• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Just announced AP 15550 37mm

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Looks better on trusty's pics. Seems to a fantasy hybrid with some elements of a 15450 and a 15550

It's 15450.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Sorry, I meant my previous comment for this.

e1phantom

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
I would love to get that 15450 if you ever consider it please keep me in your thoughts , tried to look for some in the sales section cant find anything interesting so far …
I bought two - blue and white dials - when I heard JF was stopping production. They will likely be keepers! Major is selling one with a gen white dial.

Moe1337

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/11/22
USA
I bought two - blue and white dials - when I heard JF was stopping production. They will likely be keepers! Major is selling one with a gen white dial.
I know i contacted him but the price is off my reach unless he accepts payments 😅 but mainly i was lookin for blue i sent a msg to legend didnt wanna bother him with stuff like that but maybe he can help me find one

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Got QC for the B7F model. Laugh my ass off. They have like a horrible dial on this. Everything is wrong.

Here is the reference.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Got QC for the B7F model. Laugh my ass off. They have like a horrible dial on this. Everything is wrong.

Here is the reference.

Haha, the dial is actually correct for 15550 and quite good. Congratulations.

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
The dial does have some sunburst effect on it which is good, not matte like on some Royal Oaks. The gap between the bezel and the sloping edge of the case looks a bit longer when compared to the gen IMO.

Congrats.

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
B7F has 10.4mm thickness instead of 9mm, that might be the killer for me

e1phantom

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Yes, but we're discussing the AP 15550 in this thread. The gen 15450 is 9.8 mm, so your JF 15450s is .7mm thicker which is not bad IMO.

I didn't realize the 15550 was that much thinner than the 15450, but it looks like the 1550 is about 1mm thinner than the 15450 (15550 8.9mm vs 15450 9.8mm). I thought they were similar, so I thought I'd throw in the thickness of my 15450.

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Was thinking of doing a small comparison review of the B7F and JF 15450 first but nah, just some quick thoughts here. Yes I know this is a 15550 thread but think this might interest you as well.

For every so called Reddit/RWI-experts saying this is a "Ali express-shitter" after seing a few pics I could not agree less.

This might be the 15450 ever made imo (they actually do a 15550 as well but I prefer this).

I don't do macros as noone can se it anyway. In comparison pics I have the B7F to the left and JF (best/old version) to the right that I was lucky to get.

The last JF batch had far, I mean FAR to bright blue color on the dial so don't get this if you want genlike.

The printing on the B7F is much superior to JF. Very white and crisp when JF is a bit weak/dull, almost transparent.

My JF is old so maybe it have looked better but the brush finnish on the B7F is otherwise better.

The datewheel on the B7F is not the best, especially on the 2-9 numbers, they are too wide and generic. JF wins there but that's a small issue irl.

The AP-logo on the dial I will let be untold. The JF has a very genlike one. B7F AP logo I've seen on renders (not real life pics) so cant say for sure if it has ever existed, if so I would be on older 15450 versions.

Maybe my good friend here and AP-Guru @legend could fill us in.

Otherwise. Will let the pics speak for themself.

Both have a great dark blue dial. B7F is a bit more saturated irl.

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Was thinking of doing a small comparison review of the B7F and JF 15450 first but nah, just some quick thoughts here. Yes I know this is a 15550 thread but think this might interest you as well.

For every so called Reddit/RWI-experts saying this is a "Ali express-shitter" after seing a few pics I could not agree less.

This might be the 15450 ever made imo (they actually do a 15550 as well but I prefer this).

I don't do macros as noone can se it anyway. In comparison pics I have the B7F to the left and JF (best/old version) to the right that I was lucky to get.

The last JF batch had far, I mean FAR to bright blue color on the dial so don't get this if you want genlike.

The printing on the B7F is much superior to JF. Very white and crisp when JF is a bit weak/dull, almost transparent.

My JF is old so maybe it have looked better but the brush finnish on the B7F is otherwise better.

The datewheel on the B7F is not the best, especially on the 2-9 numbers, they are too wide and generic. JF wins there but that's a small issue irl.

The AP-logo on the dial I will let be untold. The JF has a very genlike one. B7F AP logo I've seen on renders (not real life pics) so cant say for sure if it has ever existed, if so I would be on older 15450 versions.

Thanks for posting the pictures. What is lug-to-lug measurement (Overall length) of the B7F? Thanks.

Last edited:

Angryboai

Known Member
13/8/21
The "Automatic" on B7F dial seem to be in the correct position like gen, unlike the JF so they got that going, which is nice.
I may give B7F a try.

Moe1337

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/11/22
USA

Is the one on the right still aquirable from td ? I want one soo bad

Reactions: Kei king