• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JLC Reverso Duo Homage

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
I have just purchased a Jean Muller Reverso from eBay, which is essentially a rebadged JLC Reverso Duo replica. I've been looking for a good replica of the Reverso for quite some time, and it seems that all the current replicas suffer from at least one of the following issues:

1. caseback screws on the reverse side;
2. two crowns instead of just one;
3. a single crown, but dials aligned so that one has to flip the strap direction around when the watch face is flipped (this I don't understand at all, since if they had just rotated the dial on the reverse by 180 degrees, it would be fine);
4. an open heart complication on the back face.

In fact, the nicest I've seen are the Swiss quartz replicas with one face and an integrated metal bracelet (older design), or the fantasy (or poor replica) Skeleton model.

Anyhow, I haven't yet received the Jean Muller Reverso in the mail, but someone posted some nice photos of his that I wanted to share. This is the review I got the photos from:

http://www.pmwf.com/Phorum/read.php?26,213278,213278,printview

JeanMuller6-2-10.jpg

Muller6-3-10b.jpg

Muller6-3-10c.jpg

Muller6-3-10d.jpg

Muller6-3-10e.jpg

Muller6-3-10f.jpg

Muller6-3-10g.jpg

Muller6-3-10h.jpg

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
really nice - Im going to get you to buy my watches!

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
[sigh] If only I was classy enough to wear one of these.... maybe I could get away with it on Christmas and Easter- no, I doubt it. :(

:p

maxlawbr

Put Some Respect On My Name
27/9/06
This one is very nice.

Congrats, I'll look for it.

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
Thanks. Just search for "Jean Muller Reverso," the seller seems to keep the demand and price up by only offering one or two for sale at any one time. I ended up willing the bid at about $140, and there was an additional $13 for shipping and handling (which is on the expensive side, but I guess they send it UPS Second Day).

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
really nice - Im going to get you to buy my watches!

Thanks wat, these are some of the other dressy replicas I have (except for the Glashutte Original Senator Sixties which has been sold).

DSC01079.jpg

DSC01059.jpg

DSC01083.jpg

DSC01064.jpg

DSC01087.jpg

DSC00775.jpg

DSC00776.jpg

DSC00778.jpg

DSC01413.jpg

DSC01027.jpg

1.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

DSC00636-1.jpg

IMG_3761.jpg

Johnsoir

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/9/11
Sweet Reverso!

A little off topic but I was wondering where you got that second Patek Phillipe?

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
Thanks. I thought it would help reduce the urge to get the gen JLC Grande Reverso Duo, but honestly, it's only made it worse... so I've been selling off part of my collection, and saving up for this:

grandereversoduo4.jpg

Unfortunately, this photo isn't mine, but I'm getting close, maybe another month or two...

glad4817

Known Member
11/9/11
That is a beautiful watch, what model is it exactly?

I'm a month away from this :

IMG_8535copycopy.jpg

First pay packet of my new job tomorrow :D

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
That is a beautiful watch, what model is it exactly?

I'm a month away from this :

IMG_8535copycopy.jpg

First pay packet of my new job tomorrow :D

It's the JLC Grande Reverso Duo in Stainless Steel (374.84.21). There was also a similar watch, the Grande Reverso 986 Duodate, which was a limited edition of 1500 pieces, which has a slightly more elaborate dial, but the 986 case size of 32mm X 52mm, instead of the Grande Reverso Duo, which has the 976 case size of 30mm X 48.5mm. Besides being out of stock, I think the 976 case size is a better fit for my 6.75" wrist.

The JLC Master Ultra Thin Moon is an amazing watch, an impeccable choice of dress watch. Congratulations on the new job.

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
We share a love of reverso's - and 'classic' styled timepieces

That's a lovely version and thanks for posting as I hadn't known of the 'brand' previously .... most of the reverso reps appear to have the awful engraving on the backs ... can't believe it replicates the genuine, surely...

I will get a single-face model one day - you know, for when I am playin' Polo 'an all.

BTW - and apologies for being OT but I don't see a Longines Evidenza or Dolce Vita in your collection there - I do see the Galsshutte which is just beautiful (another one for my wishlist) ... in fact I don't think I have seen any members on any forums with one - do they not appeal or are they not available, I wonder.

img1903m.jpg

368279d1294035783-you-get-what-you-pay-evidenza-vs-master-collection-evidenza-001.jpg

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
Thanks, it has been a long time coming. I actually tried on the Grand Reverso not too long ago and it is a big watch. Something like the 301.84.20 is a bit smaller. That will probably be my next purchase, probably second hand though:

http://www.jomashop.com/jaeger-le-coultre-grand-reserve-3018420.html

Yeah, the Grande Reverso is on the big side, but I really want a Reverso that has dual timezones on the two faces, and the only other option is the Reverso Duo, which is a bit too small for me at 26mm X 42mm. It's kind of a Goldilocks feel, ones too big and the other is too small. I wasn't a fan of the circular petite seconds subdial either.

