made you give it up?
Cheers
N

centrum

27/7/14
Very cool. I love how you picked not so famous models like the Breguet, Lange, Nomos and other few. These watches look really good up front, but I assume they are not nearly as close to the gen as the popular Rolex and Panerai reps.
What's your thoughts on the Breguet reps and gold reps? How close are the Breguet watches and how well did the gold watches hold up the plating? Thanks, awesome collection! Cheers.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Very cool. I love how you picked not so famous models like the Breguet, Lange, Nomos and other few. These watches look really good up front, but I assume they are not nearly as close to the gen as the popular Rolex and Panerai reps.
What's your thoughts on the Breguet reps and gold reps? How close are the Breguet watches and how well did the gold watches hold up the plating? Thanks, awesome collection! Cheers.

Thanks for the comment!

The FK factory version 3 rep is hands down one of the best NWBIG reps out there currently in Breguet world. It still has its flaws, and doesn't technically meet the criterion of the NWBIG list, but it does in my book. Particularly their enamel dials, but even the guilloche dials are well done. The date font, the finishing, it's all there (except way up close on macro).

centrum

27/7/14
Thanks for the comment!

The FK factory version 3 rep is hands down one of the best NWBIG reps out there currently in Breguet world. It still has its flaws, and doesn't technically meet the criterion of the NWBIG list, but it does in my book. Particularly their enamel dials, but even the guilloche dials are well done. The date font, the finishing, it's all there (except way up close on macro).
Thanks to you I'm checking out SS FK's Breguet models. I hope I can find one that I like and close to gen. Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk