• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Let's talk vintage Daytonas with TheSociety & Friends!

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
unnamed-1.jpg

In love ! congrats

gindiesel

12/10/20
Canada
Reactions: bhlegit

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Hi Everybody!

I was looking for a 6263 OTB asian venus 75 AKA St19 movement with 6 o'clock freezed and I've seen this on Trusty Time

https://trustytime.asia/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_103&products_id=2115

I was wondering if, for the experts, it is a good OTB daytona's rep because I've read 12mm thickness as per gen.

What do you guys think?
Well it depends on your expectations, the dial looks absolutely long on the first photo I saw. Personally I would buy Noob 4130 daytona (which I have), vintage you need to build them unfortunately. I would recommend builds that kilowatt and Yodog offers aa a compromise. But I wouldn't personally waste my money on these.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Reactions: topgun_88

gindiesel

12/10/20
Canada
Well it depends on your expectations, the dial looks absolutely long on the first photo I saw.

Good info, made me look closer and compare. Looking at photos of the gen, I see the logo/three lines is too big on this one. Is there one like the second one I posted with a correct thickness (and manual movement)? Don't really want to get into a build yet, but I have seen their FS threads with some impressive specs.

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Good info, made me look closer and compare. Looking at photos of the gen, I see the logo/three lines is too big on this one. Is there one like the second one I posted with a correct thickness (and manual movement)? Don't really want to get into a build yet, but I have seen their FS threads with some impressive specs.
I can't say I know much besides what DW used to offer (which was converted 7750 to manual wind with incorrect subdials position) or V72.

I know for sure there are no decent out of the box vintage Daytonas without at least modding the dial, hands, crown, case and pushers. Like I've mentioned above, I would buy a modded one than waste money on the out of the box ones unless you prepare to mod it.

Just putting into perspective of my thoughts, here are some of pieces in my collection.

Pls note: is not for sale as I get a lot of PMs on RG all the time, thanks for your interest.
0fa2225a93772cd86fa4510f8ff755fd.jpg

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hunvaakaren

12/6/13
If anyone is looking for a Daytona build, I have a complete franken kit for sale in the parts for sale section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mathisbou155

Known Member
5/6/19
Any one know if I can fit a valjoux 72c on a valjoux 72 case ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant RWI