• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

KW PAM382, Details = PERFECT?

D

d4m.test

It looks like a major challenge was overcome with the color of the bronze alloy. BUT... And to me this is a pretty big but...

the metal hour markers on the bezel are too big and the minute dashes between 12 and 3 are incorrect. That bezel needs improvement! Also yet to be seen is the knurling on the side of the bezel. Most makers have failed to get this part correct.

I'd also like to see that shade of green on the dial in natural light.

D

d4m.test

This is good news. Hope it comes nicely assembled with a reasonable price.

GBOGH

I'm Pretty Popular
24/8/10
AS we know , Air oxidation test and Sweat corrosion test cost long time .

we have more than 20 material for test ,

here are 5 picture for different material case testing .

Photo by ??

So the ones above are going to be metal alloy tested to prove they are bronze? A XRF analysis metal alloy test does not take a long time like an "Air oxidation test and Sweat corrosion test" and is just a bit more accurate in determining if actually bronze metal.

Do you have an estimate for when the metal alloy test results will be provided?

:popcorn:

thefever

Renowned Member
29/4/13
the metal hour markers on the bezel are too big and the minute dashes between 12 and 3 are incorrect.

Yeah there's something off about that bezel regarding these two points. Very inaccurate that it screams rep right away.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
So the ones above are going to be metal alloy tested to prove they are bronze? A XRF analysis metal alloy test does not take a long time like an "Air oxidation test and Sweat corrosion test" and is just a bit more accurate in determining if actually bronze metal.

Do you have an estimate for when the metal alloy test results will be provided?

thefever

Renowned Member
29/4/13
The hash marks between 12 and 3 o'clock. They just look a tad to thin and a tad too long. Like that picture of the mockup, it just doesn't look right.

thefever

Renowned Member
29/4/13
For a rep like this, I'd be more concerned about the details and getting them perfect as opposed to the color. If the makers actually sourced CuSn8 bronze like gen, then patina and color shouldn't even be a topic of discussion.

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
So you think the 382 could be made of brass instead of bronze?

GBOGH

I'm Pretty Popular
24/8/10
I said IF.

I was implying that IF in fact they did use CuSn8 from the get go, there wouldn't be any need for patina/corrosion/sweat testing.

There in lies the erroneous logic. There is no IF in the reality of this equation.

thefever

Renowned Member
29/4/13
Wait what's your stance on this? Did they or did they not?

Im saying they didn't.

bradj

I'm Pretty Popular
21/7/12
I just can't fathom a reason they wouldn't use a form of bronze. Its not like this bronze alloy is really any more expensive than brass.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
This is one of the most interesting releases of last years and KW watch looks promissing

People are waiting for this watch in real bronze some years ago

At this moment, before a more detailed review, we would need to know, through a analysis chart, the real chemical composition of the case metal in order to see if it is real bronze CuSn8 like gen. No need of complicated tests just an chemical analysis

Another interesting matter is the bezel accuracy, working and KNURLING

ALE