• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JF 16610 LN compared to gen, TC

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Great comparison thread, especially for your first time. Thanks for this, I’ve been eagerly awaiting a comparison since the JF came out.

On a side note, I think the JF no date ceramic sub that just came out looks outstanding. SELs are razor blade tight, with appropriate height relative to the lugs; even the bezel insert looks to be improved. Not too much needs done to this to get it into “super rep” territory. JF has been on fire with the recent Rolex releases— maybe this’ll spur NOOB factory to up their game...
I tottally dissagree:)

Reactions: electric

zechef350

Renowned Member
17/4/10
I see your gen example is a non engraved rehaut. Here is some pics of my gen 16610 M serial rehaut in different lighting for comparison.
4ed5e4ef68022417ac0cd4f564340a89.png
761c015262146b7a07cc4a4c768f5f4f.png
fe18a32595ca3b5deb05941c55026f62.png

Sent from the RWI mobile app

eazye

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/13
@zechef350 hope you don't mind, I cropped one of your pics to show the difference in the engraving.

The JF one is one top with the skinny crown.

15875e98f721caec4e88ebd906ceafee.jpg

Also, thanks for sharing the pics! It clears up a lot of questions that I had which everyone seems to be complaining about but don't even really know. Gen is Gen and it's beautiful!

zechef350

Renowned Member
17/4/10
@zechef350 hope you don't mind, I cropped one of your pics to show the difference in the engraving.

The JF one is one top with the skinny crown.

Of course not. I wanted to offer an apples to apples comparison. I just wish I had a better camera to take a better pic ! The JF LN is shockingly good. I'm going to get one myself !

Sent from the RWI mobile app

eazye

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/13
DW is the only glaring flaw I can detect

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Yea. But I think that's a given. I don't think any factory will get that, just like the ceramic bezel on the 6 digit.

lfarcos

Renowned Member
30/4/16
The DW is a perceptible flaw.

The solution is to change the DW for a GEN one. Any other cheaper alternative like-gen?

@smoke commented a good 3135 DW replica, where I can acquire them?

Thanks in advance!

Spinman

25/10/16
The DW is a perceptible flaw.

The solution is to change the DW for a GEN one. Any other cheaper alternative like-gen?

@smoke commented a good 3135 DW replica, where I can acquire them?

Thanks in advance!

If you haven't already ordered your JF, then you could ask your TD to source one for you and send it with your order. Most of the TD's are very amenable and helpful.

LifeTrekker

Known Member
20/10/15
Thanks for putting this head to head comparison together @DC109. It was very helpful, especially to a rep noob like myself.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

LifeTrekker

Known Member
20/10/15
Any recommendation in eBay?? :)

Thanks in advance!!
Since I'm contemplating buying one of these myself, this is something I'd really like to know too. Does the eBay seller with the good 3135 DW happen to be the guy located in Conroe, TX?

LifeTrekker

Known Member
20/10/15
Thank you @DC109 for your beautiful pics and for taking the plunge buying one

I am now officially sold. Going to order one definitely, once they fix the weak SEL issue
Then I am going to..
1. sand the rehaut
2. have someone drill lug holes into it
3. franken the hell out of it with gen parts
4. enjoy
This is pretty much my plan too, save the frankening the hell out of it part. Since I'm pretty new to the rep modding world, I'm not quite sure what parts I'll feel will need replacement with gen. If the rep parts are 90% - 95% of gen, I may leave well enough alone. I always try to keep in mind that the main person I have to please is myself.

HerbertPeter

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/3/15
Even they fixed the Position flaw the messed up the the caliber number
8ecce0089d7690d14c70a05eb203f8e5.png

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

JackJ1980

Mythical Poster
20/6/16
My opinion is the jf ln 16610 is easily jf factorys best work.it smokes that crappy lv they came out with by miles.as for the bold print this dial jf is using in the ln is a copy of the 2008/2010 dial and the layount and font is correct.the boldness lools to be pretty simular to the gen version of this dial .but hard to be sure without a gen 16610 from 2008/2010 next to it in the same pic.improvements of this ln vs the jf lv are clear as day.sel improved,rehaut is not wokky no more,rehaut is shiny now,rehaut engraving is deep and double outlined like gen.only issue is the font especially noticable on the foot of the r.
Cg also look a bit better aswell.now if jf can improve the rehaut engraving font ill glady buy one
The cg's appear noticeably thinner and more tapers also in one of the pics. Something I wouldn't normally even look at. I was noticing the font issue on the dial as well and it would be awesome to see one side by side with a correct year gen for comparison. DW don't isn't JF strongsuit :) this does seem better than LV though. Thanks for you input smoke and thanks to OP for the pictures. It is appreciated. Would have been nice to see more side by side of the TC and JF but that has been done to death on the LV. Thanks again!