• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Latest 3KF nautilus

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
Can someone tell me what the difference is between the PPF movement and the 3KF movement, I'm not sure of the difference between the cloned and the decorated versions.
thanks

PPF = Miyota 9015 with decorated plates with the patek markings. these are hairs thicker and the overall case if thicker than 3kf
3KF = 324 asian cloned movement. there are small tells like the weights on balance wheel.

longer term, miyota may be more reliable and possible to source replacement movement parts. unsure if factories will sell replacement movements or parts should something fail

Johnnyboy0

Horology Curious
5/2/22
PPF = Miyota 9015 with decorated plates with the patek markings. these are hairs thicker and the overall case if thicker than 3kf
3KF = 324 asian cloned movement. there are small tells like the weights on balance wheel.

longer term, miyota may be more reliable and possible to source replacement movement parts. unsure if factories will sell replacement movements or parts should something fail

Thank you.

critical_

Known Member
Certified
14/2/14

I have caught the modding bug. I pointed out some issues with the dial that was sent to me for QC (therefore it is not pictured) but I am hoping it gets closer. Dial color, marker lengths, etc. are all a challenge on this variant.

Reactions: j-mark and Pie

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
had several ppfs, several blue colored versions - got my first 5711 3kf a few days ago and have to admit: ootb its >ppf. i know its an unpopular opinion: i even prefer the dial (color). dw is also totally "ok" for me. i also cant remember that the ppf bracelet / overall built quality was much better.

Reactions: Swiss_goupil

Winni

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
🇩🇪

I really don't know why this watch haunts me so badly... sold my first white 3KF V2 with a flaw to a friend of mine.

So this is the QC of my second trial to get a flawless one ... I accepted QC it and it's on the way to me.

Now, 3 days later i showed it to a friend of mine and he now tells me that dial print is too far left below the 12h markers; so it is not centered...

Do you guys also see it that way?

Watchfan12b

Known Member
1/7/23
Bulgaria
Hi guys I am thinking of pulling the trigger with a 3kf nautilus, just haven’t decided if I will buy the ss or rg version. I saw in ctime website that for the ss version there is one with the 324 movement and one with the 330 movement. Which version is with the 324 and which with the 330. Also what are the differences between this two movements. And do you have aby idea if there is a rg with 330? Thank you in advance for the help!

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Hi guys I am thinking of pulling the trigger with a 3kf nautilus, just haven’t decided if I will buy the ss or rg version. I saw in ctime website that for the ss version there is one with the 324 movement and one with the 330 movement. Which version is with the 324 and which with the 330. Also what are the differences between this two movements. And do you have aby idea if there is a rg with 330? Thank you in advance for the help!
They are the same movement, the only thing that changes is the decorations

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
And are there visual changes between the ss with 324 and ss with 330 because there is quite some difference in the prices
Sounds like you have different watches in front of you - there are decorated 9015 miyota versions that look like a 324 calibre but aren‘t a functional clone. Just visually almost the same (but different).

Then there is the true functional 324 clone by 3KF which also comes engraved as the newer 330 calibre with a different rotor. Compared to the gen some bridges are not replicated 1:1 so the layout is the same as the 324 which isn‘t correct.
In this regard it makes more sense to opt for the 324 clone.

When it comes to the new 5811 or the olive green farewell 5711 then it would be period correct to go for the 330 as the gen only comes equipped with those.

As those tiny engravings are so small it really doesn’t matter - the overall finish isn‘t comparable to gen anyways even though it‘s nice for a clone.

Just pick what you like more and don‘t overthink your acquisition ;-)

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
3kf should update their 330 movement mechanically to have hacking capability just like the gen. The 324 movement, gen or rep, cannot be hacked. According to Patek Philippe, only a few 330 movements made it into the 5711 model, before the model was discontinued.

Reactions: Watchfan12b

Watchfan12b

Known Member
1/7/23
Bulgaria
Sounds like you have different watches in front of you - there are decorated 9015 miyota versions that look like a 324 calibre but aren‘t a functional clone. Just visually almost the same (but different).

Then there is the true functional 324 clone by 3KF which also comes engraved as the newer 330 calibre with a different rotor. Compared to the gen some bridges are not replicated 1:1 so the layout is the same as the 324 which isn‘t correct.
In this regard it makes more sense to opt for the 324 clone.

When it comes to the new 5811 or the olive green farewell 5711 then it would be period correct to go for the 330 as the gen only comes equipped with those.

As those tiny engravings are so small it really doesn’t matter - the overall finish isn‘t comparable to gen anyways even though it‘s nice for a clone.

Just pick what you like more and don‘t overthink your acquisition ;-)
Thank you for the info, that is what was interesting to me because I never had any watch without hacking and I still can’t decide if this will annoy me very much. Is there a replica if the new 5811?

Watchfan12b

Known Member
1/7/23
Bulgaria
Care to share links?
Yes ofcourse

This is the one with the 324

This is with the 330 clone.

Watchfan12b

Known Member
1/7/23
Bulgaria
3kf should update their 330 movement mechanically to have hacking capability just like the gen. The 324 movement, gen or rep, cannot be hacked. According to Patek Philippe, only a few 330 movements made it into the 5711 model, before the model was discontinued.
This is what I am waiting for a hacking clone movement from 3kf, then it will be only a matter of do I get the rg one or the ss 😂

Watchfan12b

Known Member
1/7/23
Bulgaria
Ooo my bad guys the one with the 330 is the 5811 rep do you think it is worth the higher price or the 5711 is the better one to get? I assume that the 5811 still doesnt have the hacking function?

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Yes ofcourse

This is the one with the 324

This is with the 330 clone.
Two different models, one is the 5711 and the other is the 5811, hence the $40. price difference.