• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Lets see your vintage watches

trash3939

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/10/19
KPSNrv.jpeg

KPSvS8.jpeg

KPSEeK.jpeg

Eunomians

Renowned Member
15/3/06
Golden Space-Age beauty humming along very very accurately since 1964 :)

Controlled aesthetics back then were quite unique and extraordinary.

The mechanical electric hybrid movement is still historically something to shake a stick at - it still offers deadly precise time-keeping.

IMG-4569.jpg

Avanti76

Known Member
16/2/19
I have been eyeing this one
Source?
EBay, mostly US, like this one.
This is Pulsar P2 1974, obviously gen.
But rarely Functional and usually requires repair. Also condition is seldomly perfect and glass gets chipped easily.
If lucky it is only the quartz to replace.
Worst case is ESD damage , you can forget repair.
Otherwise it could be wirebonds which broke on the main IC.
Wire bonds can be repaired (if not over molded or glued) but it requires some material and steady hand. 50% chance of succes.
P2 LED module are less easy to repair then P4 ones (later model, non dot led display).

LHOOQ

I'm Pretty Popular
4/4/09
Latest 6239 project returns from a week-long repair job. Both the chrono minute and second hands were resetting to zero, plus or minus 1-2 seconds. Also, swapped out the 7835 bracelet for this gorgeous Rolex ostrich strap that I bought off eBay for $87. (Yes, that was in 2011, but that was lucky cheap even back then!) The tang buckle is also genuine, and there actually are minor differences to the rep buckles available in most places.