• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

KERMIT JF 16610LV MODDED, AFTER-BEFORE

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Can't wait to see the thread JF vs Gen?
Definitely looks better with the crystal change and DW..Late serial LV 16610 had AR crystals.
Congrats
This ain't a late serial this is m serial 2008
But some people prefer the black hole look and there's nothing wrong with customised watches within reason.adding ar xtal to watches that dont have it is an upgrade I guess but I personally like to stay period correct but that is just me lol
Some owners ask rsc to put ar xtal on there non ar watches at service time.II'm not sure if rolex allow this but ive heard about people asking

Mr Smith

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
11/3/17
This ain't a late serial this is m serial 2008
But some people prefer the black hole look and there's nothing wrong with customised watches within reason.adding ar xtal to watches that dont have it is an upgrade I guess but I personally like to stay period correct but that is just me lol
Ooh wow its a M serial? I thought it was a V serial?...My bad.. still though gen owners send there subs to RSC all the time and they change the crystal to a service AR one. So it still makes since to have a AR crystal on older 16610.
What you think about the Rehault Smoke?

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Ooh wow its a M serial? I thought it was a V serial?...My bad.. still though gen owners send there subs to RSC all the time and they change the crystal to a service AR one. So it still makes since to have a AR crystal on older 16610.
What you think about the Rehault Smoke?
The rehaut is garbage and ruins the watch completely. The rehaut must be sanded off then given the satin finish .if it didn't have the silly poorly done rehaut print it would look pretty much gen with a gen xtal and datewheel installed

Btw v serial is also 2008 with rehaut engraving but still shouldn't have ar xtal
But I have seen 1 or 2 v serials with ar tbf.I'm assuming the owner added the xtal themselves

Mr Smith

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
11/3/17
The rehaut is garbage and ruins the watch completely. The rehaut must be sanded off then given the satin finish .if it didn't have the silly poorly done rehaut print it would look pretty much gen with a gen xtal and datewheel installed

Btw v serial is also 2008 with rehaut engraving but still shouldn't have ar lec xtal
I guess the Rehault don't bother some.
Me being the purists that I am. It bothers me. I ask you that question because I knew you give a honest opinion. Looks like the old Euromariner to me..lol
But I don't want to steal anybody's thunder here. If there happy that's all that matters.
Wear it in good health brothers . Enjoy life!

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
I guess the Rehault don't bother some.
Me being the purists that I am. It bothers me. I ask you that question because I knew you give a honest opinion. Looks like the old Euromariner to me..lol
But I don't want to steal anybody's thunder here. If there happy that's all that matters.
Wear it in good health brothers . Enjoy life!
Yeah everyone knows the rehaut is bad including jf himself.but the watch is good very good.just need to make the watch a y serial and add a flat 4 insert or something and leave the rehaut engraving out unless they get the correct machine to engrave like bp factory has got

jeff10251970

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/10/16
Great to hear! I ordered both a JF LV and a gen sharky insert, so that's the part I'm most nervous about. :)

One of the big fusses about the JF version is that it's missing a gasket and the groove for the gasket; since you have it in and and you're a modder, do you have any idea how difficult it would be to put a groove in for the gasket?

Do you have a link to that gen sharky insert? Thanks

Maverick107

Horology Curious
3/3/17
Ah ok!!!
No need, but can be done on the lathe
You can add, But already with a gasket for crystal crystals, okay, because it has a good pressure

Are you saying that there isn't really a need to add this o-ring on the retaining ring, because there is already a gasket on the crystal that holds good pressure?

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
I'm one that likes the AR and the LEC. Every watch I get I upgrade to it. I think only my 16800, which came with the crystal when I brought the real case, is the only sapphire crystal Sub I have with out LEC. When I built the 16520 I got a new LEC crystal too come to think of it. The AR is cool with the cyclops giving that black hole effect and a blueish tint. Like said. Its a personal preference.

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
I'm one that likes the AR and the LEC. Every watch I get I upgrade to it. I think only my 16800, which came with the crystal when I brought the real case, is the only sapphire crystal Sub I have with out LEC. When I built the 16520 I got a new LEC crystal too come to think of it. The AR is cool with the cyclops giving that black hole effect and a blueish tint. Like said. Its a personal preference.
Yup

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
This is beautiful. I've got a gen LB sitting here too and am itching for something to put it on...

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
ar was added in late 2009/10 random serial 16610lv/ln
So if you see a Kermit from 2008 or earlier with ar xtal it was added by the owner.

Sure Smoke , theren't no doubt.
I kidding with Rolly.
M serial is 2007/2008 years.
So the owner had changed the xstal

Regard

Junio M.

Sent from the RWI App

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
Tomorrow will be mine ! [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji8]

@Johnny Depp , you're the best modded than I know. Again tx for your patience and great work.

With respect

Your Bro Junio M.

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando RWI

kcireseals

Renowned Member
12/10/14
France

Btw v serial is also 2008 with rehaut engraving but still shouldn't have ar xtal
But I have seen 1 or 2 v serials with ar tbf.I'm assuming the owner added the xtal themselves

@smoke :Thanks for your knowledge, Do you know if the M series exists Without Rehaut engraving ?