• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Josh and Andrew - A Staff decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jurgenk

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/07
ummm.... am i allowed to chime in on this thread? what is the magic number of posts?

i just wanted to say, regardless of the facts, and how you feel you've been treated by the dealers in question, and the 'ethicality' of their business practices with other dealers, one obvious fact needs to be repeated:

the ESSENTIAL ATTRIBUTE separating a legitimate rep forum from a scam site is giving impartial information and real reviews on watches AND DEALERS.

when a forum zaps threads that are "NOT RELEVANT" to its members because they veer into off limits discussions about sponsoring dealers, there's a quick descent and slippery slope into scam site territory.

("Proud to be an American" playing in the background.)

So say what you will about RWI and traffic, and RWI admins selling watches on other sites, and RWI members being sore losers.

I'm proud to be an RWI member where at least I know I'm free (to post about whatever I want about any dealer).

Even Jacka$$es from other boards can come on here and insult the whole membership and administration of RWI.

But the thread will not be deleted.

Peace

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
14 pages in just a few hours. That racked up faster than the original one. :D

What's funny to me is that even after all this has happened, some people think that it will somehow result in them changing the way they do things. It will not. Somone said it best when they posted that Josh and Andrew will just be more careful not to get caught next time. And knowing this it should be a given that the ban should be permanent. Yet I get the impression that it's more of a time out. A long term one but time out nonetheless that could end at some point.

I want to mention one other thing that I do feel is a major component in this whole sad ordeal. Participation.

If this whole thing wasn't so steeped with history for me, what WB said wouldn't have gotten me to thinking so much. He was commenting about all the low posters coming out of the woodwork. It is true they have but it's not just them. What bugs me is when the situation was being discussed, everyone was like 'They are good dealers. I like them, Why pick on them' blah blah. yet once the decision was made everyone comes back and says 'I ALWAYS KNEW THEY WERE DIRTY. GOOD JOB ADMIN'. It's like watching a tv reporter interview some locals after one of their neighbors got caught for a crime they'd watched him commit a dozen other times.

And it's all because no one ever wants to cast the first stone. They wait for someone else to do it, then pick up a pitchfork when the mob assembles. Well waiting for the mob to assemble is how this situation got so bad in the first place. I know I have been working behind the scenes on this topic for the last six months. Opportunities were given and went unanswered. And in the end the staff made the best decision for the community. To quote something I once heard. THE FAT LADY HAS SUNG! 8) With that said its time we get back to the hobby. But in the future everyone needs to remember this is OUR community. We all need to speak up more. It's not easy I know but the more willing people are to stand up the more problems can be avoided.

tutima

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/06
We are the lead forum in respect to membership protection against rogue dealers...

When we first toke action against TTK, people are laughing at us for what we did...A few months later, TTK was banned from RWG as well...Maybe it was for different reason per se...But it was all started due to his sleezy business practice and the brutality attitude towards his customer...

Let's wait and see how this drama plays out on the other forums...I guess we can discount RG there since they are mainly a dealer driven forum... :?

opak

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/9/07
I have to admit, I havent been to this forum for a long time and have made RG my main site for anything replica. But I do praise the RWI Admins for looking out, not only for the forum members here, but for the rep community has a whole. My hats goes off to you guys.

And btw, if any of you admin cares to know why I stopped coming here.. Mainly, its because I dont understand why negative and immature members (Im looking straight at sub4me) are allowed to pontificate and insult other members without any serious reprimands. Freedom of speech is one thing, verbal abuse is another. :wink:

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
This shouldn't need to be said, but I will anyway. The staff here encourages any/all members to voice their opinions in this thread, regardless of their post count or join date.

Bear in mind that if you just joined yesterday and your first post is in this thread, your opinion will likely be met with a bit more skepticism by the membership. Phantom/shill accounts get created everyday, sad but true.

nikos

Known Member
11/4/08
Good decision. The forum should not "recommend" dealers proven not to respect members/customers and seeing them as "living money".

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
I give my OPINION as I see it, thats all. This is liberal forum open to freedom. If you opak don't like my particular free speech theres a button you can use to block seeing my posts, but lets face it your gonna read them anyway. 8)

Don't be a nancy pants. LMAO :D

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Jurgenk said:
I'm proud to be an RWI member where at least I know I'm free (to post about whatever I want about any dealer).

Even Jacka$$es from other boards can come on here and insult the whole membership and administration of RWI.

But the thread will not be deleted.

Peace

Thank You jurgenk, you see the truth. 8)

watchbuff

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/07
Sorry Marco you feel that way. We had many a controversial thread and informative threads and there was a serious lack of participation. As soon as we remove something people come screaming who I did not know existed. I welcome the lurkers and it is a great place to be informed. Some participation is all that i would like to see. Some of us buy watches, take pictures, do reviews and tutorials. Maybe I'm fucked up. I like it here because if a dealer fucks me...I can say it, let people know and get a stir so things get right not just for me but for the collective here.

