• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Lets see your vintage watches

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
Kxa5Uj.jpeg

alligoat

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
17/3/06

This is an interesting watch- I picked it up on Chrono 24 for $300. It was a NOS S&T from the 80s. Solvil et Titus moved from Switzerland to Hong Kong in the late 70s early 80s and this watch is from that era. The dial's actually grey and my photo skills suck. Movement is the 2836-2 17 jewels eta- back when eta had a factory in China (don't know if they still do). I had it serviced and in the process my watchmaker tried to test for WR and in the process blew off the crystal and messed up the dial. So he had the dial refinished ($100) and in the process the refinisher added 'Swiss Made' to the dial. Also gone are the lume plots- he doesn't do reluming, but it looks as good as new. Alas, the case wasn't WR and when I mowed the lawn or did anything else of a similar nature, the case fogged up. So I picked up a $30 case and bracelet on AliEx and swapped in the dial and movement. So now it is good to go with lawn mowing but it has a case more apropos to a 116234 Rolex. Next up, I may try to put a 5330 tube and crown in the old case and see if I can achieve some WR with the original case.