• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JLC NSD On Different Straps

sharkrun1982

Horology Curious
27/4/10
Hmmm...well that sucks. Any idea if the bracelet could function without that notch (though I don't know of a good way to fill it in). I have an aftermarket strap en route and I suppose that notch is going to annoy the hell out of me. I could always buy the gen leather strap I suppose though I prefer croc.

GBOGH

I'm Pretty Popular
24/8/10
Think I finally found the right one. Donerix dark grey canvas with black stitching and black leather keepers.

PictureA1.jpg

PictureB1.jpg

PictureC1.jpg

PictureD1.jpg

PictureE1.jpg

PictureF1.jpg

PictureH1.jpg

D

d4m.test

No, it doesn't. Rep factory made notch so bracelet would work.

Holy crap. I never read that anywhere. That notch would definitely annoy me. I never planned on using anything other than the original bracelet, but that notch solidifies it for me.

GBOGH

I'm Pretty Popular
24/8/10
Holy crap. I never read that anywhere. That notch would definitely annoy me. I never planned on using anything other than the original bracelet, but that notch solidifies it for me.

It's really not noticeable wearing on the wrist TBO. But if that bothers you, I'd hate to see your ANALysis of rep-to-gen comparisons in general. That 1mm off here and there must make you crazy!

:biglaugh:

D

d4m.test

It's really not noticeable wearing on the wrist TBO. But if that bothers you, I'd hate to see your ANALysis of rep-to-gen comparisons in general. That 1mm off here and there must make you crazy!

:biglaugh:

:neener:

I'm not THAT picky, but if that notch were present in the gen I'd dislike it equally. I also get bugged by straight leather straps that have a larger than normal gap between it and a curved case. It has nothing to do with it being a rep or a gen.

I guess the notch wouldn't be noticeable with a strap that's thicker around the springbar, but with a larger gap my eye would get drawn to it, and therefore drawn to the notch.

ericb196

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
18/5/11
Think I finally found the right one. Donerix dark grey canvas with black stitching and black leather keepers.

PictureA1.jpg

This one is perfect !!! I might consider it ;)

phoucku

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/11/12
I asked an ad yesterday for this leatther strap : 250€ ....:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I'll keep my buck to purchase an other watches :)

mine on nato :

IMAG1375.jpg

And just a remark : i don't understand why they haven't rep the leatther strap. ???

is this 20 mm? I think 22 is way too big for it.

investinwaffles

Renowned Member
16/6/11
Hmm, there isnt an NSD owners club or general pic thread so I'll just add these here. Working on a custom strap idea for it, but I dont know which direction I want to go (canvas or alcantara)

The rubber bracelet is actually quite good IMO. The micro-adjustments in the deployant makes it easy to size it on the fly when I want the watch a little tighter or a little looser, depending on conditions.

This one came to me with a real swiss ETA 2824-2 out of a Hamilton watch (courtesy of a member here), so the only thing I can really see to do is waterproof the hell out of the watch and rock it like a GEN! :D

NSDSNOW6of9.jpg

NSDSNOW1of1-2.jpg

NSDSNOW1of9.jpg

NSDSNOW2of9.jpg

NSDSNOW3of9.jpg

NSDSNOW4of9.jpg

NSDSNOW5of9.jpg

NSDSNOW7of9.jpg

NSDSNOW8of9.jpg

NSDSNOW9of9.jpg

justudor

18/1/13
Hello all,

Do you think the NSD can be dressed up with a bracelet?
Thoughts?