• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Just got my "UPO" from MR, and I have a few questions.

quiksilver6184

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/11/10
Hey guys,

Well, I just got my first "high dollar" replica; an Omega Seamaster "Ulitimate" Planet Ocean from Marvelous Replica. It is very nice, but I have a few questions.

First off, this is how it arrived:
IMAG0002.jpg

It screws right back on, but is that how the HE valve usually works? It looks like it is broken off, but I wanted to ask you guys first before I took it to MR.

The second is the clasp. I thought on the UPO, the Omega markings were supposed to be engraved. Mine are laser etched on. Again, this is my first expensive rep, I just want to make sure I got what I paid for.

There are a few more things I want to ask, but I will just leave you guys with these questions for now.

Thanks in advance,
Neil

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
The HEV should not come off like that.
Can you lost a picture of your clasp?

quiksilver6184

7/11/10
Yeah, here you go. Sorry for the crappy EVO pictures, but its the best I have at the moment. That is the only picture angle I could get to show the markings clearly.

IMAG0004.jpg

My other question was, or its more of a statement I guess. I am pretty sure there is no AR on my crystal. I have turned it every angle I can think of, and there is not a sign of blue tint anywhere.

dustin

Renowned Member
7/6/10
Can you post the QC pics from MR? Those are usually pretty good quality.

quiksilver6184

7/11/10
Sure, here they are:
2.jpg

1.jpg

5.jpg

By the way, I just got this email back from them. You can read my original email to them below it:

The HE valve appears to be broken,
The HE Valve is very tight on the watch. Why did you try that?
It won't come off itself for sure since the only way to open it is through the inside of the caseset. There is a screw which tights the HE Valve.
We need to open the caseset first and get the movement off the caseset. Then you can try to tear the HE Valve.
So there will be repaire if it's broken.

the markings on the clasp are laser etched instead of engraved,
Pic 5 is for the engravings for another buyer. The clasp is like that from the maker. So no solutions for this problem.

and there is no AR on the crystal
The QC pic that I sent to you shows the blue AR clearly. It's your problem if you cannot see AR on the crystal.

2011/4/21 Neil Hoggard <[email protected]>
Hi,

I just got my watch in today, and it is very nice. Thank you so much for your extremely fast service and shipping. However, I have a few questions. I created a thread on RWI because I wanted to get their opinion before I contacted you. Here is the thread:

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/just-got-my-upo-from-74954

As you can see in the pictures, there are few issues. The HE valve appears to be broken, the markings on the clasp are laser etched instead of engraved, and there is no AR on the crystal.

Please let me know how you guys can fix this.

-Neil

kohanjj

21/6/10
If you're CONUS, and don't want to deal with sending it back, I have a spare engraved UPO clasp that you can have, just PM me your mailing address and I'll get it posted to you this weekend.

Jim

quiksilver6184

7/11/10
Thanks man, I really appreciate that. I can paypal you a few bucks for it if you want.

The etching on the clasp isnt really what bothers me. The HE valve being broken off when I opened the package, and no AR are the real problems. I really wasnt expecting them to answer back as hostile as they did.

kohanjj

21/6/10
No worries, glad to help a fellow out!

I agree the tone of the reply email was a little surprising; never dealt with MR, so can't say if that's they way it is or not, but apparently that's the way it is in this case.

PM me if you need that clasp, will set it aside for you until I hear otherwise.

Good luck getting this resolved.

Jim (kohanjj)

automatics

4/11/10
the markings on the clasp are laser etched instead of engraved,
Pic 5 is for the engravings for another buyer. The clasp is like that from the maker. So no solutions for this problem.

The other buyer in question for whom the engravings were custom made.
is probably Daniel Craig.

tokeyx

27/3/11
I'm a little surprised how harsh the email is. I haven't had that experience at all dealing with our trusted dealers when things don't go perfectly. I'd probably send it back to be fixed, and since that's their attitude moving forward I would find another trusted dealer who will treat you better after the sale.

The AR on my UPO wasn't really what I expected, so I'm sending it to VAC for AR, Lume, Service and Timing Regulation. The AR component was only $105, so you might want to consider that if you want it to be factory perfect.

Snpr9696

I'm Pretty Popular
Trusted Dealer
26/5/10
Wow, that was a hard email. I was at timEs thinking of making a purchase from them but after, this no way. I see no reason for me to go anywhere else other then Lay. Nice gesture on the clasp offering. Great people on here. Deserving of some rep points.

brackdaddy

Known Member
7/10/09
Have you discussed with any of the admins? Get one of them involved and I bet this gets solved pretty quick. Thanks for posting, it gives us an idea of the service we could expect from these guys.

quiksilver6184

7/11/10
Thanks for the kind words of support, guys. I have pm'd one of the admin on here and am waiting to see what they can tell me

quiksilver6184

7/11/10
The other buyer in question for whom the engravings were custom made.
is probably Daniel Craig.

Doesn't this statement also show that they are intentionally misleading customers, by showing pictures that are not of what they are selling?

The English Hacker

8/3/11
My next watch won't be from them either if that's how the answer customer concerns.

I'd like to know why they think it's OK to show watch details that are different from what they actually sell.

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
Another staff member and I are inquiring into this situation with MReplica. My main concern too, is about the pictured clasp, whether it came from the watch sent or another watch. MReplica was the first dealer we had on this board to make it his policy to send pictures of watches before they get sent, and this (the question of whether the watch pictured was the watch sent) has never come up before.

As to whether he can be relied upon to answer questions from customers courteously, I can assure you that it's not typical for him to reply in this tone. I'm not sure what's set him off in this case, but it's definitely an aberrancy. I wouldn't let it scare you away from ordering fron him.

More details as they become to light.

Edit to add: I've heard from MR. The clasp question was a bit of a misunderstanding. He sent a picture of another clasp to show him that what he was getting was the same thing as what all of the other buyers have been getting. MR is *not* sending out "stock" pictures of parts to mislead buyers.

I also have more of an understanding of the reason for his tone. Knowing that the HE valve was intact when he shipped the watch, he does not feel that it's likely that it broke off in shipping when there is no other evidence of damage to the watch. He feels that it's more likely that the buyer damaged it himself. The buyer has also asked for a new clasp and a new crystal, neither of which are faulty (the AR reflection is present, although it may not be strong), so MR is feeling that he is being a bit unreasonable.

MR is willing to give the buyer the benefit of the doubt and to repair the damaged HE valve for him, free of charge. The buyer will need to send the watch back at his own cost. This is standard procedure for all of the dealers, even if the buyer has not been at fault. They are willing to ship the replacement HE valve to the buyer, if he would prefer (they have already ordered it), but if they do that, the buyer will have to pay for a local watchsmith to do the repair, and they are *not* expected to cover that expense for him.

The English Hacker

8/3/11
I'm asking just because I'm a noob - does the UPO have a laser etched or engraved markings then?

Isn't this engraved?

201104161255087655.jpg