• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JF CP released

jpohl402

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/7/12
The CP is the ultimate ap to Franken because it is so rare :)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although you will never find a gen dial.... Everyone uses original RGRC dials for their franken CP (before it was re-released.)
I think I remember Valante said a while back that gen CP has NO chrome ring around subdials, correct?
It looks like this JF version has chrome subdial rings, right? Doesn't matter to me as I actually prefer them, but that wouldn't be true to gen. No big deal though!
There is also a different shade of numeral surround between the two dials, one black & one (...grey?...) Don't remember exactly

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
Although you will never find a gen dial.... Everyone uses original RGRC dials for their franken CP (before it was re-released.)
I think I remember Valante said a while back that gen CP has NO chrome ring around subdials, correct?
It looks like this JF version has chrome subdial rings, right? Doesn't matter to me as I actually prefer them, but that wouldn't be true to gen. No big deal though!
There is also a different shade of numeral surround between the two dials, one black & one (...grey?...) Don't remember exactly

Sure looks like a Chrome ring round the sub dials on the Gen..

27967.jpg

My CP should be here this morning, to say I'm looking forward to receiving this is an understatement...
I know the dial colour is hard to rep, but I do hope the dial is more grey than black!!

jpohl402

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/7/12
^^
The Noob version was absolutely breathtakingly gorgeous...
Understated and elegant. Post pics once you get yours

EDIT: Jonny,
See post #27 here for photos:
http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=217655&page=2&p=2363058
CP has grey border around numerals. RGRC has black border around numerals.

To quote Valante and read more (taken from linked thread):
"theres is no ring in the CP, i have a friend that own the gen. i see it and held it several times.
And the grey numeral border also very2 thin its very hard to see in the wrist angle."

"@jpohl, gen doesnt have the sub dials ring"
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/188939-Two-RoseGold-Rubberclad-questions

His friend has a gen CP. Reps were made after seeing photos online from AP WITH subdial rings - a common trick discussed before, where pre-release photos are different from actual gen release, in an effort for manufacturers to create diversity between gens + reps. Has been discussed here at length before. Also happened with RG "pounder" and the Diver versions... ;)

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Well, well, well... impressions of the first person to receive theirs?

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
Well, well, well... impressions of the first person to receive theirs?

Very impressed by it... then again I'm easily impressed but I think.. no, I know I like this more than the 2014 Grey Themes I had..
Feels great, lovely weight and sits on the wrist lovely, I may not take it off for a while!

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13
Niiice ... "I may not take it off for a while" , just make sure you move that wrist with care in order to prevent her from scars, as she is a scratch magnet lol

baxter

14/6/12
Just received mine this morning ..... must say after having virtually all of the older noob versions of the 42mm ROO's i cannot believe the quality of the new models. I only have 2 now the Bumblebee ( amazing ) and now this one ... gotta say i'm blown away by it.

( ignore the chrono at 6 not reset .. it's fine thankfully )

andman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/11/13
Just received mine this morning ..... must say after having virtually all of the older noob versions of the 42mm ROO's i cannot believe the quality of the new models. I only have 2 now the Bumblebee ( amazing ) and now this one ... gotta say i'm blown away by it.

Nice one Baxter... CP is PC ............. pure class....!!!!

Paladium

15/2/13

Handle her with care. Beautiful piece.

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
Must admit, I am besotted with this... it gets better looking each time I see it!
The rep is stunning in person.. can't imagine how good the gen must look, esp. with the correct colour dial (and no ring around the sub dials, although I don't mind that..)

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
Haha look at my signature before saying that. :p Now when I paid for FC, I've decided no new ones before I don't sell something. First few will probably be 036, Graham and maybe Rollie. Then we'll think about what to add next. ;)

Btw still hoping and patiently waiting for JF RBII release. :thumbsup:

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
Haha look at my signature before saying that. :p Now when I paid for FC, I've decided no new ones before I don't sell something. First few will probably be 036, Graham and maybe Rollie. Then we'll think about what to add next. ;)

Btw still hoping and patiently waiting for JF RBII release. :thumbsup:

I see no CP :D
Nice collection.. the FC Diver is great, had it, sold it (twice) more fool me!!!

Micasol

I'm Pretty Popular
14/4/14
^^
The Noob version was absolutely breathtakingly gorgeous...
Understated and elegant. Post pics once you get yours

EDIT: Jonny,
See post #27 here for photos:
http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=217655&page=2&p=2363058
CP has grey border around numerals. RGRC has black border around numerals.

It is wrong, gen RGRC dial have the same grey border around numerals than the gen CP, and at least the gen CP don't have a metallic surrounded on the subdial, it is a light effect of the dial when pics of the gen where done.

i have exchange with the Dr about the CP dial and the RGRC dial, thinking there was this difference of the surrounded metallic subdials and if he could source a gen CP dial, he told me after looking from AP that they are the same dials, only difference, one is in red gold with grey tachy ring and the other is titanium with black tachy ring.

the black tachy ring does a big shining difference, the grey of the dial pop up more with the black tachy ring than with the grey one, when domi built my CP he fit first for test the gen grey tachy, the grey dial doesn't pop up than with the gen black tachy ring.

this combo is probably why the CP is so amazing in every wear situation, and pics can't show how in reality this watch is amazing, probably why AP used those light effects to magnify the watch.

at least this JF built look nice, for those who want a CP it is a good news They released this new edition.