• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

KERMIT JF 16610LV MODDED, AFTER-BEFORE

atgm

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
21/11/15
@Johnny Depp Please see this picture to see what I'm talking about. The JF LV does not have a gasket OR groove. How hard would it be to add the groove?

qDh1Neb.jpg

Letmeinplease

30/8/16
@Johnny Depp Please see this picture to see what I'm talking about. The JF LV does not have a gasket OR groove. How hard would it be to add the groove?

qDh1Neb.jpg
I don't what the fuss is about with this, is a bazel retainer not about £/$40 from WSO ? With the seal ?

If you're going to the extent of changing the xtal surely you can just change it ?

atgm

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
21/11/15
I don't what the fuss is about with this, is a bazel retainer not about £/$40 from WSO ? With the seal ?

If you're going to the extent of changing the xtal surely you can just change it ?

I'm not changing the crystal, just wondering about his thoughts on the retaining ring since he's a modder.

Johnny Depp

WATCHMAKER
Gold Patron
Certified
30/12/14
ITALY

qDh1Neb.jpg
Ah ok!!!
No need, but can be done on the lathe
You can add, But already with a gasket for crystal crystals, okay, because it has a good pressure

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
@Johnny Depp , maybe this Kermit it's mine ? :D :D
Amazing modding my friend ! With Genny Xstal and Genny DWO the watch is very very close to Genny.
The SEL also is fantastic !
Hey , @Johnny Depp , my wrist burn ! :junio: :fuelfire:

Junio M.

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
Mate
I expect a nice Thread with Genny vs Reppy.
I'm sure I would do something fantastic.
My only small doubt is the color of the green metallic bezel.
I know there are 3/4 green colors , changed over the years.
If you do this Thread , and I'm sure you will do it because you're a "myth" , we'll see the differences..... ;)

Regard

Junio M. :junio:

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
I'm jelly of your gen 16610lv thats just beautiful. Why did you put an ar xtal on the jf?rolex did use ar lec xtals on late random serial 2009/2010 16610lv and 16610ln so I guess you just prefer the black hole look right?
Can you do a gen vs rep post with clear pics cheers mate

Randzzz

16/9/10
@Johnny Depp, great comments. Will you please measure the crown guards? They look a bit short compared with gen or TC.

Johnny Depp

WATCHMAKER
Gold Patron
Certified
30/12/14
ITALY
Mate
I expect a nice Thread with Genny vs Reppy.
I'm sure I would do something fantastic.
My only small doubt is the color of the green metallic bezel.
I know there are 3/4 green colors , changed over the years.
If you do this Thread , and I'm sure you will do it because you're a "myth" , we'll see the differences..... ;)

Regard

Junio M. :junio:

Yes friend, gen vs rep
I will do a theater in collaboration with
@federik91

In waiting other Pics

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
I'm jelly of your gen 16610lv thats just beautiful. Why did you put an ar xtal on the jf?rolex did use ar lec xtals on late random serial 2009/2010 16610lv and 16610ln so I guess you just prefer the black hole look right?
Can you do a gen vs rep post with clear pics cheers mate

If I don't remember badly , the latest 16610LN references came with the anti-reflection Xtal and BH Cyclop... The M serial is of 2007 year. This has a serial M....and can't fit a BH sapphire.
However ,the latest 16610LV series was released in November 2010.
Then Kermit at the end of it's production had anti-reflection crystal and B. Hole Cyclop.
Maybe also in 2007/2008 is possible find a Kermit with different Sapphire Crystal..... :)
Rolex it's strange..... You remember the latest 3186 and the new 3187 fitted in the old references ?
Many GMT 16710 and Explorer II fitted inside a 3187 with Parachoum Bleau Spiral.
So , it's possible than a Kermit have a BH Cyclope.
Rolly it's like the FIAT Cars.....Hehehehehehehe....a big factory with many pieces by day.

Regard

Junio M.

WatchestoPlay

Timelord
12/8/16
Great to hear! I ordered both a JF LV and a gen sharky insert, so that's the part I'm most nervous about. :)
I can't wait to see that installed!
Where did you get your blue insert? I'm looking to buy a gen LN insert for mine.
Thx

riphonda

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/3/17
Nice work JD, i have been admiring your pieces for sale and work since joining and am in awe at how busy you are with this hobby. Is it easy to acquire the gen date wheel and crystal? Looking mighty fine btw!

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
If I don't remember badly , the latest 16610LN references came with the anti-reflection Xtal and BH Cyclop... The M serial is of 2007 year. This has a serial M....and can't fit a BH sapphire.
However ,the latest 16610LV series was released in November 2010.
Then Kermit at the end of it's production had anti-reflection crystal and B. Hole Cyclop.
Maybe also in 2007/2008 is possible find a Kermit with different Sapphire Crystal..... :)
Rolex it's strange..... You remember the latest 3186 and the new 3187 fitted in the old references ?
Many GMT 16710 and Explorer II fitted inside a 3187 with Parachoum Bleau Spiral.
So , it's possible than a Kermit have a BH Cyclope.
Rolly it's like the FIAT Cars.....Hehehehehehehe....a big factory with many pieces by day.

Regard

Junio M.
ar was added in late 2009/10 random serial 16610lv/ln
So if you see a Kermit from 2008 or earlier with ar xtal it was added by the owner.

Mr Smith

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
11/3/17
Can't wait to see the thread JF vs Gen?
Definitely looks better with the crystal change and DW..Late serial LV 16610 had AR crystals.
Congrats