You can easily find the twins site. No one is saying you cant shop there, or hang in RepGeek. I dabble in all 3 forums. Some more than others at any given time.
I like the guys here, they are real. I personally like Dave,so I'll leave that one alone. I understand him...Im a controversial figure myself so I do see the Dave situation differently and wish it was never brought to this level.

The Jandrew issue was the elephant in the room. Price fixing, muscling, this are not unsubstantiated allegations. We assked for proof and we got it. It's not the first time they did some underhanded shit. The little white lies post that floats around in every forum pertains so half of the crap they pull 1:1 copy, 100$ for waterproofing...etc. Come on.

I am still sort of a noob. When I'm not flying I'm at my desk fucking off here getting informed, entertained and shopping for my next wrist candy. WE ARE NOT FOR SALE and if any other dealer , even a singular one that deals in one on one sales tries to screw around with us we are not afraid to take action and that sends a message.

Got to go...bad hangover from a killer mojito

marco130

Renowned Member
29/2/08
sub4me said:
marco130 said:
watchbuff said:
alot of low post counts chiming in. Where have they been? They come out of the woodwork after lurking only to coplain and criticize. Were trying to make this a better place for all. Not just the 1% of us that provide 99% of the posts for you to read, enjoy and learn. I think that was a rant last month.

I posted a complementary and supportive note and in minutes I'm being told to F Off!

Mods say they took care of it.

First off watchbuff is 100% Correct 8) , second my comment wasn't really directed at you marco but more of a statement to another thread, although I did use you as example because when a hot topic comes up all the noobs show up just to post some dumb a s s s h i t, mostly about nothing.

Listen you don't like me oh well F off and don't read my posts. LMAO :D

BTW, don't take everything so seriously or next time send a PM (which I probably won't read) instead of crying boo hoo to the form mods, they have more important s h i t to do then worry about what I'm posting and don't worry they all know me and are familiar with my mother f u c k i n g mouth. 8)

Ask the mods. I didn't PM them. I was just reading a post where it refered that it was taken care of.
I was in the Army for 5 years. It would have been 5 minutes if I couldn't take the language.

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
opak said:
I have to admit, I havent been to this forum for a long time and have made RG my main site for anything replica. But I do praise the RWI Admins for looking out, not only for the forum members here, but for the rep community has a whole. My hats goes off to you guys.

And btw, if any of you admin cares to know why I stopped coming here.. Mainly, its because I dont understand why negative and immature members (Im looking straight at sub4me) are allowed to pontificate and insult other members without any serious reprimands. Freedom of speech is one thing, verbal abuse is another. :wink:

opak, if ANY forum member offends you with his attitude I would strongly suggest setting them to "foe" and then you will no longer see the text of their posts. sub4me is very opinionated and pretty foul-mouthed, I agree. However, I haven't seen him post anything ban-worthy (this is not an invitation to try to prove me wrong, sub).

opak

28/9/07
I wasnt aware of that option, thanks for the tip! :mrgreen: So Mr sub4me, consider yourself ignored.

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
opak said:
I wasnt aware of that option, thanks for the tip! :mrgreen: So Mr sub4me, consider yourself ignored.

Every forum has their clowns (sorry s4m i mean it in the nicest way :twisted: ), but at least here you know 90% of the threads are not going to be deleted. Evaluate the situation for yourself and ignore the people you dont care for.

doctorron

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/07
opak said:

Opak, please spend some more time on our forum. The bad thing about the written word is you can't tell the writers' tone. I don't doubt Sub4me means what he says but I also know he is a nice guy who can also take some shite too. I understand, you don't know him; it would probably piss me off too. However, please keep an open mind. I bet if we were all talking in person it wouldn't seem nearly as offensive. Plus, you can insult him back, he doesn't mind at all.

brtelec

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
Nah, I am pretty sure he means everything he says! :D We look at him like the 12 year old with tourette Syndrome, you really can't stay mad at him, and if you watch him long enough he will do something really funny! :D

opak

28/9/07
hehe cheers guys.. I gotta say, after closely following this whole jandrew debacle, I got new-found respect for this board. And having found out about the "ignore" function, I'll definitely spend more time here! :mrgreen:

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Thanks guys, as always sub appericates your support. 8)

Some get me some don't. Don't care really I'm not here to please Toms Hairy D I C K, lol and yes the famous ignore button, this button is often used by the uninformed, the uneasy, and of course by those that are profoundly offended by subs mouth [smilie=la.gif] LMFAO.

watchbuff said:
I I am still sort of a noob. When I'm not flying I'm at my desk fucking off here getting informed, entertained and shopping for my next wrist candy. WE ARE NOT FOR SALE

Ok now everyone please contiune fucking off here, thanks watchbuff. 8)

brtelec

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
Don't you worry Sub I will never put you on ignore! I wouldn't want to miss anything good. :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.