Part of the motivation to get the Jean Muller Reverso homage was that it is very similar in size to the Grande Reverso Duo, which helps me decide how I feel about the size of the Grande Reverso.

I don't typically find Reversos show up for sale preowned on the watch forums, but I guess one could look at chrono24.com instead.

We share a love of reverso's - and 'classic' styled timepieces

That's a lovely version and thanks for posting as I hadn't known of the 'brand' previously .... most of the reverso reps appear to have the awful engraving on the backs ... can't believe it replicates the genuine, surely...

I will get a single-face model one day - you know, for when I am playin' Polo 'an all.

BTW - and apologies for being OT but I don't see a Longines Evidenza or Dolce Vita in your collection there - I do see the Galsshutte which is just beautiful (another one for my wishlist) ... in fact I don't think I have seen any members on any forums with one - do they not appeal or are they not available, I wonder.

The quality of Reverso replicas seem to be poor in general, at least the ones which are currently available. The better dual faced replicas seem to be essentially identical to this Jean Muller homage, but the reversing mechanism is a bit flimsy, and feels cheap compared to the gen. There is a single faced version based on an older Reverso design (with an integrated metal bracelet), which looks quite good.

http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=31&products_id=3154

94f43340737fefb84c827279a0063bf9.image.800x532.JPG

I actually ended up selling the AP Royal Oak Jumbo (the bracelet doesn't really fit my wrist well), the Lange Datograph (preferred the look of my VC chronograph), and the Glashutte Original Senator Sixties. The VC Patrimony Contemporaine had a problem with the date wheel alignment, and was shipped back, and Mary wasn't able to find me a replacement, so I ended up getting a refund.

The Glashutte was very nice, but I wasn't a big fan of the Rose Gold, and really wanted the stainless steel case instead. Unfortunately, the reason why it isn't seen that often on the forums is that it's no longer readily available, and I got mine from the late Robert, and haven't been able to find the stainless steel version.

The Longines you showed are very nice, are they replicas? I don't seem to be able to find them. The only Longines I see which looks similar is the Longines Master Chronograph, but I'm just a bit hesitant to get a A7750 based replica.

I did actually have the opportunity to get a gen Longines Evidenza at an excellent price as one of the nearby ADs was going to stop carrying Longines, and was clearing out their stock at about 60% off MSRP, but I had other demands on my money at the time.

f6493cf01d00e2b48bef6934791bcaaf.image.800x532.jpg

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
Yes, they are genuine - I have searched and the only sites that "have" them are almost certainly scammers, though I believe one TD here had one or two a while ago. Just can't remember who.

I have always liked both models and as there was a series of Longines Ads which featured both these watches and Humphrey Bogart and Audrey Hepburn my interest grew ... then I found out that Bogey was a Longines wearer, as was Albert Einstein, I thought that if I get one, maybe I might get a little talent or brains

:D

hope springs eternal!

EinsteinLonginesAntiq_LRG-1.jpg

Long1_800.jpg

BogeyDV.jpg

semiotic.jpg

.. and of course, when the "goddess" herself started advertising Longines, well ... that was the end of me!

ishwarya-Rai-Bachchan-Posh-Longines-Ad1.jpg

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
Y
The Glashutte was very nice, but I wasn't a big fan of the Rose Gold, and really wanted the stainless steel case instead. Unfortunately, the reason why it isn't seen that often on the forums is that it's no longer readily available, and I got mine from the late Robert, and haven't been able to find the stainless steel version.

It says out of stock, but maybe if enough people ask for one they 'may' do a production run ....

http://www.timeshops.net/glashutte/...ginal-silver-dial-lt-asia-manual-winding.html

thedoover

Snow Monkey Ambassador
Supporter
Certified
15/6/10
Since you are looking at this watch, thought I would post a link to a review of it that just showed up on ablogtoread.com.

Link

Thanks. I thought it would help reduce the urge to get the gen JLC Grande Reverso Duo, but honestly, it's only made it worse... so I've been selling off part of my collection, and saving up for this:

grandereversoduo4.jpg

Unfortunately, this photo isn't mine, but I'm getting close, maybe another month or two...