• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JF AP Diver V7

watch this

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/15
No sir. Dealer's sending me another.

thats good that he's taking care of it when you put it on make sure to use a plastic rubber or wooden screw driver so you don't scratch it up on the way in they get damaged pretty easily

Maahes

Known Member
3/4/15
thats good that he's taking care of it when you put it on make sure to use a plastic rubber or wooden screw driver so you don't scratch it up on the way in they get damaged pretty easily

Learned that the hard way. Those screws are pretty soft. Thanks for the advice, mate.

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
Just received my JF Diver today. Except for the fact that it arrived missing a caseback screw (wasn't missing in the QC pictures), it's an amazing looking rep. Fit and finish is great, so I won't beat a dead horse there. My only gripe is that part of the buckle and caseback appear to be just raw steel. Weird to me that AP would leave part of a watch looking so...unfinished. That doesn't take away from the beauty of the thing at all, though.

from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The back of the watch and buckle are supposed to be like this - it gives the timepiece a real industrial feel, I like this bit. Gens are just the same (sand blasted that is). Enjoy it, you only need that missing screw

cornholio

Renowned Member
6/5/15
Damn I miss my diver, every time I see the AP section I wonder why I sold it.

OP, next step is to get the SS bracelet...TRUST ME you will not regret it, it COMPLETELY changes the watch and gives it the mother of all wow factors.

Maahes

Known Member
3/4/15
Damn I miss my diver, every time I see the AP section I wonder why I sold it.

OP, next step is to get the SS bracelet...TRUST ME you will not regret it, it COMPLETELY changes the watch and gives it the mother of all wow factors.

Few pages ago, the advice was to stick with the rubber, and get the JF 15400 on bracelet. In my opinion it really does look hot on the bracelet, but if I was going to go that way I should have gotten if with the bracelet. Paying for it separately is a major pain in the ass.

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
I don't know mate. That sounds like hater speak to me lol. The yuppie crowd buys into BMWs and Audis and Rolexes, and I don't think it's as superficial or pretentious as people make it out to be. Rolex is very well known, so some of the people who want to get noticed (yuppies), or those who love the brand and heritage fanatically (like occb2, with all respect, sir) go for it. I'm in the yuppie crowd, and gravitating toward the fanatical love...but Audemars stands in the way lol.

Huge Porsche lover here too. I dream about the Panamera GTS...but the wife loves SUVs so we may go for the Macan S. Still a few years away from either of those though.

Black on black G-Series with ridiculously large rims, and a caviar. [emoji23][emoji23]

Also, running for president in this political climate would be a great idea. [emoji848]

hahaha Yes it would.. And you can add me to the the Porsche love as well.. I am the a Cayenne lover as well.. and of course the 911. Especially [MENTION=84805]occb2[/MENTION] 's .. I love his. And i've dreamt of building a porsche for some time. Still thinking of picking up a 996, or cayman S ... Sigh.

You know the funny thing. If I had more money than I do now I would still have Rolexes. And as much fun as I am having now I would get arrested because I am having a blast building my own rolexes. I would invest in a company that made homage cases that would fit real movements.

Like a 16710. Man if there was a gen spec case out there I would build 4 right off the bat. Since I have a real Coke 16710 case I would build a pepsi and a black, a two tone black and gold and a brown and gold Root beer.

I have been in love with Rolex since I wasn't allowed to touch my dads watch. It was off limits. It was a 1967 5513. I would remember running in his room and putting it on and the second I would hear him coming put it back and run. LOL.

My nothing looks nicer to me than a nice submariner. It could be a no date, it could be the Hulk. They are just ageless. I actually brought a BK Hulk because I wanted to make sure that I was going to like it. This year I am treating myself to a real Rolex again. Those of you that know me know Ive owned a few. I just didn't know if I wanted a plan no date, or a date sub or the Hulk. I got a ceramic date sub from BK and wore it. I brought a Hulk from BK and wore that. I do like the plain ceramic date better but for collectability I am going for the Hulk. I will build my plain ceramic date from a Noob V6S.

Love this place and this hobby and you guys. We are sitting here arguing which watch is the best and we play around with Reps. When I was in Narcotics my Sgt. said I was on the take because I had a Rolex. Not realizing that the 16610 was $3200 dollars. Then when I went to the detective squad I trained it in for a 16613. Then a year later I brought my first 911. A red 85 Carrera. Then My commanding officer looked at me pulling into work one day and said I pay you way too much. Then I told him I got it for $16,500. Now that little air cooled f'er is about $50,000. I am happy with my twin turbo. Fun fast and as safe as a 911 can be with tracking control and ABS but the car has 450 HP and is the first 911 that can do 200MPH. So I don't think anything is to safe at those speeds. LOL.

So after a nice drive in my 911 looking at the time on my 16803 Bluesy, sitting back watching the sun set over the hudson, smoking an Fuentes cigar, sipping a Kettle and club, retired, I can say that I love my life!

Still love your 911..

