• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Lmpo batch 3?

Sora

Renowned Member
18/5/12
Rk93X7V.jpg

batch 3 ? better?

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
As far as I can see the problems still persist, I'm not even sure if there is a true batch 3 out, looks like mainly recycled V2s still doing the rounds. A few eta versions appeared which were called "batch 3" but had similar issues as before and were being corrected 'inhouse' :) by the dealers.

The one Sora shows above is pretty good. One of the better ones around.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I dont think we will see a new batch until the old ones are gone...

So if they are not new ones at least it seems that they have fixed the issues at an acceptable level.

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
Whatever batch, its still not good enough. I can see the misaligned markers plain as day.

Not sure what batch. I will say this it rivals any Super Rep I have owned out the box. Bracelet is not correct construction, but the rest rivals ANY I have owned (I have owned nearly 50 watches so I have value added input here). This one Rivals my Noob 111 which was my favorite out of the box.

To answer the alignment question, if it is off it cannot be seen by the naked eye on the one I own.

This watch is better than any Omega Planet Ocean Rep I have owned (V5, UPO, CrPO Etc.) I say that because out of the box it passes for Gen in the areas that matter most Dial, Bezel, Crystal.

cubicle_monkey

13/10/12
Not sure what batch. I will say this it rivals any Super Rep I have owned out the box. Bracelet is not correct construction, but the rest rivals ANY I have owned (I have owned nearly 50 watches so I have value added input here). This one Rivals my Noob 111 which was my favorite out of the box.

To answer the alignment question, if it is off it cannot be seen by the naked eye on the one I own.

This watch is better than any Omega Planet Ocean Rep I have owned (V5, UPO, CrPO Etc.) I say that because out of the box it passes for Gen in the areas that matter most Dial, Bezel, Crystal.

Be glad you can't see it, to me its glaringly obvious and a complete eyesore and this is coming from your picture which is probably taken a few feet away from the watch.

Redxds

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/3/13

I'm having a hard time seeing the faults on this one. Maybe I just need an excuse. IDK I'm really on edge with this one. Should I still hold off?

Sent Via Tapatalk HD

replicawatch21

21/6/12
I am still holding off as hard as I can because this is just a beautiful watch once they made the changes.

BrentonJ

4/7/13
These still no good? I've been holding and holding off but I'd really like a simple divers watch.

Anyone buy one lately?

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
Be glad you can't see it, to me its glaringly obvious and a complete eyesore and this is coming from your picture which is probably taken a few feet away from the watch.

CM, I am not sure I see these "glaring" flaws. I think people are so focused on the alignment issue that they are seeing issues that don't really exist. The 12 marker on the gen always misaligned to me because the "1" is set at a slight angle so that the height appears the same as the 12, although it is a touch longer. I have seen members and even a couple of TD's try straighten our the one and it looks wrong--because it is wrong. When you check the alignment on the omega logo, you should check bit against the print below and the bottom of the 2 in 12. If it looks OK, you are good to go on the logo. The planet ocean dial is not intended to be a perfectly symmetrical dial.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
CM, I am not sure I see these "glaring" flaws. I think people are so focused on the alignment issue that they are seeing issues that don't really exist. The 12 marker on the gen always misaligned to me because the "1" is set at a slight angle so that the height appears the same as the 12, although it is a touch longer. I have seen members and even a couple of TD's try straighten our the one and it looks wrong--because it is wrong. When you check the alignment on the omega logo, you should check bit against the print below and the bottom of the 2 in 12. If it looks OK, you are good to go on the logo. The planet ocean dial is not intended to be a perfectly symmetrical dial.

Well said!

cubicle_monkey

13/10/12

The logo is fine on this one. Theres something else that bothers me just as much. The two is not straight at all.