Let me know how it turns out.
Lol you say that, but you don't have to deal with the silence. She doesn't argue. Doesn't have time for it, she says. She just doesn't say shit. At all. For days on end. It's the creepiest thing ever. I like it when she talks lol. Besides, Canada's not as cool with tattoos as you guys are over the border, at least not in corporate culture, not yet. Was probably good advice in hindsight.

hahahaha I know that feeling.. It's creepy as hell. Like should I be sleeping in the same house creepy. Mine can hold a grudge forever as well. Hell she's still mad about something her college roommate did 5 years ago.. But mine wants me to get a sleeve.. lol
[MENTION=70346]xj4sonx[/MENTION] yours looks incredible.. Where on earth is that crystal??

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
[MENTION=99457]FiloViridae[/MENTION] it's prof's double AR coated diver crystal. I Love it

Maahes

Known Member
3/4/15
And i've dreamt of building a porsche for some time. Still thinking of picking up a 996, or cayman S .........

I loved the Cayman S, but that Panamera blew me away. That V8 (not the newer V6) was just otherworldly, and the PDK made sure I just had one long, loud, back-to-the-seat, balls to the floor joyride. Corners at 100 and the car stuck to the road like the tires were glued down...even when the back did kick out, I never felt like I wasn't in complete control of what was going on. In comparison, I drove a 599GTB in Milan in that same year (drive your dream, €130, right outside Il Duomo, if you ever go), and I got the feeling it was actively trying to kill me. Like I told [MENTION=84805]occb2[/MENTION], I dream about that GTS. I MUST have that car.

As to the sleeve...she doesn't care if I get a full upper body tattoo, from waist up to neckline. As long as it doesn't go past my elbows.

One more thing about the Cayman...drive it, and then get in a 2007 911 C4S. Two entirely different worlds, and only about a $10,000 difference. [emoji6]

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
I want the new 911R. They only made 991 of them though! So I will be waiting for it in the used car market in a few years. That car is incredible. A pure Porsche at it rawest.

cornholio

Renowned Member
6/5/15
Few pages ago, the advice was to stick with the rubber, and get the JF 15400 on bracelet. In my opinion it really does look hot on the bracelet, but if I was going to go that way I should have gotten if with the bracelet. Paying for it separately is a major pain in the ass.

I've had the diver both on rubber and bracelet and I have a 15400 JF. I agree that the JF diver bracelet is quite expensive, its almost the price of a new PAM but it changes the watch completely, and IMO better than the 15400. You can also keep an eye out on the m2m section for a bracelet and you might get lucky

The JF 15400 is a stunning watch but the bracelet, as good as it looks, isn't that good with its sharp edges, and the Miyota (at least on mine) has a ridiculously loud and heavy rotor and having held both the JF and gen 15400 side by side I can tell you the dial is off and needs a few more versions before JF can come close to gen.

Maahes

Known Member
3/4/15
I've had the diver both on rubber and bracelet and I have a 15400 JF. I agree that the JF diver bracelet is quite expensive, its almost the price of a new PAM but it changes the watch completely, and IMO better than the 15400. You can also keep an eye out on the m2m section for a bracelet and you might get lucky

The JF 15400 is a stunning watch but the bracelet, as good as it looks, isn't that good with its sharp edges, and the Miyota (at least on mine) has a ridiculously loud and heavy rotor and having held both the JF and gen 15400 side by side I can tell you the dial is off and needs a few more versions before JF can come close to gen.

[emoji848] Useful advice there re: the diver. I'll keep an eye out for a bracelet, or I'll find one in M2M. Worst case is it's too heavy or not quite my style, and I'll have to break my no selling until 1,000 posts rule and sell it. Also super jealous of [MENTION=70346]xj4sonx[/MENTION] 's Prof crystal, so if the mood strikes I'll sell the diver and stalk M2M until Prof puts out another one.

As to the 15400...there's something about it that just does it for me. I've read that the rotor can be loud, and that oiling it might help. Otherwise, I'll enlist some help (and do some research) as to whether the A2824 fits. Since the 2824 can take the AP decorated rotor, I'm not sure why it's not offered on the 15400 tbh.

And the comparison to gen...I get that it won't be spot on, but for the most part I'm ok with that. As long as it's not naked eye glaring and won't lead to some obnoxious asshole calling me out at a work social or in the office (which, from my reading, has yet to actually happen), I'm ok with a few flaws. I gotta be, I really don't want to pay 2k for an AP dial lol.

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA

You know JF recently updated dial?
Now it looks pretty damn close. AP also is doing some updates to gen watches so it's hard to keep up with all that.
If you get JF 15400 now it will be updated one which in my opinion is pretty damn close.
In my opinion most gen APs are:
JF Diver v7,
JF 15400 v2 SS updated dial
JF bumblebee

watchngars

Renowned Member
31/3/16
As has been said, highly recommend the bracelet. Super high quality. Pic taken this morning.

Maahes

Known Member
3/4/15
So now I've discovered a screw that's not recessed, and I cannot unsee it. Every time I look at the goddamn watch, I see the non-recessed screw. [emoji30] What do I do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
^ Thats easy to fix. Just remove the caseback and there will be a tiny washer in there under the front hex screw that protruding. This washer is most likely not sitting straight or properly causing the screw to protude slightly.

I agree the diver on bracelet is the bees knees. Transforms the entire watch

Maahes

Known Member
3/4/15
Awesome. Thank you, [MENTION=39255]peterpl[/MENTION].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk